Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100% on this scenario (same thing vs Buffalo week 1 before the 2:00 warning). If they knew they were going for it on 4th down there is no reason to have your 3rd string QB throw it on 3rd. I was okay with them throwing it on 4th, but the 3rd down call is the one that gets me pissed and has me start questioning Gase.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As bad as things have gotten...there's chatter that Adam Gase & Greg Williams are not getting along.

Like not even talking to each other.

I feared this might happen with these two maniacs.

Again...it's only talk...but if it's true, there may be a Showdown at Florham Park.

[​IMG]

3. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

The only good thing that can come of this miserable 2019 season is for Johnson to have justification to dump these two loser coaches. Especially Williams! He's a miserable, surly ego-maniac. This "Bounty Gate" sicko loser can destroy this team all by himself. Please Woody, dump these two idiots. Admit you made a huge mistake and move the hell on! With these guys running the show, my mind is taken back to the Kotite era. Please, Football Gods....NOT AGAIN!!!

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Eh thread. I give it 4/10
    Probably wouldn’t open again.

5. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

yep, firing coaches after one year is a great precedent for this org.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're too generous, I'd give it 0/16.

7. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Get off the message board.

SOJAZ and Sam Hammer like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Where are you reading this?

10. Falco21

And another one

Lmao

94Abraham likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I heard it at work.

Like I said...it's just chatter...and I hope it's not true.

12. Falco21

Your 66th post was a pile of steaming shit.

Always remember that

13. Falco21

And the proper follow up.....

Where do you work?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification and correction. I wished you had done it earlier! LOL I wouldn't have worried so much about him! I had read an article that stated that he had only played a full season once. When I went to his nfl.com profile it verified that. It doesn't state whether games are missed for suspension, injury or why they were missed, since I don't follow the Steelers or hadn't followed Bell, I didn't know that he had been suspended or sat out a game to rest for the playoffs. A logical conclusion was that he missed those games due to injury. I'm glad that I was mistaken.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'll pm you.

16. Falco21

Not a good thing, if true.

I really like Williams and what he's done for this defense so far. Would suck for him and Gase to clash.

I'd be hard pressed to point blame either way as both individuals have a history of clashing with others

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I think it is in this case. This team is performing noticeably worse on both sides of the ball, and it's obviously not a case of just getting used to a new system. This is flat out incompetence. The hiring of Gase in the first place was a major "what the fuck??" decision by a GM who has made nothing but "what the fuck??" decisions.

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

LMAO i did it like 8 times to various people around here in the offseason before and after we signed him but yeah i get what u mean. I mean it's technically true he's only played a full season once but all the games missed had good reasons for and made sense and weren't due to injury (except 1 year 4 years ago)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well that was fast..Where were the Dump Bowles Posts when we really needed them lol??

With an 0-3 start by next weekend I think the frustration and hate from fans will be off the scale hehe

Personally , once the Jets are Healthy again on all fronts I want to compare and contrast the the future progress of the two biggest loser Organizations who underwent major overhaul >>>Jets vs Brown with slight gimme to Jets since the Browns hired their GM way before the Macdoofus canning

#319 NYJetsO12, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    SOJAZ and JeTsInTexas like this.
  20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The fourth down play was a pass to Bell. Now granted, (IMHO) it was thrown later than it should have been and probably Bell wasn't the first option, but he wasn't ignored. However, when Bell gets the ball on a handoff doesn't he have to make a play behind the line of scrimmage - especially with our less the superior OL? Theoretically, he has less people to make miss with a swing pass. If the Jets had rushed Bell twice and failed there would have been a hell of a lot of people here complaining about a lack of creativity.

You can fault Gase for the lack of a timeout after the Brown's third down toward the end of the first half (with ~1:40 left). Frankly, it doesn't make sense to not call a timeout there and then call passing plays when you get the ball back with ~1:00 minute left. The only logical explanation is that you are trying to score, but you are so afraid of failure that you want to leave as little time as possible if you fail. If that's the thought process it certainly backfired.

You can also take him to task for having too many plays leaving Beachem 1 on 1 with Garrett or deciding not to block Garrett. Additionally, I thought that he should have tried for the PI on the play to Robby in the endzone on the third and two in the third quarter.

I agree with those that are willing to blame Gase for issues that we see. However, the woe is me attitude, Gase is the worst HC ever, fire his ass now, I have never felt worse as a Jet fan in 20 years, etc. thoughts (even from those I typically agree with) is really amazing.

Gase is responsible for the last two games - period. Because the Jets have sucked for a while doesn't mean that he should be treated differently than other head coaches.

#320 johnny, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.