Another Kicker Option To Replace Cat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Aug 9, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Ravens kicker Kaare Vedvik ignoring buzz of trade talk

In March, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked what he'd like to see out of backup kicker Kaare Vedvik. Harbaugh responded: For him to "kick well enough for us to trade him. That's kind of, I would say, the goal." Vedvik took a giant step toward that goal on Thursday night, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.

Vedvik connected on 4-of-4 field-goal attempts, including a 55-yard boot, in Thursday's blowout, a 29-0 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 25-year-old also nailed two PATs, and added two punts that averaged 55.5 yards.

The dual-threat kicker/punter would be in line for a roster spot on most teams. Baltimore, however, boasts Justin Tucker -- arguably the most talented kicker in NFL history -- and Sam Koch. The spots aren't up for grabs.

Vedvik is auditioning for the other 31 teams. The first audition went exceedingly well, but the booter insists he isn't worried about potential trade destinations.

"I don't really ever think about that," Vedvik said, via ESPN. "I'm focused on playing the game. That's it. Teams that are interested, they talk to coach, the head honcho. I'm just going to play the game."

The Chicago Bears will undoubtedly be the top team linked to any potential trade rumors. The Bears have Elliot Fry and Eddy Pineiro battling for the job currently. Both are unproven.

Vedvik too is unproven outside of preseason action. Last year he seemed to be on pace to land a roster spot somewhere but was assaulted in Baltimore and was hospitalized last September.

"It was a different emotional load to it, given everything that happened," Vedvik said. "It was something I've always done for fun, but this time it had deeper importance to it. I had to prove something to myself."

Mr mittens likes this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Say it louder for the people in the back, MATT BRYANT

K'OB likes this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Can Matt Bryant still handle kick-off duties? The Ravens already (conditionally) have our 7th rounder.

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Douglas's connection with the Ravens makes this interesting....

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's got a great name.

That's a sure sign of success.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Throw a 6th at them. We need a kicker would suck if we finally have a good year but miss the playoffs because of some fucking kicker lost us 2-3 games by missing xtra points and field goals smh

mrjet80 likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

They'll take a 2021 7th for a guy they're gonna cut anyway--as long as there's not a bidding war

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'll be surprised if the Bears don't offer up to a fifth round pick for him, given how desperate they are for a kicker (and how outraged their fans are about how the season ended last year). I can't see Douglas doing that for a team that doesn't have realistic Super Bowl aspirations.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Vedvik is a franchise kicker, he's worth a fifth easily. Even if he's Folk 2.0 he's worth a fifth. But how confident are you that he's actually going to be good?

10. GasedAndConfused

FYI he was traded to the vikings for a 5th rounder this past weekend

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Thread ender right here :D:D:D

12. GasedAndConfused

sadly yup. hopefully bertolet can perform. or we can grab matt bryant or blair walsh

K'OB likes this.