Darnold = Poor Man's Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 8, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He still might have made a Darnold= Rich Man's Sanchez thread if the Jets would have won! :D

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Darnold has to make the deep pass to Robby late in the 4th. He had a clean pocket and simply didn't step into the throw. TERRIBLE PASS. He can be good, but still needs alot of polishing with his mechanics.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Talk to me after the Bye..is all I've been saying

Three games in is a little better Sample Size to offer any respectable opinion on CS Sam D Offense Defense and Special Teams

Looks like we are not going undefeated this year...ahahahaha

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

half this board did. LOL

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Game 1 Goff had a 69 QB rating, Ben had a 65.6 rating, Mayfield had a 64 rating, Trubisky had a 62.1 rating. Goff's team actually won of course they played Carolina where Newton had a 72.1 rating. It's the first game of the season. There was trash all over the league yesterday. Bell was okay but hardly a game changing player yesterday. We really don't have good playmakers by NFL standards. When you can't protect the one time you get your deep threat open and a clean pocket you have to hit him. He missed yesterday. Our kicker left 4 points on the field. Big deal. There's a reason we have a new coaching staff and GM.

Falco21 likes this.
  6. Vida

Vida Active Member

Hard to judge him when we are putting him behind a Swiss cheese o-line.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Good perspective here.

Hard to believe that as bad as we played yesterday, we still should have won that game if we had a semi normal kicker.

I've said it and I'll say it again, move on to next week. Flush it and continue forward

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darnold looked more like a poor man's Chad Pennington than Sanchez yesterday.

41 attempts, only 175 passing yards. That's 4 yards per attempt. Pennington territory, but at least Pennington had an excuse, he had a weak arm. Darnold just checks down for funsies I guess.

94Abraham likes this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sam was inches away on two throws to Anderson from having 3 TDs in this game and a W.

If that happened, dumbasses wouldn’t be bashing him. QBs of old would have thrown 3 INTs in a game like yesterday. Darnold had ZERO turnovers.

#69 Martin&theJETS, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    NYJFOREVER likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

On that one pass to Anderson late in the game, I think it was 3rd down and 1, Darnold had like 20 yards of green in front of him and he didn't run

even if he got just 10 yards, it woulda been 1st and 10 near midfield at the 2 minute warning, down 17-16

94Abraham and jilozzo like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He definitely wasn't good by any means, but he didn't have any help from his OL or wide receivers outside of Crowder. Robby actually dropped a touchdown. That last throw Sam missed to Robby was awful, he had plenty of time, got happy feet, and launched it downfield completely off balanced. The rush got to him yesterday

12. NYJFOREVER

Because he tried to take the touchdown? His footwork was awful when he threw it, the rush got into his head. That should've been a touchdown, that wasn't a bad decision on that throw.

13. BrowningNagle

well it was a bad throw

14. NYJFOREVER

Obviously, I said that. You're complaining he didn't take the 20 yards of green in front of him that wouldn't have won us the game. He made a great decision to throw that ball to Robby, it was a terrible throw.

15. BrowningNagle

idk....having a 1st and 10 at midfield down by 1 point, may very well have lead to a win.

I disagree that it was a "great" decision to throw that pass, especially since he hadn't hit anything beyond 7 yards all day

16. NYJFOREVER

I was screaming at the game they should've handed the ball off to LeVeon, get the first down and take it to the 2 minute warning (everybody was looking at me like I was nuts) After the play I was pissed because they ran it on 4th and 1 and wasted 30 seconds of clock, but looking back at it, that play should've been a game winner. Rather take a shot at the endzone than let our scrub kickers kick.

17. BrowningNagle

the rush did get to Darnold though. He has the ability to improvise but he struggles when the rush comes up the middle. If you watch him, when he avoids the rush well is when he steps up into the pocket first before stretching it outside. If Darnold is rushed outside of the pocket from the middle, his footwork is trash.

the problem was that Kalil was getting his ass blown back into Darnold all game

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Definitely the right decision to throw given our kicker. But he blew the throw.

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Darnold is 22 in his second system in 2 years. He has at best 2nd tier WR around him and a crappy OL. Bell, before yesterday hadn't played one down with the first team O in pre-season.

I watched most of the second half of the Browns game yesterday. Mayfield was complete trash and he has arguably the best WR group in the NFL.

Sam is going to be fine.

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So does that make him a poor man's Drew Brees ?

Finance was never my specialty