Pathetic to drop a 16 point lead.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Poor Oline wasn’t the reason Darnold missed many throws where he did have time.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What I saw was a reality check. I knew the team was a few players away from being competitive but what I saw was troubling esp form the O coaching.

Offense
    The OL played like they only practiced for 10 days.. the multiple stunts were not picked up and how do you not block the man on the end of the line? I mean how many Fking times did the end man come free... Sam better take out some insurance because he will need it… it was pathetic.
    There were a a few missed blocks by the TE
    Sam had no where to throw the ball except to slot rec.. who caught 12 passes - BTW the Bills D is very good so its not like they were playing bums.
    The play calling - IMHO - was conservative and at times predicable - sound familiar - so much for opening it up and throwing it down field.
    the WR had little to no separation. There was no flow to the O at all....

Def

I think the d play well - for the most part - until Mosely went out then it fell apart. u could seethe difference in the alignments or lack thereof and the missed assignments.

ST

Emergency - kicker needed, How the hell did we think this guy was any good? Jesus.

Coaching

O - Poor to bad - I had thought that maybe just maybe the OL coach would have these vets ready to play but they weren't.
    D - good to very good. This team was the best on the field until 57 went out. then they looked lost -
    ST - overall ok except for kicker

I thought W-L record could be as high as 9- 7 which was a pray.

IMHO, at this point, the D coaching is better then what I saw from the O and that is troubling. AG showed me nothing except what I saw in Miami the last two years. To not have rollouts for Sam - his strengths - is absolutely poor coaching and he better get his stuff together or this team will be 0- 6 fast,

papapump likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's supposed to be special.

The great ones overcome adversity. The great ones make the players around them better.

If Darnold is only as good as his supporting cast he's not special.

94Abraham and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

People who believe Sam Darnold or the defense are to blame for this have to be drunk or trolling.

The average team scored 23.3 points per game in 2018, 21.7 in 2017, 22.8 the year before. Today they gave up 17 which means they did an above average job. And we can't forget that they freaking score 6 of our 16 points and forced 4 turnovers. The defense did it's job to help an average offensive team win a game.

Darnold completed 68.3% of his passes and that's after the 4th quarter forcing him to throw low percentage throws for ANY NFL QB.

You want to know why we lost, I'll say it again. Darnold was sacked 4 times and hurried plenty thanks to a poor o-line that the Jets haven't invested in this decade. That's where the game was lost.

And the fact that we don't have a kicker.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't fall for a high completion percentage with Gase calling the plays. He props it up by having the QB throw screens, checkdowns, and passes to running backs. This is the exact same thing that happend with Tannehill in Miami.

JeTsInTexas, NYJFan10 and 94Abraham like this.
  6. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

Stupid owners hire stupid coaches, and we have the dumbest owner in the NFL.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

what's worse than 0-6??

rohirrim665 likes this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Maccagnan looks like a worse GM since he got fired as opposed to when he was actually on the job lol

9. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

When Darnold said the offense would be electrifying I didn't realize he meant they were going to stun gun each other.

Seems extreme.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JeTsInTexas, Wahoo and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. NYJFan10

Darnold didn't turn the ball over (good) but he missed a LOT of makeable throws including the deep one to Robby which was an automatic TD and held the ball way too long on a couple of occasions. Not to mention all the ****ing batted balls at the line of scrimmage. Pump fake once or twice for god's sakes.

#90 NYJFan10, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Those 3 and 5 yd bias were impressive especially when we needed 12

JeTsInTexas and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

No need to comment on this game as we all witnessed the trash. Seen dozens like this so at this point its just another sunday.

Will post that no one should get too crazy as some folks did think it could be a rough start. its one loss, a bad loss, but this could snowball a bit and lets see how resilient the team is.

13. NYJFan10

That really isn't much different from the majority of teams anymore though....a lot of modern offenses are geared to maximizing completion percentage. What seperates the jabronis from the great QB's is the ability to make plays. Darnold didn't make the plays when they were there today.

14. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

That's it. This is nothing new. This is the team that makes you put hope and optimism away for other things more deserving.

If mosley is out for a while, its gonna get REAL ugly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think people were way over-hyped about this team. At best it’s a 7-9 or 8-8 team and that’s “if” Darnold continues to improve and “if” Gase becomes the legend he thinks he is.

If you’re honest with yourself all you should have hoped for is a competitive game today. We got that. Sam was out played by Josh and it wasn’t even close.

Gase play calling sucked, 13 catches for Crowder as his check down as the OL was awful. Where is the offensive genius of Gase? I didn’t see it.

On D the secondary was awful which we knew. What is concerning is no one set the edge and no one bothered to cover #26 all day. Failure to adjust to him was a big reason buffalo marched up and down the field.

Again if you’re honest with yourself both Int’s were pure luck off tipped balls. Buffalo should have won that game 27-2. I saw nothing that showed this offense can keep the chains moving unless there are dump offs to Bell or Crowder every play.

The kicking game is awful but we knew that going in. The question is what does Douglas do now? I want to see him make the right moves to improve this team.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

BTW ... how many passes were tipped at the LOS today??
    Don't know if that's on Sam telegraphing to the D-linemen, or the O-line playing like dogshit ... or both ...
    But holy Jesus ...get the damn football down the field next game.

Ralebird likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

1-5 because it costs us a better draft pick.

rohirrim665, JeTsInTexas and jilozzo like this.
  18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Nobody will accept the fact that the Bills are a better team, or perhaps a very solid Defensive team?

Jets Defense gave up 17 unanswered points and Bills were down the Jets territory two more times. The passing game was way too easy. Interception was bounced off a Bill player.

OL was brutal and I though Gase did a poor job playing calling as well but we started off scoring 47 point last year and the team thought the Jets were a playoff team. We start 0-1 ok we sucked today but perhaps it May be a good sign and we ll win some games in sept?

Billsfan1212 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

No good play-callers scheme guys open downfield. Look at what McVay does in LA (aside from the Super Bowl). Goff is not that good and he finds guys open more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Gase runs a fugazi of a modern offense that tricks people into thinking it's good when it isn't.

20. NYJFan10

a.k.a. The Dennis Green rant game

JeTsInTexas likes this.