Antonio Brown (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LF911SC, Sep 5, 2019.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Maybe they can go 18-1* again this season ;)

Woodhead and Acad23 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over Antonio Brown

The real problem is Brady

If Q Williams and the rest of a Pass Rush do their job TB could be harried or on his back. Who can he throw to then?

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The cheats are as arrogant, unscrupulous, and low class as Brown himself.
    It’s a perfect pre arranged marriage.

I hope karma bites with sharp teeth!

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Have always loved your user name. What section of Queens are you from? I was born and raised in South Ozone Park everytime I see your user name makes me miss my childhood and want to go BACK TO QUEENS in 2020 next year me my wife and daughter are moving back and from there I'll visit my family in Florida 3-4x per year but I miss Queens a lot

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

If you are right about Harry this will make the Patriots pretty scary. When the season started many Pat fans were concerned about their depth at WR and Tight Ends. Everything is looking rosy right now, but the NFL season is a long season and a lot can happen.

Woodhead likes this.
  6. Patriot

I am not saying they don't draft well, but the receiver position has had quite a few busts in the draft. Some examples over the years are:
    Josh Boyce, Braxton Berrios, Bethel Johnson, Jeremy Ebert, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Devin Lucien, Malcolm Mitchell, Taylor Price

The Steelers, on the other hand, have done very well over the years drafting wide receivers.

I hope you are right about Harry.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize you're complaining about WR who were mostly drafted in the back half of the draft. I know a little about Malcolm Mitchell because I'm a Cardinals season ticket holder. The Pats traded a terrific player, Chandler Jones for a bust OT and a 2nd round pick because they didn't want to pay Jones the next year. The traded the 2 for a 3 and a 4. The drafted Joe Thuney who has started every game since he was drafted at LG with the 3rd and Mitchell with the 4th. What you may not remember about Mitchell is he caught 6 passes in the comeback over Atlanta to win the SB. He was subsequently injured in TC the following year and retired due to injury. I would hardly call a player picked in the 4th round who had a great game in a 6 point SB win and forced to retire due to injury a bust.

Chandler Jones has been a steel for the Cardinals but the fact is the trade worked for the Pats because they know how to work the draft develop players and put them in position to help the team win championships. You've been served the best steak in the world for so long you're complaining about the garnish being a little wilted.

8. Patriot

I am willing to concede your point on Mitchell, but some of the players like Dobson were a higher draft choice. Again I am not suggesting Belichick is bad at drafting, but WR has not been always a good selection for him. Many of his WR selections were 2nd round choices, so not drafting in the 1st round probably didn't help. Many of the Patriots wide receivers over the years have come from other teams or free agency.

The thing I notice about Belichick is when he makes a mistake on a player, he realizes it quickly and moves on to another player.

9. Patriot

I have waited sometime before presenting an opinion on the Patriots signing of Antonio Brown. I have done this so as to avoid any emotional outburst. It looks like my patience is not going to work!

I have concluded it is a shitty signing, especially if AB is successful with the Patriots.

Yes even I, a dreaded Pats fan does have some morals! My hope is he is a total bust and we can all agree on what a dumb move by the Pats and they should have known better. If on the other hand he starts playing lights out, a moral nightmare for me, my allegiance for the Pats will take a significant hit. I will be rooting for a team with a player I despise. So my hope is he acts up and gets cut by the Pats.

What I don't understand is why he simply couldn't tell the Raiders he didn't want to play for them before the trade was executed. This assumes the Raiders got permission to talk to AB from the Steelers.

The fact that Brady is kissing up to this guy is simply disgusting. I wonder how the rest of the receivers and the team really feels about having this scum bag on the team. Here is a guy who couldn't run the correct routes for a much simpler Steeler offense. The Patriot's offense is more complex and with the incentive-based contract he signed, I expect him to start crying that he isn't getting the ball enough.

By signing this guy, Belichick is basically saying he has no respect for Gruden or Mayock. I would think in various coaching circles and front offices it is not being well received. Is the NFL going to be like the NBA where primadonna athletes like AB will be calling the shots? If so, the NFL has really become a game for pussies.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Why should BB have any respect for Gruden? Gruden got a 10 year 100 million dollar contract with the Raiders. Maybe BB has a little ego? Maybe he wants to prove that he can make AB a productive player where Gruden failed? BB probably relishes pissing on Gruden and Mayock. BB is probably just as much of an asshole in real life as he pretends to be in his job as HC.

Here's another piece of news. BB and Brady don't give a shit how the other players feel. They will comply to the Patriot way or be gone. No different than when Parcells and BB blew Lawrence Taylor when he was doing blow right in front of them and having sex with minors. LT was like Brady for BB and Parcells. He was the straw that stirred the drink.

BB has always looked the other way when it came to the kind of talent that made a difference between winning and losing.

