2019 NFL Season Week 1: Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Aug 30, 2019.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It's only 1 game, but the troubling part about Gase's playcalling today is where were the adjustments? The pocket is collapsing on almost every play, why could he not make the adjustment to roll him out? I mean Brady is a fucking statue, yet somehow they can game plan around his obvious limitations, not Gase, not today anyway...

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bad loss...but these days I am numb to this team's fortunes

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's because he doesn't have Peyton Manning at the line changing the plays to make him look smart.

zace likes this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you if this idiots offense is 3 and 5 yd passes then I won't be watching another Jet game period, that was the worst offensive game plan I've ever seen, at the end of the game with a 1:23 left they throw 3yd outside wtf

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

and to think a few hours ago we were worrying because of the pats signing AB - as if we need any help to fail to win the division yet again

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The guy whose defense collapsed after Mosley left the game?

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of plays were if Darnold makes an adjustment, it's a big play...I think coaches can limit their QBs as much as. QB can limit a coach.

Sam looked skittish. Looked like a deer in the headlights rookie despite this being the 3rd time he's seen this defense...they didnt even bother to call a complex Defense.

I'm gonna call it like I see it. Sam is not ready for the big time yet. He struggled mightily to read defenses today and was way to quick to throw the check down and not take what the defense gave him. Dunno if that's due to gase saying do exactly as I say, or Darnold just being inconsistent

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We'll find out against the Browns. Despite how bad Baker was today, he'll put up some points against us. And the Browns defense is softer than the Bills. If we get a repeat of today on offense next Monday, then we have real problems.

zace likes this.
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Their defense is even better this year, also it's really only the second time. He saw it from the bench once last year, which is nothing like seeing it out there. He also wasn't playing in a brand new scheme for the very first time last time he played them. I would hazard to say he was better today than he was when the Jets won in Buffalo last year.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I was right about the score to the letter. I was wrong about the team. I'm too angry to get into any of it, but I lost count how many times over the years I've said you can't make it up. In fact, you can't script how many times I've said you can't make it up.

As soon as that cocksucker missed the extra point the first words out of my mouth was the Jets are gonna lose by a point. Drop the puck. That's all I've got.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but I wouldn't crown yourself nostradamus over that.

I'm pretty sure every football fan says that every time an extra point is missed.

Jus sayin

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I predicted we'd lose by less than 3 and a missed kick in the train heading to the game. :p

13. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as Jets still grieve after losing Jason Myers!

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Loads of things from this game. FFS

You force 4 turnovers and don't turn the ball over and still lose!? Unfuckingreal.

WE NEED A KICKER
    Gase was talking about an "electric offense?" BULLSHIT. Coached scared, didn't adjust to the Buffalo D.
    Losing Mosley killed everything. Shouldn't be that way, but it did.
    WAY WAY TOO CONSERVATIVE on offense. Flashbacks to Jeremy Bates and Bowles. PATHETIC.
    Boy do our corners suck.
    We don't get pressure on the QB. Q Williams walked out of the stadium in a boot...
    Darnold, while not great, didn't lose us the game. Play calling was atrocious.
    WE NEED A KICKER.

Here comes 0-2. FUCK.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

An often correct assumption to make, but an errant one in this instance. Now king me and kiss my ring. Slave.

And I did say 20-17 Jets earlier in the thread. You're just too busy fanning me and feeding me grapes to find it. You know you've been a Jets fan way too long when you look to establish bragging rights about the Jets blowing pineapple chunks.

Now I have other people to vanquish and I shall gather up my army and pillage other lands. New Jersey!

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Brook better stay a mod for us. Oh well, his prediction didn't go as we planned and he was using his prediction to pump him up for the start of our season. The Jets lost. Big deal. Doesn't mean Brook has to step down.

17. Falco21

Nostradamus was an astrologer.

Again, jus sayin

18. joesixpack

joesixpack New Member

Tough one, Jets. But take heart. You lost to a better team.

19. Falco21

You do realize the Buffalo's secondary is crazy good at shutting down the long ball, right?

Tre'Davious White at Corner
    Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde at Safety

I think many on here are completely ignoring that Buffalo's Secondary is top 5 in this league, arguably.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The other side of that is if we had a QB that could throw the ball Anderson would have 2 TDs..at least 1 since both horrible throws came on the same drive.