Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m torn. I walked away thinking they wrapped it up quite nicely. Now I’m hearing WW didn’t die and it’s giving me a bit of a soap opera type feel.
    Gonna watch it though.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Total money grab. Netflix is getting desperate to keep subscribers because Disney+ launches in November.

If it's like anything on Netflix right now, it's gonna bomb.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's actually been rumored/in the works for quite a few years that they were going to do that. I wouldn't call it a money grab.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  4. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

The show ended in a perfect place. Not sure why a movie needs to exist, or if I really need to see the adventures of Jesse Pinkman on the run, but after BB and 4 seasons of Better Call Saul, I think I trust Gilligan to at least give us something that won't suck.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I read ahead in the posts on this thread and Byz thinking Netflix is just throwing it out to keep subscribers could be true. Being it came together so quick and without many people hearing about it, I am not going to count on it being anywhere near the original in quality. I'll hope for it to be worth watching but we'll have to wait and see.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Thinking about how quick it seemed to come together you are probably right. Vince Gilligan is involved so I will hold out a little hope that it's worth watching.

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Pinkman will probably be the thread. I can see new characters being introduced and maybe a tie up to Saul. Does Saul season 5 have to follow the season 4 timeline? Or maybe characters in el camino get developed in season 5 Saul. Lots of possibilities.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Oh nice! I'm excited now! I like follow up movies to series like that. Still wish they did one for Lost all those years back.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am excited for this movie. I was happy for Jesse at the end of Breaking Bad, but I also thought: "He can't just drive away and have a happy ending. People will be after him." And now they clearly are. Should be good.

10. The Dark Knight

Surprised no one has posted about El Camino yet. I loved it. Really well done and gave Jesse an ending he deserved. Loved all the cameos and surprises too. Somehow it made a great show even better!

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I thought it was good, not great. Not really necessary, but it gave much better closure on his character than the show. The show, ultimately, was about Walter, not Jesse, so you can see why he didn't get an ending in the show.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Agreed. Liked it but mostly on the strength of the show’s brilliance that I was engrossed in what happened to Jesse, not necessarily on the movie’s exposition itself.

dawinner127 and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. NYJalltheway

I thought it started out really good, but then focused on Todd way too much. Plus it never got back to Pete, and Badger.

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

They clearly filmed that whole big scene with Pete being interrogated and all it was used for was a trailer. HA!

15. NYJalltheway

I get that good movies do that, but I would have liked to have seen what happened.

dawinner127 and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

Yeah, but I think it was necessary for Jesse and his fans. This gave him the proper ending he deserved, plus nice to see some old friends. And most importantly: did not mess up anything that the show had created. (which was my worry)

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'Breaking Bad' marathon is on AMC right now. I'm on my break from work and I walked in just in time to see Walter tell Gretchen to go fck herself. Pretty soon a meth head is gonna squash her husband's head like a melon with an ATM for calling her a skank. Turn it on, bitch! Bitches plural!

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight and dawinner127 like this.