2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The mayor of Floral Park will not be attending!

3. statjeff22

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dont forget to bring you rotten tomatoes and eggs to toss at him,,,,,just sayin

jilozzo likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

someone should ask king cuomo when he breaks ground for the new football stadium...oh wait!!!...LOL

7. statjeff22

The updated schedule for 2019-2020 has come out, and they've moved 7 more games to the Coliseum, including two games against the Rangers. That makes it 28 in Uniondale and 13 in Brooklyn.

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Latest rumor is that Lou is trying to trade a defenseman for scoring help = no shit

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Hockey is back. Isles open at home (Nassau I believe) this Friday 10/4 vs the Caps.

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will say this until I pass out or my fingers break = unless they trade for some scoring we are looking at no better than a rd 2 exit from the playoffs if not worse. Yes I am excited about hockey being back and yes we have the best coach on the planet and yes Gomez is gone but you still need players who can put the puck in the net or the entire year will be a grind with the same exact outcome as last year.

11. statjeff22

My prediction is a drop of 5 to 10 points, with no guarantee that they will even make the playoffs - the team is no different from last year's team other than it is extremely unlikely that they will get the goaltending this year that they got last year.

And the Ho-Sang failure tour continues. Not a single team claimed him on waivers despite an extremely favorable two-way contract ($875K in the NHL, $70K in the minors). Obviously no one anywhere thinks he's any good at this point.

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stat = it is amazing about Ho Sang isn't it ? I cant believe that this is the lineup that we will crawl into and beg with at the trading deadline ! I dont know if I have it in me to watch the grind again game after game and sit here on trade day begging and praying for a trade that never comes

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

BTW No one wanted Hickey either he went unclaimed

Red Menace likes this.
  14. statjeff22

Tavares was named captain of the Maple Leafs. My reaction is complete, utter, indifference.

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t think people realize how the lack of an effective Power Play hurt this team last year.

Man advantage at the NHL level should have allowed them to put away games early and often. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt, the system is no longer a work in progress, most guys should know it by now.

If the islanders can go from bottom third in PP to mid pack or even top 10, they will move on to play for Stanley Cup.

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I love that Gomez is gone and that we have a new coach for the dreadful power play but in the end no matter how you slice it you need to have a finisher or at least have guys on the PP that can bury the puck. IMO we are just hoping that guys take the next step which history has shown me ( too many times to mention ) that is not the way to go,,,,,,,I mean to just hope it or that players get better is not the answer. Again just my opinion

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Isles really aren't that far off from competing for a Cup. The problem is the one move they need to make is to acquire that highly skilled winger for the top 6 (Panarin) but those moves are the most difficult to make. Lou tried to get Panarin but he wanted to be a Ranger. The Isles offered more money than the Rangers so I can't fault Lou on that. But he did get all of our FA's signed for reasonable deals minus Lehner. Basically this is the exact same team that pounded out 48 wins and 103 points last season.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.