Nathan Shepard facing 6-game suspension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Who? Never heard of him

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You can hate on Mac for drafting him 3rd round, or at all, but your feelings are misplaced if you're hating on this dude. He is being totally transparent which is refreshing and gives an honest glimpse into what it's like to try and make it in the NFL. The GM who drafted him is gone and I wish Shepard the best. These athletes battle injuries that we don't even know about. With that being said how could anybody even think about justifying Mac's tenure here??? I know everyone is drawing Idzik comparisons, and the fact that Mac is even comparable says it all.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope they don't drug test coaches...

4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

My first thought is that at least the guy manned up. My second thought is I will be very glad when we can finally have a thread on this forum that doesn't mention Maccagnan - perhaps on 2021.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Another feel good story player, who was far too old when he got drafted, and mind you didn't even play D1 ball. Another Macc pick that will be cut.

Joe Douglas is going to have a lot of work remaking this roster. We have a very top heavy roster, with minimal depth. This is what happens when you rely on free agency to acquire talent, but strike out on a majority of your draft picks.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard this on the radio along with the news of the Enunwa injury. I was really pulling for this guy as invisible as he was last year because of his interview with Nate Burleson after the draft. Ugh.

K'OB likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Spot on.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Lol Mac is in no way comparable to Idzik.
    Not even close. An why are you blaming Mac but excusing Shepard? He’s responsible for his own actions, and those actions just cost the team 6 games.

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I am saying Shepard was a terrible pick, he probably should have been undrafted or at least late rounds. Taking him in the third round was an awful pick, and if the guy wasn't doing steroids he admitted he would be even less competitive. His only shot was to do some type of PED and he knew it. He's not exempt from criticism but its hard to get mad about. It was a bad pick in the first place .

And Mac was terrible. Not as bad as Idzik but Mac had a longer tenure and it was grueling.

10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I would argue that Macc is as bad as Idzik (i don't say this lightly)

Idzik drafted Sheldon who was a beast for a while -- before getting played out of position. He actually had a plan (seahawks v2.0) but was terrible at execution. If Idzik was picking at 3 or 6 every year his record would be comparable

Macc has a sustained history of really bad picks with no rhyme or reason or plan.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's amazing how many picks they both made where you knew it was a bad pick the second they were announced. Both were bad GM's, but I'll give a slight edge to Macc given that he got us a FQB prospect and has a few mid round hits.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's already there...

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. chandler

You're probably right about the slight edge but there were times Macc was so stupid it set a new standard: e.g., 100 mill of cap and you let your pro bowl kicker walk? I still have absolutely no idea about what his philosophy/vision for the team was, or for that matter how to build one (e.g., inside out; depth but not superstars; youth; blend; ahtleticism over IQ or vice versa)

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

My guess is BPA in round 1, then IDK. We know that the OL wasn't a priority based on his words and actions. We are seeing the consequences of that. And he seemed to like feel good stories(Mauldin and Shepherd).

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gosh u just do not go back far enough. There is soooooooooo many which is why we are such a shit team just to name a few the RB from Penn State who was a think a #3 pick Try Johnny Lam Jones who was a #1 the DT Roberston or something like that How about the Browning Rifle whenever U post I suggest before hitting the send button you do a fact check of NYJ history starting with the 1970 yes 1970 draft :mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. chandler

what's telling to me is that the Texans have no GM at the moment, and Mike is probably staring at the phone

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Amid all the other shit, I forgot this even happened.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  18. chandler

I should also mention BPA isn't really a team philosophy. Instead you need a team philosophy first so you have some criteria to assess BPA. For example if your team philosophy is fast ILB you'll judge one prospect one way; if it's you want thumpers in the middle you'll judge that same player very differently.

Same true with all sorts of positions including QBs

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I guess this will have been a final push to try and make it as a pro, like he said coming off injuries with a new everything in place and an underwhelming season behind him, he has taken the chance of not getting tested out of season and oops.

Shame as his story was a good one but I guess it has just flamed out now.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

A tale not quite as old as time

K'OB likes this.