Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Ok so why did you delete your post last night threatening me? Oh yeah I guess you sobered up.

pWned..

Ignore list

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

No idea what your talking about bud, but I gave you a new forum to go cry in. Good luck with all that..

This is of course assuming you meant to quote me but failed miserably in that endeavor.

And FWIW I don’t drink, and this guy actually typed “pWned”.

#1122 Jets81, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. Longsuffering88

No idea? Really? Lmfao!!!!

You changed your post to say “never mind” last night after a post threatening me. Forget that?

You’re a lying person.

But that’s cool- no problem with drinking and acting like a moron. Par for you.

PS

please text me your cell # and we can talk it out in person . I’d love to meet and greet since I’m such a small guy..

Will you DM your cell #? Will we meet?

Nope. Your sack is limited to the screen.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Semantics? ROFLMAO Hardly. Try FACTS. The FACT is that TC is over, so there's no more news to report on TC. Practices are closed to reporters now so there's nothing they can report.

5. Longsuffering88

Except there is news from the Jets practice all the time..

Here is one from today ——

Trumaine Johnson is in stretch. No helmet but I have not even seen him on the field in 2 weeks. Looks like a step forward. #nyj

Gee whiz.

This is the type of news the thread needs and expects ... Not folks arguing with each other over bullshit

As of today this Site is in terrible shape. No one seems to be managing this at all.

But yeah- semantics say TC is over

So go make a stupid opinion post instead of sharing actual news. Your opinion is better than actual Jets news.
    Not.

Lame

6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I haven't been drunk in years. And I also don't think I even replied to you yesterday. Hell. I may not have even visited the board. So I think you have me mistaken for somebody else bro. But that's okay, do what you gotta do.

#1126 pdxdrew, Aug 24, 2019
  7. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Bye Bye

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

TC is over.

Jets81 and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Meeting at Applebee's coming?

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Just giving that word sequence some probs.

Jets81 likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I read your post-script (whatever it's called!): Nina Mandell: Josh McCown is a national treasure and we should be grateful that he still is holding onto a career in the NFL.

On Josh, He's competing somewhere for a starting job (Bucs?). They showed his highlites from PS game 3 and holy shit he looked great! 2 pretty impressive TD passes.

That's all....

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm in the mood for a fight!!!!! DM me your phone numbers and addresses. I'm going to hand deliver some Training Camp news for you! :mad:

Seriously though guys........

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan, FJF and Jets81 like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh, little man is an internet tough guy. I better look out for some threatening DM’s to follow.

Bud, you can’t even quote the right person when you’re ranting like a schmuck. And I didn’t threaten you, as much as you clearly wish I did. I simply called you out for the jackass that you are, but you’ve already proven that you can’t distinguish an insult from a threat soooo..

Oh, and shouldn’t you have put me on ignore by now? “You’re a lying person”.

#1133 Jets81, Aug 24, 2019
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute: .weren't you two lovebirds the same tag-team pair that lectured people about how 'tanking is good' and how people "just don't understand how the draft works?"

Sad to see the catfighting. . Recruit from memory the good times and make up already...

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

RG3 and Michael Vick were not in Mahomes class as a QBs. They were more running QBs with strong arms. They would have designed run plays and at the first sign of trouble would take off. Mahomes, is mobile and can run, is more of a pass-first and second QB. He was known for creativity and keeping plays alive so he could pass the ball. He could run, and did on occasion, as evidenced by 22 rushing TDs and over 700 yards rushing his last 2 seasons, but he is a much better QB and passer than either RG3 or Vick. Mahomes has a very accurate, strong arm who can make throws from any arm position, and who is much better at seeing the field and reading Ds. I didn't see Murray play, so can't speak to the type of QB he is, although I have read that he has an accurate arm.

Texas Tech won as often as they did due to Mahomes. He carried that team. He had amazing arm talent, field vision, creativity, and mobility that was on display every game. The fact that some "experts" only had him ranked as a 2nd round pick shows how little "experts" know.

Using how many games a QB won in college is something that needs to be considered, but not to the extent to which you seem to take it. You have to look at the team the QB played on, what conference he was in, who they played, who his QB Coach/OC/HC were, etc. In Jones case, his collegiate HC was David Cutcliffe, who is one of the best QB coaches at the collegiate level. He coached both Peyton and Eli Manning. Other than the Mannings, he has never had a top flight QB to work with yet Cutcliffe gets his QBs playing at a high level. They understand how to play the position. As you may not know, Duke values academics first and foremost, and traditionally, they've been more of a basketball school rather than football. They play in the ACC and don't play easy schedules. Cutcliffe has had Duke in bowl games almost every year he has been the HC at Duke. I think that's something only 1 other HC in Duke's history has done, and you have to go back to the WW II era for that. Since Cutcliffe has been there they've had several players like Crowder make it in the NFL, but overall the talent level has not been like Clemson's or Alabama's. Jones isn't the freaky, natural talent that Mahomes is, but he's smart, knows how to play the QB position, and he won't beat himself very often. Since the draft, it has come out that at least one other team, if not two, would have taken Jones before the Giants did with their lower 1st round pick. Jones has been playing extremely well in Giants' TC and in preseason. Again, the fact that people trashed the Giants for taking Jones, just shows how ignorant some fans and "experts" can be.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He's with the Eagles but that quote was from his time with the Jets

Footballgod214 and abyzmul like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Dolphins are just giving up on the season. Ok by me.

themorey likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Jones would actually be an interesting add given Williams is running a lot of 3 safety looks in practice. I'd definitely look into signing him if he does get cut, I'm not interested in the other two guys.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Smart man Joe Douglas