Predict Darnold's 2019 Stats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The ball gets dropped onto the ground.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Last year, 16 QBs started all 16 games and then Brees started 15 until he was a healthy scratch to prep for the playoffs. A chunk of those who did not start 16 games were due to performance reasons/coaches decisions.

The emphasis against roughing the passer has severely reduced QB injuries. In all likelihood, 20+ QBs will be available to start every game, as they were last year. Projecting your favorite team’s QB to not be one of them is kinda just lame and unnecessarily pessimistic.

Jets81, Brook!, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So nothing? Thought maybe you saw something to make sam look fumble prone.

NYJFOREVER and Big Cat like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Except there not conflicting viewpoints, you just pretend they are. Anything that the majority says, you automatically say the opposite, whether you believe it or not. It’s how you stay relevant. Bravo, sir......bravo.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Where is the love button?

Brook! likes this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Holy mother fuck

We go from friendly predict stats to morons arguing nothing

Please shut the fuck up for once and just put down the goddam predicted stat lines

No one cares about your thoughts

Fuck I hate Jet fans

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nevermind...

#67 Jets81, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  8. Ralebird

Unnecessary to whom? And lame? How is one opinion any lamer than any other. By your stats there were sixteen teams that did have their starter in week one miss games the rest of the season. That's half if my math is correct. Darnold missed games last year, what is it that makes you believe that won't happen again? For anyone to turn a blind eye to the fact (if your numbers are correct) that half the QBs will miss games is ridiculous. Why should this guy be immune to those facts? Simply because you think it's "lame" and unnecessary? Seriously?

9. Ralebird

Hey, It's all guesswork on anyone's part. He fumbled four or five times last year with arguably a better OL and should be given a more complicated playbook this year. Nobody is claiming Center is a strong point for the team this year. He will have had zero game time experience with his prime RB this year, not even preseason.

28 NFL QBs had six or more fumbles last year and six of them had twelve each; why is anyone getting worked up about a very realistic prediction? Surely you're not expecting zero?

Why is everybody here wearing blinders when it comes to normal limitations of NFL quarterbacks; they miss games and they fumble. Unless it happened in the last 24 hours only a couple have even addressed games played or fumbles. That's not reality. Are you guys so superstitious that you refuse to face reality? Are you saying he won't fumble at all and won't miss a game? That's laughable.

#69 Ralebird, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  10. Ralebird

Horseshit. Nobody here is that important to me to post something I don't believe in.

Direct question to you: How many games will Darnold play and how many times will he fumble?

11. Big Cat

You predicted Darnold to miss 5 games. There were only 6 QBs that missed 5 games or more due to injury last year. That’s significantly less than half.

If you’re so jaded that you assume Darnold will do that this year then I honestly feel bad for you. Allow yourself to feel a little fucking optimism dude.

FJF likes this.
  12. Big Cat

Maybe because Darnold himself lost one fumble on a sack all year and it was in the last game? Not sure what you saw to make you think that total will skyrocket this year (despite missing 5 games...)

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think you’re the only one arguing last year’s o line is better. Osemele is a major upgrade over carpenter and kalil is an upgrade over Harrison. Better weapons, better o line and yet you think he will have the same yards and worse stats in the turnover dept.
    ok, bro. Good prediction.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Are we going to have a most annoying poster award this year?

I think I can make a prediction.

FJF likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The way the NFL counts fumble stats against a QB is moronic anyways. A botched snap is a fumble on the QB and a handoff dropped by Crowell is a fumble on the QB. Sam didn't actually fumble until week 17.

People wanna trash Darnold for his turnovers which is fine, but one of the things Sam fixed coming out of the draft was fumbling a lot. Look at the way he moves in and out of the pocket, he's always got two hands on the ball.

Ralebird, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  16. Ralebird

I don't need your "fucking" sympathy, "Dude." And I'll provide my own optimism when, and if, I feel like it's warranted. I've been riding this merry-go-round long enough to know that anything can happen in the NFL, especially with the Jets; that's not jaded, that's simply a different opinion than yours.

Your cornflakes have not been pissed in by me but I'm not sprinkling sugar on them either. You don't have to agree with anything I say, I don't need that, but to personally criticize me because our opinions differ is just plain stupid. Why are you so threatened by a different viewpoint that you feel you need to attack me personally?

Acad23 likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Skyrocket to average? My sources show four or five fumbles for him last year; middle of the pack for quarterbacks. I don't care whether they were on sacks, missed snaps, tough long snaps or botched handoffs. Why are you trying to make this about only one thing and why are you so insecure you can't simply read a differing opinion and understand that we all don't need to agree with you?

18. Ralebird

That's the thing about predictions, "bro," they don't mean a damn thing until the results are in. You can name all the names you want and guess what they'll do but I can also guess what will happen. The injury beast is out there, it's just a matter of who it bites. Ignore it at your own peril.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

16 games and maybe 2 legit fumbles, not botched snaps.

Anyway, keep doing what your doing. If this thread is any indicator, it’s still working.

20. Ralebird

Okay. I don't know why some guys find that so hard. The only problem I see is with your "legit" comment. That's not how the official stats are determined.