New York Jets Q & A (Trivia) For Distraction and Shiggles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetophile, Sep 19, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I would have posted this in the Trivia Forum, but no-one - and I do mean no-one - goes in there anymore! Since the season is already suspect and PF4s old Bunker Thread (miss you dearly, Pam!) is AWOL in the BS Forum, I thought this might be a fun way to get people off the ledge or put the strychnine cocktails - shaken, not stirred - off to the side. @Petrozza or any other moderator, please feel free to move the thread to wherever you see fit.

So I got this old Jets desk calendar for Christmas in 2005 (for 2006, just like the '68 Jets, but according to @championjets69 . . . ) that has a question and then alternates with a Jets fact for every day of the year. I'll start with a fact, because it's too good to be true. With no-one as my witness except me, I randomly opened it and landed on . . .

May 5th, 2006 JETS FACT: Curley Johnson averaged 45.3 yards per punt for the Jets in 1965. The mark still stood as a club record 40 years later. :mad::mad::mad:

^Hahahaha, Curley Johnson, you can't make it up. I flipped through the rest of the calendar here and there and most of the questions are easy and gimmes, but I still thought it would be fun. I'll post a question and someone has to answer (duh). I'll give it three shots and if no-one is correct, I'll post the answer. Don't be a Cheats fan! Translation: no cheating.

As I fully expect to get nothing but crickets in here, I'll be posting answers left and right because no will be be answering at all. Deal? Deal. OK, the first question is:

Who is the Jets' all time leading pass catcher?

EDITED FOR AUTOCORRECT! It's one thing when my kooky brain misfires, but I want justice when it isn't me! Give you all an example. We're getting a stone patio put in our backyard and yesterday I texted the old man, "I think he's bringing the border down the side of Jason's wall instead of an L, Rachel Ashley looks better IMO." 10 minutes later I get, "What?" Me: "GODDAMN IT! WHO THE FCK IS RACHEL ASTLEY?!" Him: "The hooker who banged Eliot Spitzer?" "I SAID which actually looks better IMO. Rachel Astley, fck this phone!" So that's my Autocorrect Story, of which there are many. Oh, and I won't say what autocorrected here because it's too stupid for words.

#1 jetophile, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    kevda5n9ne likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Don Maynard

1. Who hit the most HRs in the 1950's?
    2. Who had the most base hits in the 1950's?
    3. Who got hit in the face the most in the 1950's?

answers - click and drag below

1. Duke Snyder
    2. Ritchie Ashburn
    3. Rock Hudson

3. jetophile

This isn't a sports trivia thread. Jets only, and you're fckn up my game! But yes, the answer is Don Maynard.

JETS Fact: Quarterback Joe Namath is the Jets all-time leader with 27,057 passing yards and 170 scoring tosses from 1965 to 1976.

Who intercepted more passes than any other player in Jets' history?

4. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

I was born in the late 80's and became a fan in the 90's so I don't know any BIG name Jets that played in the secondary before then.

But I'll take a shot... Revis. I think when he had that pick in week 17 a few years back a stat popped up saying he passed Aaron Glenn and Victor Green on the Jets all time INT list.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I was gonna say Glenn. Guess one of us should be right

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  6. jetophile

Good guess and the second part may be correct but next man up. Some of the stats may no longer be correct as of 2006 but sadly - or greatly - I think almost all of them still hold up. And it was a different game in a different time. For instance, Tom Cheat would've folded in half like a piece of cheap lawn furniture and maybe lasted a couple of years in the league if you turn back the clock by only 30 years. I'm all for player safety but what a faggot.

7. jetophile

Another good guess, but way before your time. Hint: he was on the championjets68, not the championjets69. :mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: Oh, hah, and I just figured out why champ sometimes goes :mad::mad::confused: or :mad::confused::mad: - it's because they're right next to each other.

#7 jetophile, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . Bill Baird
    [​IMG]

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You’re correct - I would of guessed Victor Green...

Keep em coming jetophile....

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  10. jetophile

Bill Baird is the answer.

JETS fact: Wide receiver Don Maynard scored touchdowns on 10 of his 57 receptions during the Jets' Super Bowl winning season of 1968. Hear that champ? '68. :mad::mad::mad:

What player holds the Jets' career record with an average of 43.1 yards per punt?

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think it was Tom Tupa BUT I think the current punter Edwards may have a higher average ....

12. jetophile

Tom Tupa it is, but not sure about the current state of affairs. Right now I'm like Fatcesa rattling off a bunch of shit acting like Mr. Big Shot because I have the answers right in front of me, haha. I'm not a stat hound in the least but to be fair I do know quite a few of them.

I should start a thread about Jets pain. I'd ace that with my eyes closed and one arm tied behind my back.

JETS fact: Walt Michaels, who coached the club from 1977 - 1982, was a linebacker on the first team called the Jets in 1963. 1963 was the year my Daddy became a season ticket holder. Fck you, Woody Johnson.

Who is the Jets all-time leading scorer?

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's easy.

Joe Namath!

Chappy13 likes this.
  14. jetophile

Next man up.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jim Turner

16. jetophile

Next man up.

17. matt robinson 17

Sorry but I don't recognize Pat Leahy, I hated him his 1st 10 years, so for me it's Jim Turner

mrjet80 likes this.
  18. matt robinson 17

Who had the most fair catches in one game for the Jets?

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

gotta be Jeremy Kerley

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If it was fair catches inside the 10 yard line while back peddling then sure, I would say you are 100% right

matt robinson 17 likes this.