Why adams was really benched (from adams himself)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 17, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Mods can you move or remove this if you want. I put it in the thread but since people aren't reading it and I've seen like 10 different and wrong explanations of why he was benched I thought it's own topic was warranted

So TLDR version (as per adams) he tried to guess a play and jump it and guessed wrong. GW wasn't happy he didn't follow his assignment and benched him for 5 plays only. not as big of a deal as people are making it to be.

full version

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

No, Adams doesn't realize that it was Gase who benched him because Gase is a megalomaniac, that Gase is going to trade him because Gase is really the GM, that there is a mutiny going on in the team and he's right in the middle of it. Because a few clueless fans on a message board obviously know far more about what is going on than the players on the team do.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If he was benched for not doing his job, that’s a good thing.

Bellicheat preaches to his guys all the time, “do your job”

The scheme doesn’t work if your not where you are supposed to be, hopefully he learned his lesson and grows from this.

4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

The question is, though, has he learned a lesson from this?

He's just been told that it can't happen. I wonder if it's sunk in.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh how weird, benching a player for not following an assignment. Holding a guy accountable.

Interesting.

But fuck Gase. Benching our only guy who gives a damn!! :rolleyes:

dmw likes this.
  6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I think it was a good move. It’s not like him being in would’ve made that much of a difference.

Hopefully, he learned from it and won’t do something like that in a game that really matters.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

If this was a close game, I could almost guarantee you Gase would not have benched him.

A blowout loss with a guy blowing his assignment and potentially getting another dumb penalty, I agree with the benching

dmw and FJF like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn’t the real reason he was benched have to come from the bencher and not the benchee?

CBG, NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

gase didn't bench him. adams is frustrated with losing but isn't asking for a trade. calm down. the sky isn't falling

10. GasedAndConfused

not really. nobody benches adams without telling him why. could GW have lied to him? sure but i don't see adams lying to the media about what GW told him or making shit up. in this case i wouldn't' bother with the bencher because most coaches won't publicly say shit like that

11. statjeff22

Did you actually read my post, particularly the last line? I think the sarcasm was pretty obvious, but I guess not.

12. GasedAndConfused

shit my bad lol. sarcasm doesn't always translate well on a forum

13. statjeff22

Very true!

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No, really. What Adams said is his take in the situation but until we hear from the horses mouth it’s not “why Adams was really benched”
    Now gase has since come out and said he doesn’t view it as a benching, he wanted to calm Adams down after 2 consecutive penalties . What needs to happen now is gase and Adams hash this out and it never be spoken of again by either party

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

pretty much but the media will always harp on anything they think they can get a story on. like the non exist adams un-following the jets even though he never followed them in the 1st place. Still coaches always give BS PC answers to the media. I trust adams way more on this and gase didn't bench him, GW did. so i trust what adams said GW told him over the answer gase gave to reporters

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Here's Gase's full quote:

"I thought he was getting fired up pretty good, and I clicked over [to the defensive coaches] and I was like, 'Hey, we need to be careful here,'" Gase said, per ESPN. "I was worried that something bad was going to happen, we need him for the next week. They were smart and they pulled him off. I said, 'Just calm him down,' and then we were off the field.

"To me, I didn't look at that as benching," Gase continued. "That was more like, 'Hey, let's just calm him down.' There was no hidden meaning behind it. That was my gut reaction."

Poor communication, fire Gase:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Did I do that right?:p

17. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

And Jamal just got fined $21k for that “roughing the passer” on Baker. So I expect him to be head hunting the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Everyone knew that was a Bullshit call as it was. I'm shocked he got a $21k fine over that.

19. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

NFL had to. The refs pick winners and losers every week with pass interference, roughing the passer, and holding calls. They picked the bears last week. Same with this garbage. This is just the nfl making sure all the players stay in line and don’t start talking about how fixed it really is. All you have to do is watch the holding or lack of holding calls. Pats have all pro lineman every year that go to another team and suck. Did they just get bad or did they start getting called for holding?

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Some of those PI and defensive holding calls last game were abysmal as well. Killed us on plenty of long down and distances. Then I realized Cleveland still plays 5 more primetime games so an 0-2 start would kill them for TV Ratings.