Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

A classic.

We definitely have too many Moriarty's around here. I think the fanbase needs a win more than the players.

Acad23 likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with this more. 100% on the money. I really don't want to offend any member here but enough is enough.
    First off we knew going in that the new coaching staff was inheriting a number of holes. Defensively, I think what Williams has done considering the weakness in CB, injuries and the like is nothing short of great. So asking for his dismissal now is monumentally nonsensical in my opinion.
    As for Gase, he has not shown much . We agree. But as you well pointed out, we are more than frocked with injuries' and armed with an offensive line that is worse than any good college OL. Nor can anyone be judged after a few games in earnest.
    But the real reason for my discontent is that before the season started we had many concerns that forecasted a tough start and we most likely needed a couple of years to turn the ship around. Yet, after adding nothing but fluke illness, injuries, lack of a kicker, and the painful validation of how poor our OL and CB position is, at the very first loss, we have a myriad of fire Gase, fire Williams, fire every one blah, blah blah threads. All saying the same freaking thing, repeating the same shit, and all substantiated by nothing but personal frustration. It is IMO absolutely pointless to have multiple threads addressing the same personal unhappiness by each member. One is enough for everyone to express their discontent against the coaching staff. At this pace we will overload the site with the former, and overshadow the great, informative inputs by many members that has always made TGG special.
    Are the results so far really that shocking to every one? I'm very disappointed as many of you guys but not surprised. In fact I'm surprised as to how well the D is playing given our shortcomings.
    Sunday will be a massive test of our fortitude. I hope we don't overwhelm the site with more of the same on Monday. There will be plenty of time to evaluate the CS with actual facts at the end of the season.

SOJAZ, Sam Hammer and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I feel like Gase is holding out everybody from the pats game and basically conceding defeat before the game even starts. I get it but I don’t like it.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can't it be both?

Until they solidify the line play...this team won't win shit.

Sam is going to be the leading scorer....Sam Ficken that is... :confused:

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good question. I'm not that well-versed in OL play, and there are others here like Kurt who could answer your question better than I can. Since you asked me, however, I will take a stab at it, but I may be wrong. I didn't get to see the 1st game against the Bill, but did get to see the Cleveland game. In that game, it looked to me like they were doing zone blocking, which is not the best fit for Osemele. That's the scheme he struggled in last year in Oakland. He is better in a man-to-man, power blocking scheme. As Acad23 suggests, it could be both however. There could be flaws in the blocking scheme AND Osemele could be struggling with the scheme. If' I'm correct that they're running mostly or totally a zone-blocking scheme, then Osemele's talents are probably being wasted. If so, we should either switch next year to a man-to-man scheme or seek to trade or release him.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You are right, associating mentally ill with Jets fans is an insult to the mentally ill. Our fans are way less intellectually capable.

[​IMG]

#426 Sam Hammer, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  7. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Didn't mean to insult you, Hammer-Head. :)

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sid you’re trying to hard with the Hammer-Head thing. It wasn’t funny the first time you posted it.

Just FYI.

9. Sid Youngelman

FYI it's spelled "too", not "to". Obviously, you should be spending more time in school and less time on this site.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Uh oh, a grammar nazi.

And for what it’s worth, I was just trying to help you make less of an ass of yourself, but by all means, Sid, continue.

11. Sid Youngelman

And for what it's worth, I was just trying to help you not look like an illiterate idiot. But by all means continue. :)

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

0-3 start boys....get ready for it

Jets69 likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Would we have been better off if we fired Bowles and Maccagnan in January and hired Zac Taylor along with Douglas? First time HC, yes, but h must've learned a thing or two with the Rams. Maybe I'm just crazy.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ya really think he needs help?

15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He has now plenty of time

Let’s see

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Which raises the question of which is preferred, a coach with no NFL head coaching experience or one with a few years of unsuccessful NFL experience, both on and off the field?

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Should have fired Mac along with Bowles, hired Douglas and let him hire his choice of HC.

CotcheryFan, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That makes sense.. But that's not the Jet way..

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Didn’t think this was worthy of its own thread but question for everyone is anti Gase to the max:

What would it take for you to sway towards wanting Gase? A win today? 2-1 vs Pats Eagles Dallas?

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good point..the Fans in NY are tough

They are at your feet or at your throat..so Gase needs to simply start winning to silence the mass hysteria against him.

But today well...prob won't be pretty and fully expect another 19 pages on Gase. IMO the first 3 games are tune ups and you can't really evaluate AG until all the studs are healthy...after that point..it will be Open Season on him

That said, I thought we would be 1-2 at best this point in the Season. Blowing that lead vs Bills hurt us in a game we could have won even with SD starting to get sick..field goals missed was the killer ..oh well