Avery Williamson tore his ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 16, 2019.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Neither did Revis when it happened. Sometimes all it takes is the wrong type of knee angle and just the right amount of shock, ACLs are weird like that.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So shitty.... lined up next to Moseley made for some solid thumping in the middle of the field.... potentially the best duo since Harris and Scott :confused:

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Mosley wasn't in the game and Williams was calling the D ...that is why he was there.

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

One of the strengths of the team is the LB core... there are a few players that can step in and play maybe not as well but the fall off will not be great. Look at play of LB last evening they were all over the field and played well.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Well theres that old Jets saying "Theres Always Next Year" ....Our defense looks more and more suspect by the day,special teams is a complete disaster.We have missed 4 pats with two diffrent kickers..

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm with ya...

Fuck this season...w/o a kicker we're totally screwed.... :mad:

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Some have already alluded to this, but EVERY team faces this situation. All of them. It sucks and he will be missed, but the other guys simply have to step up.

I didn’t like the Lee trade when it happened for this EXACT scenario and that is what stings the most. Why didn’t they keep him for depth?!

rohirrim665 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Hewitt is the next man up. He always seems to be around the ball, but he's not Avery. Platoon Hewitt and cashman. I was so looking forward to Williamson & Mosley playing together.
    I just watched the game again and it didn't look like Avery was hurt to bad. He go up & walked back to the bench without a limp. At first I was worried, but after he started walking I was like thank God he looks ok......This sucks, but that's football. Definitely a poor decision to keep him in, he should have been out of there with the rest of the defense.:(

#68 BudJet, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    PennyandtheJets likes this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Now that I’ve had time to calm down

It’s going to be ok.

If you’re a team of 53 that’s going to fail all 16 games based on one defensive player, then you were destined to fail anyway.

This is horrible, I’m not saying it’s good.

But it’s not the end of the season.

Next man up. Maybe young players like Cash develop faster, and maybe it works out. Maybe not...

There was a time when Pats fans threw up in their mouths because Bledsoe got knocked out for the season. He was THE franchise. Worked out ok for them I think?

This shit happens in every sport.

No excuses. No bitching. Next man up.

It’s fucking football. Grow up, stop being a whiner.

Anyone looking to lay blame on CS is a pussy MMQB hindsight loser. I’ve done it so I’m not proud of it and I accept my stupidity.

Next man up

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He thought Williamson was Nolan Carol and Alosi'd him.....

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Pretty bold take considering almost every writer is questioning why he was the only starter on either side of the ball on the field for us in the second quarter of the second preseason game.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We always seem to get like
    So now Cashman is going to lead us into a dyntasy like Brady has done for the Pats? Sign me up.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Enough force in the right spot at the wrong time = ligaments ripping like wet tissue paper.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That is what writers do, create controversy. This is nothing like the Sanchez injury where the QB was susceptible behind a 3rd string O line. Injuries happen all the time and Williamson's injury could have just as easily happened in the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season with a full starting lineup in.

What about ACL and other injuries that happen in non contact drills before the first preseason game? Should we not have the players practicing for fear of in jury?

PennyandtheJets, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think the OC and DC should square off vs their counterparts in Madden, in the event of a tie, the HCs can play the tie breaker.....:D

16. BroadwayAaron

This injury wasn’t non contact and it didn’t happen in practice and it didn’t happen before the first preseason game so I’m not sure why this is relevant. But I’ll play along: players practice. That’s what they do. Generally starters don’t play with all backups in the second quarter of the second preseason game. That happened because the coaches chose for this to be the case. The two situations aren’t even remotely close and your comparison was a bad one.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Players get hurt in preseason. It’s called football. It’s a violent sport. There is no controversy

Ralebird and PennyandtheJets like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

So you don’t ask any questions when 10 out of the 11 players on the field were back ups?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They needed a veteran on the field to get the right players in the right spots. Every team does it in preseason

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and ironically he was in the wrong spot.

TonyFtLaud likes this.