A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Positivity: the O-Line improved the backup QB position by letting Simeon get squished.

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

we won't lose next week

NYJetsO12, Mr mittens and PabloJa like this.
  3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

So thinking positively, the best thing that can happen is that we suck so bad that Chris Johnson can’t find any excuses to not fire Gase, let’s Douglas hire his own HC and we end up drafting the best pass rusher since Myles Garrett.

Here’s a taste of this beast

NCJetsfan and Mr mittens like this.
  4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I see what you did there

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I haven’t laughed that hard in quite some time

The Dark Knight and Jets69 like this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This whole board shuts down for a week now, right?

8. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

No...unless you want to start a positive bye thread?

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not sure what is so funny. All of those points still hold up despite the (0-3) start. Can't help injuries or unfortunate illnesses like Sam with mono. That's life.

FJF likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Your OP had five points plus two "bonus" thoughts; let's revisit them to see how well they "still hold up":

1. Sam Darnold is going to be a great QB. Mac may have made many mistakes, but I think he got this team the franchise QB it has needed for years. His press conference yesterday gave me even more confidence in him. I expect a huge jump in Year 2.

Too soon to tell.

2. The new uniforms look awesome! I love the home Green jerseys. Really remind me of the 80's jerseys they wore when I was a kid. The White road jerseys look really cool and I am surprised how much I like the alternate Black ones too! The helmet keeps growing on me.

This will always be a matter of opinion, not a universal truth. I think they're worse than what was here. The color of the helmet is okay but the logo is awful. The black spoke for itself a week ago, just as he team did. The Jets colors are green and white. Just green and white.

3. The additions of Mosley, Bell, and Crowder will be big for the Jets. They cost a lot of money in Free Agency, but I think all of them will make big impacts.

Too soon to tell.

4. The timing was odd, but it was the right move firing Mike Maccagnan. He did some good things, but clearly there is something off with him and more to the story than we know. His drafts have been weak besides Round 1, and clearly did not see eye to eye with Gase. One thing most fans have agreed with is the GM position can be upgraded. Now the Jets are doing it!

I'll go along with most of tis. It's beginning to look like not seeing eye to eye with Gase was a rare asset rather than the problem you see it as.

5. I am liking what I am seeing from Adam Gase. Clearly a HUGE upgrade over Todd Bowles. I love how he handled the media yesterday. It gave me a lot more confidence in him. He needs to translate that to the field, but I think he will. One of the rumors was his players did not like him in Miami, but it seems like all the Jets are liking him so far, including Bell. You can definitely see how intelligent Gase is.

"Shirley, you can't be serious."

Bonus thought one - I think the 2019 schedule is pretty manageable. If the Jets can get off to a good start, there is no reason they can't make a playoff push.

Not for this team and staff. They didn't.

Bonus thought two - I am really liking Quinnen Williams already. I don't think we realize how great he is going to be for the Jets.

You may be onto something but it's too soon to tell.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Ralebird

The bye itself is positive, until somebody gets hurt.

12. Would rather have one of the WRs.Shaping up to be a historic class of pass catchers. OL is deep but looks like itll be more of a day 2 thing..which is truthfully good news.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm all for this as long as the OL is addressed before day 3. Still not sure if Edoga is one of our OT's going forward.

If we can land Jeudy in round 1, an OT in round 2, a C in round 3, I'd be ecstatic as long as neither of the latter 2 were reaches.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. 100% agree.

Im optimistic about Edoga.Loved him coming out & he understands what Sam needs from a blocking perspective. He made good strides in preseason.Hes a guy w massive upside who likely needs to play through some mistakes to get where he needs to be.

He has the raw talent to handle Left Tackle but i question if he reaches that level & might just be a better fit at RT or interior.last thing we need is another Adrian Jones fiasco.

Jerry Jeudy would be a grand slam for this team.I think there are sleepers at both OT & Center who will be available on day 2 who Joe Douglas will like.

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Jets released David Fales, so they must be planning on a Darnold week 5 return.

Hopefully we get Mosley and Q Williams back also.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holee fuck, Adrian Jones. Why would you even remember that stiff?

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

great read on our D

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hate Ohio St., but he looks like a terror for opposing QBs. I think I'd be very happy getting him in round 1. As much as I want a great LT and would like a true #1 WR, I've been wanting (lobbying for) an elite edge rusher for over 10 years. An elite edge rusher can make game-changing and momentum-changing plays. He can take over a game, more so than a WR can. As long as our #1 pick isn't a DL, TE, P, K, ILB, RB or CB, I think I would be equally happy with an LT, edge rusher or WR, as long as we add some OL and CB help in FA and our #2 pick is used on an LT and our #3 on a C.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

PabloJa likes this.