Patriot likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Rapetonio Brown.

Probably learned from the best.

12. Patriot

By the way, sorry for the dumb question, can you explain Biggs? Are you referring to Riley Biggs? If so, this is old school.

You make a compelling argument, so much so, it has taken me a while to absorb it, and decide how to respond. Ok perhaps that I am getting old and dotage is setting in doesn't help. So if you allow me to play the devil's advocate for a moment, what about this?

Your point that it is a cruel world out there and BB is an asshole that will try to take advantage of any situation I will not try to dispute. Several former Patriots have told me he can be a real pain in the ass to play for. However, there is a side of him that does come across honorable when it comes to the military. For example, Joe Cardona who is the Patriot's long snapper is also still enlisted in the Navy. BB has made many concessions to allow him to play football and serve the Navy. The fact Cardona was drafted so high as a long snapper may illustrate his soft side for the military.

The fact that you seem to lump both Parcells and BB together in terms of being an asshole is impressive for a Jets fan. Most Jets fan will praise Parcells and condemn BB.

Both are exactly the same in that they will not tell the media anything and they both treat the media like crap. The difference is Parcells will entertain them with some quotes while BB will simply say I am not commenting on this.

They say that when judging history it is important to not use today's standards. I also think when judging people it is important to keep an open mind and try to understand their situation.

Even when I was very young, I was always attracted to 35-year-old women and oddly enough I still am. So it would be difficult for me to understand why LT would be into having sex with minors. However, given the lifestyle of entertainers and famous people I could see why it happens. How many Rock Stars and celebrities have taken advantage of so-called groupies who were minors? Lynyrd Skynyrd's song "What's your name little girl" not only illustrates this but celebrates this. Mr. Biggs can you honestly say given the temptations you may not sin your self? I would like to think I could refrain myself, but then again I have not been tested. I am not saying it is right, but if I were propositioned continuously by pretty young things, I am not sure if I could stay true.

As to the drug use by LT, many years ago I would have felt very strongly against it. But when you realize the pain and agony football players go through, it is no surprise to me many of them are addicted to drugs. For example, the great Broadway Joe himself self-medicated himself also to deal with the pains of the NFL. When I try to bring up drugs and playing with pain in the NFL, many of the ex NFL players feel very uncomfortable talking about it. I took this issue up with Steve DeOssie on the radio when he was condemning Josh Gordon's drug use. When I reminded him of his past issues with drugs and alcohol he seemed to change his tune. Then I asked him during his playing career in the NFL how many times had he been given pain killers. He joked that it was so many he couldn't remember. He stated that on plane trips after a game, trainers would pass out pills to the players and he had no idea what he was being given. Then I asked the most obvious question to him. If you are on the NFL's hit list for drug use with failed drug testing, can you still receive pain killers from the team? The answer is an obvious no. So as long as you pass the drug test for having only drugs prescribed by your team, you are good to go? What could go wrong?

In conclusion, LT was sort of a scum bag for snorting coke and having sex with minors. This behavior is definitely wrong. But are you willing to admit that this type of thing also happens because of the environment celebrities exist in that you and I will probably never understand 100 percent?

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I lived in NYC in the late 70's and 80's. I hung out with top doctors, models and athlete's who had their faces in Coke and 18 year old Ford models. I totally get it. You get caught up in things and you either figure out you're on a very bad path or your parents and boss and fellow employees get in your face and tell you truth. If you're as fucked up as LT and your job is being supported by his amazing talent you intervene and help the guy or you ride the rocket. Parcells and BB chose to ride the rocket.

BB is a great NFL HC. He is also willing to cut every corner to get an edge he can. That doesn't take away from him being a great HC. All it does is say something about who he is. If I was a Pats fan I wouldn't care. I'm a Jets fan so I can have a double standard about it. I really don't care. None of that changes what it really is and who he really is. We all know he has a very dark side and is willing to go down a very dark road to stay on top.

Joe Namath was one of my hero's. As an adult I recognize that he was an alcoholic who was protected and idolized by the press, the team and the league until he wasn't worth protecting. I'm glad he turned his life around.

Everyone has a dark side. BB and Parcells have a responsibility to win, they also have a responsibility to take care of their players. LT has not balance the scales. BB is still trying to get an edge and ride the rocket. Perhaps down the road he will balance the scales...

Riley Biggs? Now that would be an obscure handle on a Jets board. My Biggs is a mythical defensive end who won a SB with the NY Jets and Washington Redskins.

I'm willing to admit we all have a dark side and we all have to figure out how to deal with it at some point in our lives or we don't. I'm willing to admit BB hasn't figured it out yet, are you?

#253 Biggs, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Damien Woody says this piece of shit will never make it thru the season with the Rats

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He's kicking Miami's ass today so I dunno...

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think Lamar Jackson locked up the Heisman based on his performance against the Dolphins last week.