Potential FAs/Roster Cuts the Jets Could/Should Consider

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea I shoulda known better...

2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes I'd love to see the Jets get Doss. He's a much better prospect than Berrios or the two former 1st round picks who have done nothing in 3-4 years in the NFL imo.

4. NCJetsfan

Ryan Schraeder, T.J. McDonald and Maurice Harris are still FAs and unsigned. They all seem like they'd be good additions. Is it because teams don't want to have to pay them a whole year's salary, so they're going to wait until after the 1st game?

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

according to what I've read dallas is going to release him

6. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

Yes there should be movement on veteran players after game one. Probably smart to have them in for workouts beforehand if they will come. Also to construct replacement lists for when players are inevitably hurt during year.

7. NCJetsfan

Unless Schraeder and McDonald are holding out for starting jobs or big contracts, I'm surprised that no one has signed them. I'm really surprised that Douglas didn't sign Schraeder. Edoga is the only backup OT on the roster now that Qvale is on IR, and Schraeder has to be better than Calvin Anderson who is on the PS. McDonald had one of his best years last year for Miami and I would have thought Gase would want him.

I think it may be related to the cap. Overthecap.com shows the Jets as having only $8,752,235. That doesn't leave much for emergency situations during the season or for carrying over to next season.