Derrick Jones finally gets the boot...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 10, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What happened to EnunwaFan?

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

John Idzik says hello!

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Another poster claims Idzik did have scouting experience. Regardless he was awful.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't recall his being a scout, so I googled him. He assisted in player evaluations and was a Pro Personnel Assistant, but I don't see scout listed anywhere in his bio. Unless one or both of those positions involved scouting, I think you're mistaken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Idzik_Jr.

Early career[edit]
    Idzik began his career as a coach in 1982 when he was named the wide receivers coach at the State University of New York at Buffalo. In 1990, he moved on to become the offensive backfield coach for the Aberdeen Oilers (Scotland) of the British American Football League. He would become a graduate assistant coach at Duke University, where he assisted with the offensive line and running backs for the 1991-92 seasons.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers[edit]
    In 1993, he entered the NFL with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization and would go on to spend 11 years with the franchise, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant, being elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996, and became the Assistant General Manager in 2001. During his tenure, the Buccaneers would win their first Super Bowl championship in 2002.

Arizona Cardinals[edit]
    After his tenure with the Buccaneers, he spent three seasons working as the Senior Director of Football Operations for the Arizona Cardinals organization.

Seattle Seahawks[edit]
    Idzik joined the Seattle Seahawks organization on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik was in charge of overseeing player negotiations, the team's compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations. During this time, he also served as the club's primary liaison to the NFL Office and represented the club at league meetings.

New York Jets[edit]
    On January 24, 2013, the Jets named John Idzik the team's general manager.

5. NCJetsfan

Oh. My. God. SMH

6. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

You dont think before you post do you?

FJF and abyzmul like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ok, thought I saw evaluator in there. But he was and is a football guy and his resume shouldn’t have kept him from being hired. With the jets added to it though he shouldn’t get another gm job.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I hate it when a guy that hasn't earned his roster spot makes the team for no other reason of where he was drafted OR _____ reason.

The main reason I HATED it when Mark Brunell & Ed Reed were brought in. Matt Forte too who missed the majority of his two training camps here and sucked balls when he did play.

Knock McGuire all you want he's putting in the work, he's out there with the team trying to EARN his spot on this team. I can respect that 100%.

The bottom line is if Maye doesn't practice, if he doesn't play he doesn't deserve to make this team over a guy that's been out there battling for his spot since day 1.

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

There are so many things wrong with this, but the most notable one is that Maye wasn’t even occupying a roster spot at the time you made your first post. He wasn’t taking a spot away from ANYONE.

And by the way, he got activated today.

FJF and themorey like this.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

really dumb post bro.....reevaluate your stance and come back to us with something better

FJF likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

2017 was another BRILLIANT draft by Maccagnan. In THAT draft alone, he selected FOUR defensive backs, 3 receivers, and ZERO offensive linemen and defensive lineman. Hey, Mike, the game is not played exclusively outside the numbers. Seriously, how did a guy that cannot appreciate the value of quality players in the trenches get a job like that and keep it for so long????????

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I don’t know why I had defended Mac for so long. Cuz he got Darnold? I honestly think if we didn’t suck so bad to land us no brainer first round talent, Mac would have been as bad as Idzik. This team is where it is because of a decade of poor drafting.

NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'd rather see them keep Maye instead of McGuire. He's out there battling for his spot now that he is off the PUP and the other guy isn't earning anything by playing average at best.

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Lol you kidding me right?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure he does.

17. NCJetsfan

Seriously, guy? You'd keep a guy just because he's trying hard, even though who when he is healthy sucks, over a much more talented and better player just because he's injured at the moment? If so, thank God you aren't the HC or GM. You'd be pushing Richie Kotite for worst HC ever.

#37 NCJetsfan, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    CotcheryFan and Jets81 like this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

failed his physical lolol