Jets will work out kickers on tuesday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 9, 2019.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Maybe higher ceiling? Idk. But let's not look back in sorrow. Gotta move forward.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Question: Why aren't Jets' player scouts allowed to look out the window in the morning?

Answer: Because then they'll have nothing to do in the afternoon.

Do these freaking guys actually ever go watch a player? Talk to their former coaches? Anything? My success rate buying PowerBall tickets is better than the Jets scouting operation. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I thought about this, but we are using the same snapper & holder as last year. Plus this guy got dumped by the Vikings for his poor kicking & they gave up a 5th round pick for him. I think it is more just bad choice of kickers all three had a bad track record. Canazaro Bertolet, Verret all had performance issues at their last stop.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I can see the headlines after he misses his first kick "Frickin' Ficken!"

That said, he's the guy I've wanted the Jets to sign since GB waived him. I hope they are finally doing it.

5. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

SO the Jets sign a kicker from the Rams Sam Ficken will be doing the kicking - I had to

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Fricken Ficken

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hopefully 4th time is the charm here.

8. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Twisted!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/10/20859598/jets-sign-a-new-kicker-again

Jets Sign A New Kicker, Again

By MacGregor Wells Sep 10, 2019, 4:20pm EDT

The New York Jets have cut kicker Kaare Vedvik and signed kicker Sam Ficken to replace him. Ficken becomes the fourth Jets kicker in a month.

Sam who you ask? Excellent question, glad you asked.

Sam Ficken. Rhymes with kickin’.

Sam Ficken is a 26 year old, 6’ 1”, 192 pound kicker out of Penn State University. He has kicked around the NFL a lot without ever finding a permanent home. Ficken was in the Jacksonville Jaguars camp in 2016 but did not make the team. He was in the Kansas City Chiefs camp in 2017 but did not make the team. Ficken then moved on to the Los Angeles Rams at the end of the 2017 season, where he played in two games. There he made two out of three field goals, with a long of 23(!) yards, missing from 36 yards. He also missed an extra point. Ficken played another two games for the Rams in 2018, where he made 10 out of 10 extra points, but made just one out of three field goal attempts. Ficken made a 34 yard field goal and missed from 28 and 45 yards (yikes!).

Ficken moved on to the Green Bay Packers in 2019, where he again failed to make the team. Overall in his brief NFL career Sam Ficken is 14 of 15 on extra point attempts and three of six on field goal attempts. He has never made a field goal in the NFL longer than 34 yards and never attempted an NFL field goal beyond 45 yards.

Suffice it to say Sam Ficken may not be the long term answer at kicker. He is, however, the answer for now. Whether or not he’s the right answer is still very much in question.