PFF ranks Jets Receiving Corps 29 out of 32

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Okay here's teams I would rank lower than the Jets: Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, Giants, Redskins, Titans, Seahawks, and Jaguars. The Cardinals with Fitzgerald in major decline and the Lions I would also add as on par with us. I am not in the mood to debate which of these exactly are better or worse but you can see how we aren't bottom 5 in terms of talent. We may not be much better than that, but I still think Robby makes a good jump this year (which PFF has commented on the possibility of that happening) and once Herndon comes back we got a lot of decent weapons thats missing a #1 WR.

FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

And can't forget to mention Le'Veon Bell who's more than just a RB. He's dual threat. And can put up 60-80 receptions any given season .

Darnold has Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Jamison Crowder, Chris Herndon & Le'Veon Bell to distribute the football to.

Say what they say about our receivers but one thing is a guarantee; this Jets passing attack will not rank "29th out of 32" this up coming season as Sam Darnold has weapons everywhere.

Mr mittens and LF911SC like this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm at the point in my life where all I care about is Ws & Ls.

None of this stuff matters.

And I still don't know who these guys are and why I should care what their opinion is.

cval, Red Menace and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ditto...

5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I never thought they'd be "unstoppable" but that said I will be the first to step up and admit I thought our WR's would be a lot better than they seemed last season. I was most especially disappointed in Pryor who I thought would really kick ass. Although to be fair I guess he did hurt himself.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Our WR's will rise or fall as far as Darnold and the OLine allows them.

Brook! likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. After reading that schlub's analysis of each team, there's nothing that suggests that any of those teams you mentioned should be ranked more highly than the Jets.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Obviously I wasn't mentioning you or any one poster, the collective was the recieving Corp last year was going to be one of the best in the league due to Pryor and Kearse being added to Q and Anderson.
    Injuries are unfortunate but our recievers have a history. Enunwa has had his share . Even in 16 when he managed to play 16 games, he missed 1/2 of the preseason due to concussion, all of 17, 1/2 of camp last year, then 2 games with the right ankle and the last 3 with the left ankle. Crowder has had his struggled with Injury issues too.
    Anderson last year but for all the shit he gets for being too skinny has held up well.

CotcheryFan and Red Menace like this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The problem with our receivers is Enunwa hasn't stayed healthy. Missed the 2017 season. Missed 5 games last year and didn't look super impressive. Anderson hasn't been consistent. And Crowder is serviceable but serviceable doesn't turn heads.

We just don't have any standout players.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think it’s better than 29th. PFF blows goats. It only gets on tv because that dickhead Collingsworth is an investor

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Number 1 WR's dont win super bowls happen plain and simple

azhar80 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"But it couldn't hurt!"
    - Randy Moss

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"What you talkin' 'bout, Burnz?"
    - Michael Irvin

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Absolutely... Patriots are in the Superbowl year in and year out. Every year they have mediocre WRs at best. Besides the year they had Moss, they always had a good QB, system, and personnel BALANCE.

The Jets on paper do not have a dangerous group, yet they are very balanced. Meaning every WR serves a purpose and can beat you at any given moment. If healthy we can have a real debate on who will have the best statistical year. We seen last year when healthy Enunwa was more than capable, towards the end of the year it was Anderson.

As someone mentioned earlier is that we have Herndon and Bell. So there is not a huge drop off, where a d coordinator can focus on 1 receiving threat. That is why balance will beat a team with only #1 WR, bcuz you have to account for everyone, and you cant cheat to any WR or part of the field.

IMO if the Jets play solid on Speacial Team they will be a playoff team barring major injuries... Speacial Teams? That's right.

FJF likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Deion Branch was no scrub...neither is Edelman.

Both were SB MVP's.

I'm not saying we need a #1...but it helps in more ways than just his yards.

Who wouldn't want a player like Jerry Rice on his team?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. azhar80

Nobody said they were/are scrubs... So IDK why u quoted me lol. How many yards would Edelman get on our Jet team, heck would he even be the #1 WR on our team? Edelman is solid, but he is a system WR.

Winning a SB MVP is great, but doesn't mean you are a great football player, or you had a great career. It means you had a really good game, ofcourse the most important, but its 1 game.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I get your point...but I still find it hard to think of Edelman & Branch as "mediocre".

My original assertion was that having a true #1 may not be necessary to win, it doesn't hurt.

That's all I was saying.

#57 Acad23, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  18. azhar80

Agreed ... #1 WR is a luxury, I rather have 3 solid Options vs 1 great option.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep.

I have no problem with our receiver corps. It would be nice to have a little more depth...if only because Robbie Anderson is 98lbs. wet and Quincy has been hurt.

I think Bell & Montgomery will soften up coverage for our wide receivers a bit.

azhar80 likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I shocked our WRs were rated that high. 99% of our own fans couldn't name 3 of them.

But on a good note, our WRs are ranked in the top 99th percentile.