Sam Darnold out with Mono... probably a few weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wah, Sep 12, 2019.

1. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

We don’t need a TE, just need Herndon back.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Just above the Conclusion section that you copy here is a flow chart for comeback guidelines which is not very useful to us because we have even less idea of the onset time than the team and doctors do and we are not privy to any information about spleen involvement which, by all sources, appears to be key. At first glance it is difficult to understand whether the time frames shown on the chart are concurrent or cumulative.

Here's the paragraph preceding the chart which contains much of the same language as the Conclusion itself: (Bolding added.)

"Most recommendations support that the athlete with IM should rest for 3 weeks and then begin resumption of light activity.1,20,25,34 Keeping in mind there is so much individual variability to this disease and the exact date of onset is often difficult to establish, return-to-play recommendations should be individualized. Ultrasonography may play a role in return-to-play decisions, but the variability in baseline spleen size can limit its utility.19,28,39,43 Additional factors include the nature of the activity or sport (contact vs noncontact) and the season in which the illness occurs (competitive season vs off-season). Any return to competition must include a detailed explanation of the risk of splenic injury, since full recovery may take months (Figure 2)."
    It may be important to note that his paper is five and a half years old and improvements have probably been made in such protocols. Also it is doubtful that the level of care Darnold is receiving could be surpassed anywhere, key measurements of spleen size may be available through previous injuries and treatments and he is young and generally in excellent health. That should put his recovery at a much faster rate than you or I could expect, anecdotal evidence notwithstanding. The big question, as I see it, is the level of spleen injury, if any.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yup that's exactly what happened.

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I spent one of the best summers of my life in Bulgaria, many many moons ago. Hence my user name. Enjoy!

FinnishJET likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Joe Namath was banging three starlets a week.

Kenny O'Brien stalled his career at Studio 54 with Mark Gastineau doing lines off some hookers ass.

Sam may just not be cut out for the big time.

Biggs, Acad23 and Ralebird like this.
  6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking Christ. How did this happen?

7. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

He kissed a girl and he liked it. No need to use my name like that though.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

How is it that Jesus pops up every time someone uses His name? Either He's omniscient, or He's another poster's second account. Someone needs to check Jesus's IP address.

sackexchange likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's been checked out by the admins.

Traces back to the little town of Bethlehem, somewhere near Jerusalem.

Looks to be legit.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Brook!, Dierking and FinnishJET like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Those with outlandish expectations are always the most disappointed when they fail to materialise, fucking wild card spot with that OL and CB's, Bell is good but he can't carry all facets of the team.

ps Sure there was a thread about having such high expectations earlier in the year :rolleyes:

Ralebird likes this.
  12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

True. Why as Jets fans do we always overrate our talent? Just look at how this team has drafted over the last 5-10 years.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He lives extremely close to me. For real. :)
    I enjoyed Finland. Finnish girls are Hot. Their saunas are top notch. And did I say Finnish girls are hot. Nothing like those ugly Britain chicks. :)

HomeoftheJets and FinnishJET like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Darnold was probably kissing girls from Toms River or Seaside. Someone has got to help that man find better quality women.

15. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Our saunas are the best, not so sure about the girls though :D
    Please don't tell my gf that :D

Brook! likes this.
  16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I saw gastineau and lance mehl there, but not O’Brien. Wasn’t it the Red Parrot by then? My booze addled memory ain’t what it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Chris Chandler wasn't diagnosed until after week 14 so there was only 1 &1/2 weeks left in his season, Johnathan Martin only missed OTAs after being diagnosed with Mono in 2014, was ready for camp and started week 1.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just thought I would check it out and found this description of Finnish woman...

"
    The majority of Finnish women seem at first glance not very appealing. Many of them have round greyish colour faces, snub noses, a rare straight hair, short hairstyle, medium height, even excessive fullness and lack of waist. Their feet are full and short. They have large bones, wide back and knees, big palms of hands and soles of the feet. Such structure of the body better retains heat. Finnish women rarely use cosmetics. They do not wear shoes on heels. Sneakers and moccasins are favourite shoes in this country. Such habits of Finnish women explains their agricultural origin. Dressing in the countryside has always been accepted in simple, convenient and discreet clothing. Bright clothes, cosmetics and jewellery were not compatible with the rural way of life. After migrating to the city, the Finns took their rural habits. Finnish women look very similar to a man - hair, clothing, gait and manners.

Blimey :eek:

FinnishJET likes this.
  19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry your post is to limited IMHO try 40/50 years and U will be more in the ball park :mad:

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I spent a lot of time in Helsinki & I would rate the Finnish saunas as quite good. I also found there woman to be attractive at least the ones who I meet at the bar in my hotels in both Helsinki & Kotka :mad: