Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its not just that thk dude...normally i we agree. Its just the fact that this coach isnt putting this team in a good position. Like for example, pressure all night and no help against Garrett?????? Or what about some quick passess to get the new qb comfortable and back off the nose a bit??? Its just little things like that.

I get we are undermanned, id be willing to take that on the nose, but the coaching has ben less then spectacular.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And NO ONE came into this season thinking our starting QB would be out for 4-6 weeks with mono.

But again, facts be damned

phubbadaman and Cman68 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, Gase has certainly earned his mulligan for 2019 thanks to a painfully thin roster left to him by Macc and the extreme run of really bad fortune. One test will be how the team finishes this season after an 0-6 start.

Acad23, dmw, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This team was put together by Mac. Douglas and Gase have very few fingerprints on it. My leash is getting shorter with Gase, but I'm not ready to call it quits and can him already. When Sam comes back and the stretch of games from Jax (if thats when he returns) to the end of the season is when we can fully evaluate Gase. These next 5 weeks mean nothing to me. I don't need to evaluate Gase with Luke Falk at QB. He was brought here for one purpose - develop Sam. That is when I'm evaluating him the hardest.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Okay MacCagnan was a rogue employee drafting & signing guys that poor Adam Gase didn't want. Somehow the Johnsons signature got on those paychecks.

MacCagnan is long gone. He lost his job. He's not here to kick around anymore.

The people here now are responsible for this disaster.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  6. Falco21

Falk ended the night 20 for 25 with 198 yards and no turnovers.

Bell ended with 129 yards from scrimmage.

What more did you want Gase to do with Falk at QB and a makeshift offensive line?

Part of a Qb's job is to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Audible. That wasn't occurring last night. Why? Because it was a third string QB who should have NEVER been there in the first place

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Get them all outta here if they don't get this thing turned around.

Go get McCarthy.

8. Falco21

So ignore the position Gase was put in by others, and balme Gase because he was hired and given this roster.

I'm telling you, the ignoring of facts to support a claim is off the charts on this board

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

"Offensive genius" my ass.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's bullshit and you know it. It's his job as a coach to craft a gameplan to what his guys can do and he hasnt shown that he can do that. If your line can't block, then you don't have a 3rd string qb go into 5 and 7 step drops repeatedly. Any way you slice it, you cant defend that.

11. Falco21

You can go through the game and find issues with coaching. No one is denying that he made mistakes.

Blaming him for the current situation and blaming him solely for the loss, is ridiculous.

My point is, Adam Gase is not the problem. This roster and injuries are the problem.

dmw and phubbadaman like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im blaming him for that disaster he put together 2 games in a row, not the roster. Both were very winnable games and he gave this team almost no chance with his coaching.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yup, this. And the worst part is his philosophy will never change. It worked with a Hall of Fame quarterback having a career year and a star receiver who was in his prime. Then he goes and tries to replicate the same thing with Jay Cutler, Ryan Tannehill and Sam Darnold, All of them with pretty shitty weapons around them with a few exceptions. I mean Jesus Christ, Demaryius Thomas is 31 coming off major surgery and was already questionable with a hamstring… And he’s throwing passes to him behind the line of scrimmage and expecting him to make a play as if they are back in the Super Bowl playing the Panthers.

And that’s just on his play calling. He’s just not good at this unless he has Peyton Manning. We’ve had so many years to accept this year instead of accepting it, we completely ignore it and put the future of our franchise in his hands.

14. Falco21

A winnable game with a third string QB who came in mid game?

Come on man. We both know this game wasn't winnable with Folk

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was more winnable with him then trevor. You have offensive pieces. Run on first down 3 to 4 drives in a row isn't getting it done.

16. FACT.Another lost season 50 years w no championship.Completely idiotic front office management the fans have seen through for YEARS.

Im tired of being told not be upset & be patient. This is deplorable & any owner who cares about his fans/winning doesnt allow this to happen CHRONICALLY. These morons dont deserve excuses.All they understand is the cold hard truth

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Falco21

We disagree this time.

I'm sorry but I just do not agree with blaming Gase for the current situation we are in. The pieces he is dealing with is a joke. He's trying to make silver out of horseshit.

18. Falco21

Oh I agree. Completely.

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I def questioned Gase play calling early. Good OC make adjustments as game goes on. No I wasn’t expecting a win but I wasn’t expecting 45 total yards at half time and what 56 yards into mid 3rd quarter?

Sure we have to give Gase a chance but we’ll see if the players play for him if things start to get bad or tougher as the season gets on...I am hopeful they starts turning around and play effectively regardless of the win or not.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I have an honest reply. He left Garrett unblocked and waited several series to feed bell. He knew all of those things and ignored it. Bell is the best player on the field. It should have been a run/screen/draw heavy plan.

It's that simple. Would the result be better? Who knows. At least he would have attempted to neutralize all the things you listed that are wrong with the offense and nobody could fault him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk