Darnold = Poor Man's Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Gee that Aikman guy, what a total bust, right?

2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I think he has the ability...but now that i think of it so did Mcowen. Did Mcvay teach Goff how to qb or did he provide a great system? I think Darnold can qb..it may be the system.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sam has poor mechanics at times. That deep ball to Robby didn’t need to be thrown off his back foot, but then when he (kinda) stepped into the throw the next time he took a shot he overthrew it. To be fair he was probably expecting to be hit any second, but still, the QB and WR need to execute on at least 1 of those plays.

I said in another thread, that if that kind of pressure continues next game, it’ll probably be that kind of pressure for the first 5 games of the season. He might develop a case of the yips. Between the shitty OL play and the below average WR’s, the Jets could be on their way to ruining their highly drafted QB. Too soon to tell though.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Those Cowboys OL’s were something special though. It’s amazing how badly Mac set this franchise back with his horrendous draft strategy and awful mid round picks. The OL will probably take a couple years to address properly.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I said it earlier, but I think the first deep ball to Anderson that was under-thrown was an unexpected throw.

You can tell in the video he was trying to escape pressure and it seemed like when he saw him, he did not expect him to be free and he reacted, thus displaying poor mechanics resulting in an under-thrown ball.

The over-throw bothered me from Anderson's standpoint. I HATE when receivers are within range and make ZERO effort on the ball. He could have easily dove for it and made more of an effort than just simply running past it as it hit the ground

6. Falco21

What is amazing is that even a child can see how important an offensive line is to a teams success, and yet it was never addressed in any real way.

I defended Mac for a lot of his moves, but his lack of understanding of the offensive line is beyond me.

Games are truly won in the trenches. I wish I could see what an offense with Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell could do with a competent line

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Me too. Unfortunately we might not see it this season. Then again, the OL will probably get better as the season progresses. If they have any pride or self respect anyway.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Anderson does need to go after these balls with more authority. WTF he pisses me off sometimes

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that says it all right there. It's hard to do that.

Jamison Crowder caught 14 balls and didn't even eclipse 100 yards. I bet that has never happened to a wide receiver before. Maybe a running back or tight end, idk.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It ain't pretty.

11. Falco21

Watching this again and it is blatantly obvious that Gase was concerned with the offensive line. Short passes to get the ball out quick.

The Dark Knight and Mogriffjr like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So is he a poor man's Troy Aikman now? we better get him some linemen ASAP!

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I figured out why fans were so upset with Sam and overreacted in a negative way after Sunday's loss despite him playing fine and committing 0 turnovers: We have high hopes and standards for him. Watching Watson last night, or Mahomes, Jets fans were hoping for a jump similar to that for Sam in Year 2. Obviously they did not factor in Buffalo having a great pass defense or the Jets O-line being terrible, but when you have high expectations and get that result, I get the disappointment. Factor in watching Josh Allen lead a come back drive for the win and Sam not being able to answer, no doubt fans were upset. It is really early in the year though. I still expect Sam to make those strides.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He's the first WR to ever do that, granted he had 99 yards lmao

15. gulbane

gulbane Member

Agreed and this was O'briens problem as well. He ended up using that silly black visor so that the defense couldn't read where he was going to throw the ball.

Linebacker712 likes this.
  16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

And that is the overwhelming problem here. OFFENSIVE LINE. New England wins every year because they have the QB and a solid offensive line. Always. And what’s amazing is here we all are sitting on our couches and WE can see this. Yet Jets’ GMs, coaches, advisers, owners et al. can’t seem to grasp this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Mcvay literally tells Goff where to throw right before the mic cuts off

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

OP looks legendary at the moment

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Most times

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member