Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Clearly Gase's emotions were running very high after that loss, which is completely understandable.

Press conference today was calm and collected and back to normal. He was even joking with Rich Cimini back and forth.

You people are overreacting for no fuckin reason

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You see, Biggs, I don't give a steaming pile of crap what you think, even if you claim it is done "respectfully."

You claim to have read what I wrote; it's too bad you can't comprehend what you read. I am not forming an opinion based on one game, I made the observation that I have seen nothing to distinguish the present offensive gurus from the previous iteration. There has been only one game and that is upon which I based my observation.
    You might begin to support your point, if you have one, with what you saw Sunday that causes you to react so venomously and so negatively to what I, and others, post. It seems you either can't or prefer to use your time here calling people names.

3. Falco21

Oh and GUESS WHAT?!?

Today he stated that he made mistakes himself and he addressed that to the guys after watching the film

WOW! SHOCKER!

An over-reaction from the Jets fanbase

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't like him? I never even met him.

But I don't like what I've seen on his resume - a history of losing. As I continue to try to keep an open mind, I'd like to see some kind of sign he's not heading down the same path he traveled in Miami. All the "greatest offensive minds" BS has been heard here before; I didn't buy it then and I'm not buying it now, I need to see it happen.

5. Falco21

Asked what call bothered him most after watching the film.

He said the one that he still keeps coming back to is the 3rd and 1 call before the 4th down we went for. He said Sam and Robby made a great effort to make something of it, but he learned something on that call and it still is bothering him.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That 3rd and 1 call before the 2:00 warning baffles the hell out of me. It wasted 20 seconds on the clock. They threw it deep on 3rd and 1 and the 2:00 warning hit. They then proceeded to run it on 4th and 1 and didn’t snap the ball again until 1:40ish (maybe even less time). Makes no sense. Shoulda handed it off to your $60 million dollar RB and then regrouped during the 2:00 minute warning.

SOJAZ, Ralebird, fggrimes and 2 others like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It was a joke...

And I agree with you ... one game in...Gase has shown nothing.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So I guess now he gets it, right?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sure, there is some amount of overreaction, but here's the thing: Gase's response, both during the game, and after, gives the impression that he's not aware of the urgency of the situation. It appears like he thinks he'll have a couple of years to turn things around, and maybe the Johnsons actually told hi that, but if that's the case they're wrong. This first game loss is huge. They could well lose their first 6 or 7 (or more). What do you think the patience level will be then? OTOH, if they had won their first game with a functioning offense, there would be some grounds for belief that we're heading in the right direction.

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. It has bothered me from day 1 that he basically wont even acknowledge that hes w a different team now much less in NY or w the jets.

Also,that he refuses to look at the history of whats gone wrong here.Thats been a constant w alot of coaches/GMs that have come through & they all end repeating the same mistakes.Patching holes w short term fixes,conservative coaching,not finishing games, putrid drafting w an overemphasis on defense.

I get they all have their own programs w a clean slate that they want to implement but hello?! This team from NEW YORK has gone 50 years w.o a championship & has never hosted a playoff game in their current stadium. Maybe take a quick gander at whats gone wrong & what youre getting yourself into & not depending solely on your ego? I think hes doomed quite honestly

11. ColoradoContrails

I said from the beginning that I thought Gase's personality was going to be a problem and might well doom him, but after hearing his comments and his ideas I thought maybe he would work out, especially after hearing that he likely had a big hand in getting rid of Macc. I was optimistic that his reputation as an offensive guru (despite his career losing record) would be the difference, and together with Darnold and Bell we would finally see the Jets return to their high-flying offensive roots. And then came Sunday. Talk about cold water being thrown in your face! What I saw was a coach who was unable to react to the flow of the game. And when was the last time we saw that? Uh, the last 4 seasons, to just note the most recent history. This is the most disturbing part of the loss. Then to hear Gase absolve himself was the icing on the cake. As the old saying goes: 'Improvement begins with the acknowledgement that there's a problem', so given that Gase doesn't see himself as the problem, just when can we hope to see any improvement? No time soon apparently.

BTW Kurt: I myself have been AWOL for most of the summer so was unaware of your apparent withdrawal from here, but I hope you don't disappear altogether because you're one of the more knowledgeable and reasonable posters here and I would miss you and your insights.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

We can agree to disagree. I'm not calling for him yet. I get it takes awhile to get everything going. That being said similar mistakes that we saw the last four years were seen on Sunday. The schedule doesn't get any easier and his seat will be hot before we know it.

Gase lost his last three games last year first one this year. You have a fan base that has got nothing from this team in 8 years. Fans are angry. Lukewarm to Gase to begin the year. Grant it Macagnan made personnel decisions the first four months but Gase has to be help accountable for some of the decisions he made while here. Kicker is one of them. I don't blame him for the issue with the receivers. Everyone overestimated the receivers and after 1 week between an unfortanate injury to a player who has an injury history and a receiver who only ran a few routes it does fall on him a bit he didn't want more. Personnel side he has to take some responsibility.

Sunday he has to take some of the blame. Defense played well. Once Mosley got injured it went down hill. Can't blame him for that. But being up 16-0 he has to be better. Offensively again personnel came into play but the play calling was bad. That's on him. I'll give him a top defense. This isn't a rookie head coach and for the most part it's a similar team. Not a good one but similar. They should be better. We didn't see it on Sunday. It's a knock.

I'm not overreacting but seeing trends from the past that don't look good.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Yeah, HE doesnt get it.

He should have realized as soon as his team lost a game braindead fans who expected 16-0 would run to the internet linking 2019 to 1976

LOL

Sam Hammer and GasedAndConfused like this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sigh, 52 years... on Monday I sent Christopher a note at my disgust. I outlined it factually from my perspective and I pretty sure that if he read it, it would be dismissed as a frustrated Fan, etc. Lets explore something....

Adam Gase’s Dolphins went 3-19 over his three years in Miami in games decided by more than one score. think about that. That means he is now 1-20. I see no reason to be optimistic when the unit your coaching seems to be unprepared, is totally dysfunctional cause by communication lapses, poor play selection at critical times and a QB who looked lost and confused coupled with a C who seemed just as lost... yet no changes were made - yes they are vets but played like grade school team.

Gents, even I got caught up in the optimism and thought that maybe 8-8 or even 9-7 was possible but I really was concerned about this coaches play calling philosophy based on his tenure with the Fish. I hope I am wrong - I really do but I seen this picture before - so I am revising my outlook for w-l because IMHO this coach very shortly will be 1- 26... and we will suffer through another shitty season.

15. Falco21

Btw, there was an analysis of the Jets offense against Buffalo on nyjets.com and it showed that there were a couple key missed opportunities, two of which would have been Touchdowns.

Had Sam hit Robby on both of those instances, we would have been up over 20 points to 0.

Gase's offensive game-plan was not the issue. The issue was Sam missed a couple key opportunities and the offensive line broke down often.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

bingo. our past has nothing to do with this season, the future or gase.

LF911SC likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That same "nyjets.com" analyst knows where his bread's buttered and was smart enough to pick up on his 'good money' TGG source--tru dat:

link: These Are The Facts

18. ColoradoContrails

Yes, it WAS the issue. Game plans are just that: PLANS. Plans never work the way you draw them up, which means you need to adjust to the realities. That's where Gase screwed up. He didn't appear to make adjustments to get the offense going. I'm not saying it was 100% his fault, but he is the HC and the buck has to stop with him. His trying to dump that off on the players is a real problem.

BacktoQueens and JetsNation06 like this.
  19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

You play the game not to lose.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That's not anything new.