Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A dozen or so things that Gase should not be blamed for. Can you come up with one thing that he should be praised for, one reason to justify his hiring?

BacktoQueens, Acad23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

See message above. Offense ignored 6 years. Offensive line included

dmw and FJF like this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Falco 21 all valid points and why we are at this point. Ralebird agree. Gase is up against it but in his last two games or even 5 what has he done to prove he is a good coach? What praise does he deserve? The Johnson's again made a bad hire. We'll pay for it as another unwatchable season will play out. Gase is going to be the scapegoat of a bad team. If he wants the fans to buy back in show creativtity next week. Falk looked decent. He's going up against a tough New England defense. Might be hard to ask him to look good up there but show something to the fans to buy in. And no the wildcat is not creative.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

The corner he picked off the scrap heat got Macs 72 million dollar corner benched

5. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I have to add that the johnsons have pretty much doomed darnold with the gase hiring. He's either worst case going to get him injured and gun shy, or waste 3 years of his development.

Seriously not sure I care about this team anymore. They could close shop tomorrow and I think I'd be perfectly fine watching any and all other teams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Guess who's trending on Twitter?

deef, JeTsInTexas and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Only thing worse than the Jets? This board. This wasn't Gase' fault, ridiculous to say it was. We played a turnover free game except for LeVeon and started to move the ball--even without our most important players out there.

Gase has been here for a few month and inherited a roster that still has many holes. Those holes get exposed when you don't have a talented quarterback to make everyone look better. If being an "offensive guru" or "scheming something up" worked regardless of the players you had on the field, NFL teams wouldn't pay for good players, only the best coaches. At the end of the day, the product on the field reflects the talent on the field.

Defense played great, would've won that game if we had Darnold I truly believe that. I think for a 3rd string Faulk looked decent, just have to find a gameplan that works to his strengths. Gase had 6 days to surprisingly call a gameplan for Trevor, and then boom, Trevors not even in the game and y'all are complaining. Embarrassing for y'all.

On to next week.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You're deflecting. Did I say he was the only one that played like a complete turd last night?

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Adam Gase is certainly not the only reason this season has gone to shit.....once again. Lady luck has played a pretty big part, and years of neglecting the offensive line has come home to roost with a vengeance. On the other hand, Gase really has not done anything, at least that I have seen, to even TRY and offset the very apparent weaknesses in his team either....and that is his job. We are only 2 games in, but the team, offensively, has not looked well prepared in either of them. Obvious corrections and adjustments have not been made, either in game planning or in real time....again, his job. So I think it is entirely fair to throw some negativity his way.

Give this exact same team to Belichick, injuries and all, and I'd bet my house they'd be 2-0.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG..Only the Jets ! LMAO

I want to believe Falco, whose seen the HC up close and personal in Miami ,and support Gase but the evidence is not there ..yet

Warrior, MD and other critics make valid points however as he could have coached us to less of a laughable debacle on Nat TV

Praise for Gase? It isn't really there yet and of course he has very limited resources/ personnel ..historically he was able to beat NE twice with a poor Miami squad...all things being equal and with all the Jet injuries right now he has his old Miami level of talent ...let's see if he can work another miracle next weekend ..(sigh...)

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not blaming Gase for the mess they are in. I am however blaming him for his offense looking pathetic for his first two games.

If you told me due to the circumstances his offense is not firing on all cylinders ok that’s one thing but his offense is not firing on a single cylinder. If getting a first down meant going backwards 10 yds we would’ve broke the record for first downs last night.

I’m not giving up on him yet but after two games he not only doesn’t look like an offensive genius he looks like an incompetent fool. He’ll ultimately be judged on when Darnold comes back and how he & the team finish the season.

My one hope is the last 5 or so Jets HCs have started strong and turned to shit, maybe this is the opposite.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Was there even a game plan? It wasn't as if the Browns game plan was brilliant in return, they just took advantage of 11 cardboard cutouts from a Jets event. It's no wonder I ignore those emails from the shill FO, but see? Those PSLs really aren't useless garbage after all!

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s the next morning and I still can’t believe on third and fourth down needing to gain only 2 yards, we didn’t hand it off to our star running back at all. I’m sure that’s just because of the roster make up and the mess Gase inherited.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Did the same exact thing in the Buffalo game too......

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Was freaking out when that happened. Did it before the 2 minute warning against Buffalo as well. Can't believe that he thought letting your third string QB throw it on 3rd and 4th down was a good idea. The game changed there, if we give the ball to Bell we most likely score 7.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Or every 2nd down throwing it. Make it managable. Run the ball. 3rd and 5 and less better chance. 2nd and 6 throw. Holding sack it was bad.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

The day we hired him one of my old diehard Dolphins fan friends who I hadn’t talked to in years texted me “I’m sorry“ and that was it. After we got to talking one of the things he brought up multiple times was the fact that he has no idea how to handle short yardage situations and in long yardage situations he’ll call a play either behind the line of scrimmage or a few yards in front of it. It’s almost like he stinks and a Hall of Fame quarterback changed his place at the line and made him look like a “genius”.

18. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there Jeremy bates is on a nature hike laughing his ass off

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

With all the injuries I don't think it is fair to point blame at the HC. But, I will say his decision to pass on 2nd down of the last series was beyond idiotic. You could run the ball twice and then the half ends on the punt. You gain nothing there by throwing and completing the ball. We have no chance of scoring if we complete that pass. This gave Cleveland a free 3 points and turned a 10 point game into a 13 point game. Fast forward to the 2nd half if we were only down 10 we could have kicked a FG on 4th down making it a 1 score game. That was a brutally idiotic decision by Gase.

Bur this game is not a fireable offense. What we should look for is does he lose the team as the losses mount? Does Gase continue to attack players publicly? Does Gase continue to lie and rewrite history to avoid blame like he did last week when he implied he wanted to resign Meyers when he was against resigning him in the spring,? Will Gase lose the trust of team leaders due to his dishonesty as Orlovsky speculated a month ago? How Gase handles this coming losing streak and this team will determine if he gets fired. Despite all the team flaws the Jets played very hard with a lot of emotion yesterday. The defense was really hitting. My concern is that the team does not implode as the losses mount. Gase will have to learn and be better. Hopefully Douglas' reputation as a mediator and calming influence will help keep Gase from his worst impulses and acting out to the detriment of the team.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

With as terrible as the Gase is, Bates is probably saying “you know what I like this guy“.

TonyFtLaud and dmarz45 like this.