Antonio Brown (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LF911SC, Sep 5, 2019.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The Raiders should formally accuse the Pats of tampering.

Doesn't really matter as far as the Jets are concerned, though, We didn't have good enough corners to cover the WRs they had before. Edelman and Josh Gordon were going to look like Jerry Rice against us anyway. This just ends up upping the quality level of the receivers that Adams, Maye, and/or the OLBs would be expected to cover.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

NO DAYS OFF! Pats just secured their ticket to the super bowl, yet again.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Doesn’t help that I was just playing with the Jets on Madden ‘20 and realizing how unimpressive our Offense looks on paper.

:(

I really hope our guys can surprise me...but we’ve all seen this movie before.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

LOL....the russians definitely tampered with this.

5. jilozzo

LOLOLOLOLOL............LOL

6. jilozzo

wow there was a caller to francessa's show this past week (thursday??) and he said something about the pats getting brown. LOL. of course MF denied that would ever happen.

shit that caller needs to cal back and give MF a deserved hard time.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don’t care. Fuck them . There time is coming to an end. We’re going to have the best qb in the division very soon.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

MF = Mush Francesa

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Then again, haven’t we been saying this shit every year for the past 7 years? Those f*ckers are getting #7 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jets_fan

Sadly, the Pats' time isn't coming to an end. After Brady retires, they'll cheat their way into securing another QB to take them through the next however many years. Belicheat wants to prove that he can do it without Brady.

Just another sign as to why the NFL isn't worth watching all that much anymore. Six of the past 20 or so championship are just outright tainted.

sackexchange and dcinct like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Honestly the NFL is embarrassing for allowing this to happen. The Raiders trade a 3rd and a 5th Round Pick to the Steelers, after the Bills tried and AB refused. Then he acts like a complete psychopath bitch all Summer, the Raiders have no choice but to release him, and he INSTANTLY signs with the Patriots? It's disgusting.

12. jets_fan

Not to mention their reinstatement of Josh Gordon after his umpteenth suspension/banishment from the NFL. I think it's safe to say that if Gordon played for any of about 29 or so other teams, he would be banned for life by now.

Jets_Grinch and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've become so numb to NE winning that I don't care that he signed there. It's not like he'll be the difference there.

With or without him the Pats were/are gonna do what the Pats are gonna do.

tpaleologo, Acad23 and JetBlue like this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya I heard that 10yrs ago, and still it continues

sackexchange and WarriorRB28 like this.
  15. WarriorRB28

No tolerance for what?

They got busted for Spygate, they deflated footballs, their owner got busted at a massage parlor this offseason. What else did I miss?

They win. That's their bulletproof shield.

No one buys or no one should buy that holier than thou image they and the media put out.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Now the Jets really have a tall mountain to climb if they expect to sneek a win vs. Patriots. Unfortunately we live in a time where players dictate who they want to play for & the good teams have the upper hand.
    Brown was released by the Raiders on Saturday morning and agent Drew Rosenhaus said he’d go to work on finding his client a new place to play. Rosenhaus told PFT on Saturday afternoon that Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots.

It’s a one-year deal worth up to $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus.

Brown cannot play against his former team on Sunday night as the Patriots’ roster is locked for the matchup with the Steelers. The signing becomes official on Monday and Brown’s already given a sneak peek at how he’ll look in his new uniform.

Many wondered if the move would be coming as the Patriots have taken chances on players who have fallen out of favor with other teams in the past. Some of those moves — Corey Dillon, Randy Moss — have worked out while others — Chad Johnson, Albert Haynesworth — have not been as successful.

Watching to see how this one works out after Brown forced his way out of Oakland without playing a snap for the team will be one of the biggest storylines of the 2019 season. If it does work out and Brown plays to his old form, the Patriots offense is going to be a tough one to stop this year.

Share this:

#176 BudJet, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  17. jets_fan

The only thing the Pats have zero-tolerance for is doing things on the up-and-up. Kraft has his lackey in the commissioner's office that covers up for all of the cheating that his coach does.

Belicheat is a good coach, I will give him credit for that, but he's not the god-like entity he's been built up to be. If he wasn't allowed to cheat at will and played in a division that didn't guarantee him between 4-6 wins right out of the gate, he'd have a reputation that's somewhere in the upper echelon of current coaches, but not the GOAT designation or anything that even remotely comes close to that level.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

The Steelers almost never beat NE they might be NE's second favorite doormat after Buffalo but how fitting would it be for the Steelers to lay the smackdown on 'em after they signed Brown?

I'll dream and be watching tomorrow night.

Yankjetfan and sackexchange like this.
  19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

What a bitch

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships