BREAKING: #Patriots and trading WR Demaryius Thomas to the #Jets for a 2021 6th round pick (ESPN)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Sep 10, 2019.

1. So we traded a pick to our worst enemy for an 8 week rental in a NOTHER losing season?

I know i know..just a 6th..

BrowningNagle and NYJFOREVER like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There are actually 11 players drafted rounds 6&7 on their roster, 7 5th round picks and 8 udfa.
    8 starters are 6th round or later.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sam is dead to me until he isn't.

Jets69 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Calling the Pats a rival is like saying Clemson is a rival to Columbia because they both have college football teams.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I left off the 2018 guys because unless you’re the Jets, those players should still be on your team a year after you draft them. But even if you want to add them in, the only guy with a solid role is Izzo and that’s because Gronk retired.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

A positive post from champ. I see you're starting to mellow.

7. Clever metaphor but dont see how it applies in the slightest.At the bare minimum the Jets/Pats play twice every season & compete for the same gateway to the post season via the division title.

Also, at first read i thought you were taking a shot at South Carolina U(Columbia) who despite not much success compared to Clemson, has a fierce inter state rivalry.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Columbia could put Clemson on their schedule and they still wouldn't be competing for a National Championship.

FYI I go back so long I still feel like the Raiders are the Jets biggest rivalry. I never felt any rivalry with the Pats. They simply run over us on the way to championships.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I go back as far as you and still hate the Raiders, but I don't see them as a rival at all any more. After the Raiders, the Colts were a rival for a short while, then Dolphins with Marino, Shula and the Killer Bs were their chief hated rival for a while, then Buffalo during the Jim Kelly days, and now NE with Belicheat and Brady.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

How do you know these details?

11. Nice find,Tony.

This is eye opening.While the probability of getting meaningful return on day 3 picks lessens compared to earlier rounds,the talent pool should not be this bare.

Lack of player development is a major contributor to this.The cba doesnt allow enough time to refine young fringe players skillls that may never be stars but can be contributors that provide depth & ST down the line.

Its time to consider a true minor league system to provide some additional infrastructure for youth development.Fans will look at it as a porous product for them to complain about but its not about entertainment..its about providing teams another avenue to improve the quality of play from roster to roster.

TonyFtLaud and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Stupid, stupid trade.

94Abraham likes this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yeah, this guy is toast. Can’t ever stay healthy anymore. He needs to just retire.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Seems like Douglas caught the stupidity bug that goes around these parts. That and mono. :mad::mad::mad:

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Who would believe that Belichick would ever trade a player to us that could actually help us & hurt him?

Aside from the "paid professionals".

grkmanga31 likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Thomas probably shouldn't have been playing. The hamstring was an issue all week, kept him very limited in practice . Hopefully he didn't suffer a significant set back playing tonight.
    Does anyone know if the league has ruled out a suspension for his off-season arrest? I figured they did when he signed with the Pats but haven't been able to find anything.

17. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Great trade by Douglas by the way

LoL

The jets are cursed