Poll: Who do you consider the face of the NYJ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Who do you consider to be the face of our franchise?

1. Sam Darnold

43 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Jamal Adams

36 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Leveon Bell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CJ Mosely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Adam Gase

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Other

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

:mad:.

All other faces are 0-for-infinity at bringing a VLT to the NYJ.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Darrell Green is STILL the first face I think of when I think of a Redskins player. In fact, the second face that comes up is Sean Taylor. And the third is Champ Bailey.

If I concentrate real hard, I can conger up Theisman, Dexter Manley, and Doug Williams.

#42 TwoHeadedMonster, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would say Jamal but Sam is probably one decent season away from grabbing it.

PabloJa and FrontOfficeFanatic like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No love for JB Smoove?

TonyFtLaud, PabloJa, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hey! I am not wrong. I am just telling you how it is. Sam is the face of the franchise, and we are lucky that he is. When the Jets are brought up, Sam Darnold is brought up. That is how it works. Especially if you are a good QB, which Sam is. We all love Jamal Adams and like I said, he is a close 2nd. Nice to have 2 high quality players to argue about though! :)

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol the owner is lying to be nice but a blogger on bleacher report is the authority.
    you are confusing great player or beloved player with face of the franchise
    every owner will tell you. remember when cam newton got interviewed and they asked if he had tattoos and such and told him he is going to be the face of the franchise if they draft him and they had to check and see what he's like. they don't do that with non QBs

hell madden even added in a face of the franchise mode for the one that just came out this month, and it requires you to be a QB
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/madden-nfl-20/Face_of_the_Franchise_Tips_and_Explanation

7. GasedAndConfused

who you think of and who is the face of the franchise at a given time are 2 different things. and washington has been pretty god awful with QBs. hell i couldn't even tell you who their face was for the past few years but i guarantee it's going to be haskins going forward unless he turns out to be complete garbage. the face of the franchise is a current player not past. like joe namath isn't our face, but he is clearly the most well known jet player ever

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao @ using Madden as evidence for anything. Hey man, just saying I lived near that shithole for 5+ years while they were both in their primes and I know how much of an impact Dawkins had on that community and that franchise. He held that entire team accountable, and was the most popular Eagle of all time. That's just not within the fanbase. One of the credentials for being a face of the franchise is public image, not just on the field production. That should be a given. Face of the franchise, think about it.

I guess the face of the franchise is the guy that puked and choked in the SB. :rolleyes:

Makes you think, do you really think in the haydays with Troy Polamalu was Big Ben truly the face of that franchise? Or was it another safety that played with his hair on fire, and an absolute role model to the people. Or was it that QB that forced himself onto a woman?

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. That's how it works.

A face of the franchise player is one of the team's best players, a superstar which = one of the team's highest paid players.

But please feel free to make a list of face of the franchise players that are not one of their team's highest paid players.

Enlighten me.

10. GasedAndConfused

i'm not saying dawkins didn't or wasn't great. or that he wasn't much more loved by the fanbase of the eagles. I'm saying that your experiance is based on the fact eagles fans are idiots and hated mcnabb and that you lvied near it so it's altering your view of it. mcnabb was the face of that franchise, even dawkins admits mcnabb was the leader. the owners loved him too. he took them to 4 NFC champ games and 1 SB. he gutted out playing on a broken ankle to throw 4 TDs. and lets not forget 4th and 26. all with shit WRs too. the whole offense was mcnabb and westbrook. dawkins was 1 elite stud on a team full of them on defense. mcnabb was the offense and again the face of the franchise. and later on a joke about puking on the field lol

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's Adams at the moment and will hopefully (most likely) become Sam.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He will be once he signs his next contract. He'll be one of the first QBs in line to sign after Mahomes signs whatever mega-deal he gets from KC.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The community soured on McNabb as time went on. You can make an argument on McNabb being one of the faces of the franchise but no doubt about it Dawkins was absolutely a face of that franchise. Like I said, being a face is also requires public perspective, do some research on Dawkins. Personally, I hate the idea that there can only be 1 face of a franchise.

Check your bold, your argument holds no weight, if you can't stay within the parameters of the argument. You did it again.

14. GasedAndConfused

trust me I know all about dawkins. he wasn't the face of the franchise though. he was the most beloved player among the fanbase. but wasn't the face of the franchise. it would be like saying chrebet was the face of our franchise. for as much as he was loved among fans and in the community the reality is he was just an OK WR with a great story and a great person who fans loved. Lots of great and HOF people were never the face of their franchise. The owners say it themselves and it's their franchise lol it's always the QB as long as you have a good one and every owner wants a good QB. why do you think MVP and even superbowl MVP pretty much always defaults to a QB. it's the biggest spotlight position in all of sports

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A football team can have multiple face of the franchise type people/players at one time.

Dawkins was a face of that Eagles team as was McNabb, Andy and Westbrook.

At this time for the Jets it's Adams on merit. Darnold is marketed as one of those guys but he hasn't done anything special yet.

If Darnold & Quinnen become the types of players we hope they become there's no reason why they can't join Adams as faces of this franchise.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Scott Dierking

FJF likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Louie Aguiar

18. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more and thanks! He is a natural leader and commands respect...we haven't had that since Parcells....maybe Ryan during his best years. We have leadership, direction and juice--the fan base should be optimistic and energetic. We finally have a foundation to build off of.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Caleb Schlauderaff

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I voted "other" because it's still Joe Namath.

Ralebird likes this.