Aka...Mr Glass

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Sep 8, 2019.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I believe Douglas is gonna trade Enunwa. Might as well get something before he is out for the season. He has brittle bones...i can see him and Bruce Willis battling wits in Unbreakable3 with Enunwa in a wheel chair killing all of the healthy receivers out of pure jealousy and envy. Built like a truck but made of aluminium foil.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Not with his contract. We're effed for the next 2 seasons on that re-sign.

fansince90 likes this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It was a stupid contract and I thought about it at the time. We took alot of that $100m and overpaid Roberts, Q, and Anderson with it. I really dont think Mac did a good job of being strategic of who we should keep and who we should let go. I like Anderson so I don't think his contract is that bad, but Roberts and Q are not game changers by any means and that money could have been better spent elsewhere..

NYJetsO12, wewantsapp and fansince90 like this.
  4. fansince90

Even though Q has a bad contract i believe Douglas is gonna send the message.."If u cant do your job we will get rid of you one way or the other." Polite is an example of that...Douglas has no loyalty to Macs guys and he will scour the league to find talent he evaluated as deserving a shot.

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

To be fair, he is only half Macc's guy (resign) but is actually a unicorn (lone remaining draft pick of the Idzik 12)

TheJetLife and fansince90 like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Effed? I'm pretty sure we can cut him after this season and save money. How exactly are we effed?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

save only a little over $2 million if he is cut after this season. Enunwa will cost $5.4 million against the cap next year no matter what.

might as well keep him if its not saving much IMO, unless a rookie or something outplays him

fansince90 and wewantsapp like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Q's shine has surely dimmed.

I'll take a chance and say he's gonna ball against Cleveland.

rohirrim665 and fansince90 like this.
  9. fansince90

The signing of Thomas supports my claim. Douglas is gonna try to find talent. Somebody's time is getting cut.

10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised and don't understand this. He had such a great year in 2016 and looked so promising. 2017 He was injured the entire year, and then last year I guess he didn't necessarily shine but fucking nobody did really. Relatively speaking he seemed to be one of Darnold's favorite targets last year, once again when he was healthy (11 games). I just don't understand and had such high hopes for him, I still look at him as a dangerous weapon but I guess I'm wrong..

BacktoQueens and fansince90 like this.
  11. fansince90

You may not be wrong...
    Maybe Darnold loved his old used 6 cylinder. It was his first car, it was reliable when it wasn't in the shop...it did what it was supposed to do most of the time, he appreciated what was given to him. As the year went by he began to notice all the features of the newer models and wondered what it would be like to have one. Then he test drove the Hemi and had to have it. After that, driving the 6 cylinder was hard to do unless it was out of necessity, so the 6 sat and waited to be driven. He parked it on the street and had to move it twice a week for street cleaning or whenever he got the new hemi detailed. "Why am i paying insurance on 2 cars?" he asked himself. So he placed a for sale sign on the 6 and sold it for under market value to avoid the aggrivation of moving it twice a week. Sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't, he didn't want to be bothered anymore and realized he would save time and money in the long run. No more getting left at red lights, alarms went off as he drove by from the roar of the engine, and crossing the street with oncoming traffic became a no-brainer because he knew he could rely on his new Hemi to get there witbout hesitation. Heads turned, people literally stopped him to say..."Nice car man." Humble and thankful he went from 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and had so much fun driving it everyday.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Q is a beast and one of my fav players. If half the Jets played with the heart and determination that Q plays with, WE'D have 6 rings.

But I understand that the very thing I love about Q is what makes him vulnerable to injury. His refusal to go down after a catch is amazing...seeing Q rumble 10 more yards dragging 6 defenders. Really amazing....Q has among the best YAC in the league.

But Gase did have to tell Q to knock it off...just go down and live to fight another play...so we'll see.

fansince90 likes this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Every past OC has been able to leverage Enunwa's mismatch potential.

Now that we have Gase.........crickets

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

errr...I meant bail...bail against Cleveland.

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

this actually aged well

17. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

We can hope and pray we get this guy next draft! "Judge" Jeudy!

[​IMG]

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Maybe, but if I was the OP, I would feel like a piece of shit. Tough luck for Q.

K'OB likes this.
  19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What a clever thread.

20. fansince90

Don't get me wrong...he was on of my favs...when he was available.

The Dark Knight likes this.