Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

How about the line schemes that were mentioned above... that is a damming analysis of the O scheme and that is on our HC. Game one they scored how many points 8 pts. That is a real O production. Next Game 3 pts... 11 if your counting. Both games had free rushers to the QB and only SAMs ability to move around in Game one didn't make it worse... so sorry. We maybe snake bit with the injuries but if you had people that could actually block then maybe we would be 1-1 or maybe 2-0.

rickjet likes this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yes. His analysis on the first play IS clearly wrong. The TE fucked up (1) and the QB taking bootleg might neutralize Garrett, but there is a free rusher waiting in that direction. (2) It is a faulty analysis first and foremost.

That said, he is spot on from the next assignment on, i.e. Olivier Vernon is completely unaccounted for all game long. You don't even see a TE or RB chipping Vernon, (or Garrett) let alone staying in the backfield to help out the tackles. I don't think that's a missed protection call. If Beachum is getting bull-rushed into the QB all game long while on 1-on-1 blocking assignment, that's not a missed blocking call/assignment. That's just fucking stupid game play design.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why is Gase full of shit and not Frank Pollack? Doesn't the OL coach determine the blocking scheme in conjunction with the OC/HC? Isn't he the one responsible for insuring that the OL understand the scheme and make the right calls?

4. NCJetsfan

Unless something has changed, the QB isn't making the calls. It's the C. Because Sam is still learning and developing, it was stated during preseason or TC that Sam would not be making the line calls, that the OL (C) would be making those calls.

Now maybe Siemian made his own line calls since has more experience than Sam, but I suspect that it was Kalil.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"The Buck Stops Here" sign belongs on the desk of Gase, not Loggains, not Pollack, Not GWilliams. If Gase can't get his underlings to get things right why should he expect the players to?

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Bengals may not have been the world beater that Patriots are, but their OL NEVER played like the current Jets OL do. If Frank Pollack is the source of the problem, then it should have been clearly manifest in his Cincy days too. He was well-respected there in fact.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Right. Only those unicorn riders get to speak their minds here. I'm sure you don't want the mods to approve any new threads that reveal the bare truth about the emperor's new clothes. Sometimes it's your own kid who's the ugliest baby in the nursery; denying it doesn't make your kid look any better.

And your use of the word "retard" is childish and offensive.

bigbucks24, Sid Youngelman and Jets69 like this.
  8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jacksonville Jaguars s win last night is a perfect example how coaches prepare for the games and something the Jets can follow. Defense sacked Titans 9 times. Defense made some adjustments after the first game vs KC. Back up QB was efficient and their play calling was solid.

That said the Jets could turn this around even if they got 2-4 or 1-5 of the coaching staff make changes and adjustments. Don’t rule out the Jets just yet.

nicg4360 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't care if you consider it offensive, it's accurate when you read the OP. These threads are offensive to anybody with half a brain and make our fanbase look ridiculous.

It's one thing to have a thread where people complain, but when you have several threads bitching and complaining and whining nonstop about the same shit, it gets old fast.

It would be one thing if the team was healthy but still legitimately sucked, but people are outraged over fluke illness and injuries and trying to hold the coaches responsible after 2 friggin games. It makes no sense.

Yeah, it sucks, yeah it's ugly, but the team isn't healthy. Calling for the firing of the head coach AND defensive coordinator (who has been decent so far) is childish, so pardon me if I call out stupidity when I see it.

SOJAZ, jonnyd, nicg4360 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree that calling for Gase and/or Williams to be fired at this point is simply outrageous.

Its fine to feel that maybe Gase isn't going to pan out and be the next Belichik or that there may be friction between him and Williams at some point but imho it just isn't reasonable to blame this bad start on either of them, let alone to such an extent that they should be fired now.

The two things I feel can be legit railed on are 1) We for whatever reason simply didn't have a kicker ready when the shooting started and its not unfair to say that was the difference between winning and losing week1. and 2) Our offensive line just simply isn't that good and in my opinion should have been prioritized more even to the point of slightly overdrafting a LT with the #3 pick.

If you can't give your QB a little bit of time to operate your not going to win in the NFL. Simple as that. Like that asthma add that was on TV a few years ago that said "if you can't breathe nothing else matters" You have to have an effective QB, and you have to give him at least a fighting chance to operate or else you literally might as well not even bother showing up. Everything else. EVERYTHING else comes AFTER those two items are taken care of.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But we are the Jets. We don’t “turn things around” at 2-4 or 1-5. We fucking nose dive and crash and burn. It’s the Jets way.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

To my knowledge, the Bengals didn't have the shit OL talent that the Jets have. They had Andrew Whitworth one of the best LTs in the game, and other decent, at least average starters. At the moment the only starter who is anywhere near being average and worth keeping is Osemele, and that's mostly based on past performance. He hasn't been looking great in this scheme, either.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

I believe that you, having half a brain, may be offended - too bad. That, however, does not mean that fully capable people have a problem with differing viewpoints. What's ridiculous is someone attempting to censor opinions on something as benign as an entertainment forum. Oh, and all the excuses some feel they need to rely on to support their own opinion is also ridiculous.

Keeping 53 guys healthy for an entire season is simply not possible, somebody will always be out; sometimes benchriders and sometimes key players. At least three QBs are out for the season; their fans can whine and make excuses or understand it's part of the game and move on.

And you exhibit your own deficiencies when you fail to recognize that certain words are improper in mature, educated conversation especially among people you don't know.

#413 Ralebird, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

15. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Sure then, the C isn't making the correct calls. This is a new offense for him.

16. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Ugh, no. I don't think it's "extremely unlikely." I think it's extremely unlikely that this offense is designed to let free pass rushers go. We aren't making the correct calls to get people blocked. And no, it's not hard to believe that he's getting it wrong that much, this is a brand new offense for him and the coach specifically said that he's struggling....sooo....maybe you just need to open your mind a bit more?

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

While that is true as well, you need to remember if Dalton was ever running for his life like Siemien was in the past Monday morning. It is one thing to have outmatched battle. It is quite another to LEAVE A POTENT PASS RUSHER FREE.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Woof woof

Acad23 likes this.
  19. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Why does Williams have to go anyway.... defence actually is looking decent even with our top players out and lack of CB's and pass rush.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Ralebird

So, where does the fault lie; with the player or the scheme?