New QB1: Insert Trevor Siemian

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Uncle Josh was what he was. A ancient, never won anything, journeyman JAG with zero upside.

Siemien is in his prime. He brings plenty of starting experience, years in the league with the possibility of upside.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if he can get effectively run Gase's offense and the Jets are able to win some of these upcoming games that many people don't expect them to win.

Does Darnold automatically get his job back?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

If Siemien is able to lead the Jets to a win over Cleveland, gets a split with New England and gets a split of Dallas-Philadelphia he did his job.

If he does better than that keep Darnold's behind nailed to the bench until 2020 I'd want to see how this season plays out.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Serious answer for other posters: Yes. Siemian's career performance has been similar to Darnold's rookie performance, so at worst, Darnold will be like Siemian. Either way, we know Siemian isn't a franchise QB and need to find out if Darnold is.

Answer for you: Yes. When Darnold returns from mono, he won't be fat, so of course he should get his job back.

cval and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

RB28,,,,exactly ! As I said I dont think we have chance in this game but lets see IF this Gase can coach them up ,make adjustments , show some wrinkles , something / anything to give us a shot at being competitive ---> I dont think he will as I just don't believe he is a good coach = go ahead prove me wrong Mr Gase

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've already said that Trevor won't be the reason behind any losses.

I could be wrong...but he's played well in big games and can chuck the football with authority.

6. WarriorRB28

I'm giving Siemien a shot to get the job done.

We'll see how he does.

If they're able to beat Cleveland with him at starting QB and he's able to guide the Jets through that killer stretch of games with their season still intact I for one would want him to stay in as the starting QB.

7. WarriorRB28

They have far too much talent to start 0-6 or something close to it. If they lose to Cleveland we're entering the Kotite zone.

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

- TE out
    - OL horrible
    - QB out
    - #2 WR out

- MLB (ACL) out
    - Big-$ free agent defensive captain out
    - CBs horrible
    - #1 draft pick out

- PATs/FGs unsettled

NYJ: loaded

NYJFOREVER, dmarz45, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Big Cat likes this.
  11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

And all of that talent is injured or out, or not in playing shape, or doesn’t have enough time playing together, or is suspended, but I guess that doesn’t matter right? It also doesn’t matter that the Jets aren’t a deep team, right?

Too say that 2 losses is entering the Kotite zone tells me you weren’t around for the Kotite era.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Good post. Anyone who thought the Jets had a lot of talent even before this glorious list was kidding themselves. And the Jets are about as deep as a shot glass.

SOJAZ, 94Abraham and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. WarriorRB28

Less excuses, more Ws please.

They have a capable backup QB, Jamal Adams is still in there as is Robby & Bell and my $14.2 million defensive lineman Leo.

Find a way to get the job done.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Your expectations are unrealistic.

15. WarriorRB28

Look at the Colts their superstar QB retired right before the season today they found a way to beat Tenessee on the road. The NFL is about results not excuses.

Gase doesn't have the pelts so we can look forward to better days even if this thing starts 0-6 or worse. Miami fired him.

And I wanted Gase here.

Find a way to beat Cleveland. No one expects them to go 4-0 during NE, Philly, Dallas, NE I think coming out of that stretch 2-2 likely a split with NE and Dallas at home would be a commendable coaching job by Gase.

0-6 would be a nothing coaching job. Fire him and go get McCarthy.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You’re seriously trying to compare the Jets to the Colts? We’ve been picking people off their scrap heap all offseason.

Like I said, you have unrealistic expectations, and you had them way before all of the adversity hit.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That Colts roster is littered with talent my dude. Come on lmao

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Your dreaming if you think AG can coach up this team as presently constituted to be "able" to go 2-2. believe me I want W as bad as the next guy but I saw a coach that play NOT TO LOSE - who does that remind you of - last week and performed poorly when the pressure was on. Sorry, I do not see it and I truly believe we will be 0-6 but also hope I am truly wrong.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

- A 'capable' dink & dunk attack at best....because let's face it: Siemian's no Jimmy Garappolo..
    - Jamal Adams will be covering which of the WRs, Beckham or Landry?
    - Robby's and his limited route tree? You have any idea of who Denzel Ward is?
    - Quinnen Williams is out; wasn't referring to your other (non-Garoppolo) obsession, Leo Williams.

CJ Mobley?.... 'superstar' Andrew Luck's OL vs. the Jets' OL detritus?

I'm Steve Wilks? Load-the-box, focus squarely on Bell and force Siemian to attack outside the numbers.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you for fucking real o_O

This is worse than your signature hair shit and whatever else you have said in the past, this trumps the lot, takes the biscuit in fact.