2019 Preseason Week 1: New York Jets @ New York Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 3, 2019.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Small correction, Favre did get to 2 SBs. Won one lost one.

2. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

God awful!!! Their was no reason to change. They hyped this thing up like it was the second coming. I laughed my ass off at the whole thing. Another fuck up by the Jets with help from Nike.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I actually liked them.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The uniforms didn't really pop to me. It was my wife's first time seeing them and her only comment was "they're pretty generic." Hard to disagree. It's like they were so afraid of a violent reaction to a bold design that they tried the most diplomatic choice possible.

The thing they remind me of most is in Madden 2001 or 2002, when you could move a team to a different location, it let you design a new uniform, and the result wasn't really all that custom. Mainly just a solid color with a solid stripe and a generic helmet. This uniform reminds me of that.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The helmet and jerseys looked really good. Nice, fresh, new look. The Jets needed that after the last decade. I agree with @abyzmul, the Jets did not want to go extreme and get a bad reaction, but I am fine with the plain look. I prefer to see that than some futuristic Buccaneers jersey. Kind of reminds me when the Vikings did their jersey change, it was basically the same, just more modern. That is what the Jets did, but with the 80's jersey, not the one from the last 20 years.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Your wife hit the nail on the head.

The new look is a low rez failure.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is very, very dramatic.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I really like the new uniforms especially the shade of green although green has always been my favorite color since childhood...

Aside from the uniforms my takeaways from this game are:

1. Sam Darnold looked terrific in his series. Siemian played well also. The Jets finally have a legitimate ( hopefully star ) starter and a legitimate back-up.
    2. Starting OL looked good ( even Harrison ) - I think KO really makes a difference - he looked super hyped.
    3. Catanazaro at this point won't make it to the regular season.
    4. Aside from Jamal the secondary looked pathetic. I know it was mostly third and fourth stringers who won't make the final roster but Douglas needs to work some magic to bring some
    more bodies in. Hopefully there is a cut or two from around the league that jives with a Greg Williams defense.

* As of now CB, K, OLB, WR, and OL are the weakest links in that order. With WR and OL it's the depth. (Of course after this season OL would move up the list considering Beechum will be a FA)

* I would really like to see what a legitimate EDGE/OLB would do for this defense. Hopefully Polite turns out to be that guy.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Who told Frankie Luvu that he could get a signature haircut?

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Has Catanzaro been cut yet?

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

really hope our terrible DBs don't cost us the season with every other team throwing on us for fun thanks in part as well to our non-existent pass rush - what we really need to do is draft Defensive Tackles forever.

12. NCJetsfan

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...-new-york-jets-preseason-opener-michael-nania

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Osemele (#70) is going to be one of my favorite Jets going forward!

Jets81 likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

man, he just annihilated that guy on the double team

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Luvu Longtime

15. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Me Luv u long time

NYJalltheway and abyzmul like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

That's what Osemele does. He's a beast on the field. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and keep playing at a high level for a few more years.

17. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I disagree about OL and WR. Douglas has already improved the OL by signing Kalil and trading for Lewis, who should be a very depth option at OG.

Our #4 WR projects to be Burnett who should be a pretty good 4th option. I think Bellamy can contribute in small doses as WR5 and in time I think Dortch could be a good option. I'm also hopeful that Jeff Smith can develop on the PS to contribute in a year or 2.

The secondary has seen a lot of JAGs coming in recently and they unsurprisingly blew assignments against the Giants. This position will probably have to wait for cutdowns for any realistic hope this year.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

Yo this is spot on

abyzmul likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Douglas did what he could for now. Lewis could have a role moving forward as in beyond this year but Kalil won’t. Next year a LT and C will be at the top of the list - the two most important positions on the line.

As for WR we’ll have to wait and see about Burnett. Robbie Anderson is the ? Here. He’ll be a FA. Is he a viable dependable WR who can do more than the simple go pattern? Enunwa is solid but injury prone. Who else is there right now other than those two and Crowder? Dortch as of now is more of a PR than a dependable WR. That could change of course as the preseason progresses. The WR position needs depth badly going forward.....

CotcheryFan likes this.