Sam Darnold out with Mono... probably a few weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wah, Sep 12, 2019.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Of course Tom can stick his tongue 5 inches down his sons gullet but Sam hooks up with a local bar skank and gets the kiss of death.

I hope they dress him for the pats game and send him out there as a walking contagion. If he has mono everyone else should have it too

NYJFOREVER, PabloJa and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Mono is a kissing disease. But I didn't know you could catch it kissing Gase's ass!

3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

The worst part about this is we still don't really know who we have in Sam Darnold. We have a guy that played well for 3-4 games last year, but looked ordinary at best for the rest. HE also had a rough game 1 this year. This illness is going to extend the time frame for our coaching staff and front office to determine if he's really our future at QB. I'll say this much....if this illness keeps him out extended time and we end up spiraling into a top 3 draft pick and we have a chance to take a QB that Joe D. sees as elite--we have no choice but to take them like AZ did this year. We can't bet on Darnold being that without a more extensive body of work. This would hurt because we have a lot of other holes to fill right now. Sorry but I'm being realistic.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, PabloJa and 7 others like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you don't have to apologize for what you said. Its a good point

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Trevor Lawrence ain't coming out this year. We aren't taking a QB.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We used to call the kissing disease glandular fever in the UK is this the same thing?

I remember a girl at school got it and she was gone for the whole school year, she was listless and had no energy.

Who kicked a damned gipsy this summer for that curse to be handed out.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how could he possibly be out for the year with mono? I'm no doctor but that would be ridiculous.

Stay hydrated and sleep it off for a week or two then see how ya feel. The entire season is 4 months. Mono is a 4 month injury now? come on guys

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yes. Same thing.

Leicester Jet and K'OB like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Given the nature of the disease I would say Sam's done for the year, and the sooner the Jets acknowledge this the better for him and the fans. It's a horrible break, but trying to rush him back would put him at risk, and get the fans hopes up for no reason.

And assuming they lose as many games as I think they will now - at best have 4-12 record, and possibly worse - if there's a blue chip QB there they need to grab him.

And how smart was Macc for passing on Mahomes for that 'sure thing' in 2018?:mad: And before anyone tells me that's 'old news' and quit rehashing it, the point is to support the tactic of drafting the best QB available until you finally get your FQB. At this point we can't say Darnold is a FQB.

NCJetsfan, GQMartin, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No, I don't think so. Knowing the Jets, in that situation, they'll pick a defensive lineman. LOL

11. K'OB

2-4 weeks seems optimistic then.

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

They passed on Mahomes AND Watson because they had the 2nd year star in the making who couldn't play even one down the previous season: Christian Hackenberg!

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. K'OB

Don't make yourself ill, it is too early in the season for the Mahomes missing you already posting ;)

14. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I had Mono in my 20s too recently and I was legitimately messed up with a horrible sore throat, night fever and sweats, and zero energy for about a month straight

The symptoms eventually faded but I had lost a ton of weight and it took a few more weeks to even start feeling normal again

I was diagnosed in September too...I was in good shape and play basketball and lift and didn’t feel “right” to do all of that until lIke December.

Hopefully he has a much more mild case, or he already had it for a while

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shit...we could have a qb controversy if Trevor rips it up for a few weeks.

Wouldn't that be great...:rolleyes:

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Its people overreacting and comparing their treatment to what Sam is going to get. Sam is going to be getting the best of the best for the next 1 - 2 months. The part that sucks about this is this entire season was about learning what we have with 14. Now we have to wait for this shit to clear.

Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Now would be a good time to HOLD onto the remaining 2020 draft picks as they will be valuable.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. King Koopa

I dont think you can speed it up much due to better care...Mono is not a fun time and takes a while to run it’s course

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out half the year

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would assume having some of the best medical treatment that can be provided (24/7 monitoring, IVs out the ass, correct diet to help maintain any weight possible,etc) would be better than any normal person going to the Dr and just getting bed rest.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. King Koopa

Maybe slightly better but I think it’s more just luck of the draw if he has a mild case or not

There’s also the issue of spleen enlargement with Mono that can last for a while even after the symptoms are over....Obviously the doctors will be all over that

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.