It took Lesean McCoy about 5 minutes to find a new team after he was cut by Buffalo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 1, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I also read that Buffalo traded a o-lineman to New England.

The Bills are frickin' stupid.

I feel much better about the Jets facing ANCIENT compiler Frank Gore in week 1 than Shady McCoy.:)

Nice get for the Chiefs the rich get richer.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Shockingly the Bills 3rd round pick is going to be on the opening day roster.

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

LeSean McCoy was statistically one of the worst running backs in the league last year. They’re far better off going with the fresh legs in Singletary.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Chiefs with a finishing piece that just might put them ahead of the Ratriots

5. WarriorRB28

Let's see where he ranks this season facing all those soft defensive fronts he'll see in KC. Something tells me he won't be seeing many eight man fronts playing with Mahommes and co.

He killed the Jets in the first game last season.

6. WarriorRB28

He's still a stud. He still has gas left in his tank.

The Bills are stupid.

Just another example of why the Patriots have owned the AFC East for nearly 20 years.

7. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

One of the worst RB'S in the league last year. Has not finished a season in 3 years. Runs mostly east/west....Where is your info coming that he still has it?

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

You clearly don’t follow the bills, and that’s ok. But what you may not know is, Shady is JAG now. There will still be a nice move every now and then, but that’s what any other back offers. We have Singletary, Gore and TJ Yeldon. All of them offer what shady does (or more), but they don’t make $6 million, demand to be “the guy” and refuse to play special teams. This was the right move for Buffalo.

LAJet likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

We'll see who has the better year.

Hearing that the Jets won't have to face McCoy in week 1 is music to my ears. Yes sir. :)

Here ya go. He looked the same to me. We'll see how he looks in KC running against all those soft defensive fronts okay?

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Physco, fill me in on the sweater.
    [​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

For everyone claiming just "how bad" McCoy was last year? Well, no shit; As Buffalo's offensive line was a complete crap show.

I much rather see a 36 year old RB in Gore 2x per season than McCoy.

All of this talk reminds me how exciting it is to have Le'Veon Bell for Sam Darnold moving forward as we're now featuring a future H.O.F great still within his prime.

Buffalo just got weaker and K.C just got a lot stronger on offense. Simple as that.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Seems like a weird cut IMO. If it was about money he would Have been cut weeks/months ago, Not one week before the season starts. Something else happened over in buffalo that hasn’t been released yet.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I read weeks ago that there was a good probability he would be cut. They were probably holding out hope they could trade him for a late pick but with that contract it wasn't going to happen. Also with 2 old guys in training camp they weren't sure one wouldn't break a hip getting out of the shower, old people problems, had to keep em both until last possible day.

FJF likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

McCoy is a team leader. That is going to hurt that locker room.

He was beloved among his teammates and I'll always remember he was the only Bills player that was actually pissed off when they lost their most recent playoff game in Jax in 2017.

The whole city & team were a bunch of desperate losers celebrating just getting into the playoffs - McCoy took to the podium - with much anguish about losing in the wild card, even launching some subtle jabs at the Buffalo folks that were happy with what happened

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have no idea if he's done or not, that's how bad the Bills OL was last year. I do love watching him run. He's running style is very reminiscent of Freeman McNeal. Amazingly shifty and made guys miss in very tight quarters. A lot of fun to watch.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good points. However, trading an OL to a rival in the division that owns all of us for years, knowing they are paper thin in that area was not smart in my opinion. You trade the Pats fucking nothing substantial ever, as they will do to you. My two cents.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

LeSean McCoy. It was a cold, brisk day in Philadelphia in late December 2011. A week from Christmas Day, to be exact. The Jets were still in the running for a playoff spot, and Philadelphia was facing elimination. There I was stupidly hopeful. I can feel the chunks rising like it was yesterday.

The Jets not only lost, they got destroyed single-handedly by LeSean McCoy. McCoy also set two team records (of course it was against the Jets, why the fck not) as the Jets bumbled and fumbled their way to a 45-19 loss that snapped their three-game winning streak. They wound up losing out the rest of the way, 8 - 8, hooray! I retained my Crown as The Queen of Shit and Mediocrity!

The Chimp was looking good the previous three games and then they put in the Dog Killer after The Chimp threw 3 INTs. Ron Mexico proved far more effective at canine strangulation, electrocution, and drowning than he did throwing a football that day, aye.

So yeah, LeSean McCoy, slowly I turned step by step inch by inch . . . And this is why I think fondly of the man. He made me face reality, a reality that I refused to see because I chose not to. File that game with all the others that tore me in half over the years and left me catatonic until a Wednesday. Don't try to lift that file, though. It's too heavy even for Holly Mangold. Lift with your legs, not with your back! No worries, you'll still wind up in a back brace for your folly. Hell, maybe traction. I hate the Jets.

Gotham Green likes this.
  19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I think Bodine ranked as one of the worst centers in the league over the last few years. In training camp this year, he was running about 5th on the depth chart. Morse, Feliciano, Spencer Long and Ryan Bates all played over him. The bills really upgraded the position. He was going to be cut (he also can’t play guard). They had him out there playing in the 4th preseason game (the kiss of death) and there’s a gif around of him getting blown up by a nobody on the Vikings. It’s absolutely shocking that anyone gave anything of value for him. He would have been cut, and as a vested veteran, would not have gone through waivers so he could have signed anywhere (including the Pats). I hope he’s their center because he’s terrible. The fact we got a pick for it is highway robbery.

LAJet likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member