Looking at the bright side of things - Sams missed time

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 17, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

We all knew that the 1st half of our schedule was pretty brutal. Most fans here expected maybe 2 or 3 wins tops out of the 1st 7 games. our 2nd half of the schedule is much easier. in the 1st 7 games we have the pats twice, the browns who were hyped like crazy, the eagles, cowboys, and jags. The only "easy" game we had was the bills which we fucked up in typical jets fashion with sam anyway. We also complained about the early "bye" week. Now that bye week is going to save sam a missed game. he also avoids the inevitable pats beat down coming this weekend and could be back as soon as week 4 (our 4th game) against the eagles who's secondary has been getting torched. on top of that last time sam missed a month, he came out playing lights out. It also gives the o-line some more time to gel and communicate better which they haven't done the 1st 2 weeks. 8 out of our last 9 games are pretty winnable with the 1 exception being the ravens. outside of them we get miami twice and the giants once which are the 2 worst teams in the NFL. we get the bills week 17 as well who are pretty bad and if darnold didn't have mono we would have won. right now 8 of the last 9 games we play are 3-13 not including the ravens (and that includes the bills at 2-0 courtesy of the giants and mono). if we can squeak out 2 or 3 wins still in the 1st 7 games we still have a good shot at playoffs. the AFC is pretty weak right now as well. there are the pats, ravens, and chiefs. outside of them not many good teams. 8-9 wins can be a wild card spot this year. The season is far form over and with or w/o sam we aren't going to beat the pats this sunday anyway and he could be back for the game after that. So relax the sky isn't falling yet. 0-3 isn't the end of the world. lets not start the fire gase nonsense.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Bright side is that Darnold isn't getting murdered behind this OL every week. Maybe by the time he gets back they'll be slightly better after having played together a bit.

3. GasedAndConfused

that was one of the points i said in the OP :)

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I liked the OP, not because I expect any of it to come true, but for the cojones (or delusions) it takes to be optimistic right now.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sure i am grasping at the straw but i liked what i saw in falk. little things......

lets see how the pats carve him up. wouldn't it be something if this guy performs better and better while darnold is out.

yeah the jets are that lucky. LOL

NY Jets68, Mogriffjr and stinkyB like this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Falk is a legitimate game managing QB. He will be an excellent backup for years to come.

I know we aren’t beating NE but I hope this kid comes out of the game with his head up high.

NYJFOREVER, chandler and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd settle for the kid coming out of the game with his head still attached period.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The two games i thought we would win we lost....We are gonna get destroyed this year im predicting 2-14 Gase fired after one year..

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im hoping atleast Mosley and Q Williams will be back atleast...

GQMartin likes this.
  10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

:D:D
    LOL!

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

you beat me to it

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That was LOL! worthy.

13. Cman68

Yeah it was! LOL!!

14. Cman68

Dude, we were 4-12 last year so those teams you're looking at easily are at least as bad as we are. Those last 9 games might be death matches all...

#15 Cman68, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Most likely looking at an 0-6 start. I thought if things went the Jets way maybe they compete for a WC. Now forget it. I say 4-5 wins at best. The Bills are better than people think. It wouldn't surprise me if they win 9 or 10 games and they have a great shot to sweep the Jets this season with the rematch in OP.

tomdeb likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We also may have the opportunity to spoil their season. That would be...something.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

For sure. I'm more along the lines of 6-7 wins which means we would play about .500 ball when Sam returns. Biggest thing this entire year was watching 14 and hoping he develops and takes the next step. That is still on table even if we go 0-6 to start the season.

18. GasedAndConfused

I thought we'd beat the bills but didn't think we would beat the browns. I still can't see 2-14. we play miami twice, the giants once, the bills one more time. we should win at least 4. our 2nd half schedule is really easy. realisitically I think we win like 6-7 games but i'm hopeful for 9 which may be enough for the playoffs. it's too early to throw in the towel

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

this change year to year. miami is a way worse team this year then they were last year. fitzpatrick is horrible, tannehill was better as was oswieler. tunsil is gone, minkah is gone. they are much worse then we are. same with the giants who are now swicthing to a rookie QB but it won't help their defense. they get 0 pressure and can't cover anyone. sam is going to have a field day against them