Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 19, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I love Bell already.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look at you Mr Fancy pants. Well enjoy your VIP day then. :)

Ditto.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bell now knows Cimini is a irresponsible dick and calls him out. Next he will say he failed the test and was found naked in the locker room. Td Bell

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wonder how much money is tied to his salary if he gets a shit ton of retweets and replies on Twitter (talking Cimini)

#224 101GangGreen101, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Big Cat likes this.
  5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

Once you’re clean for two years, you’re removed from the stringent testing program. That two year mark passed for him a while ago ... all he has to do is be clean for a month, pass his annual test, and then he can get high as snoop

boozer32 and Big Cat like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Loved reading about the success of the offense. Hated reading about the D's inability to cover.

7. NCJetsfan

How many CBs can you name who were drafted in the 4th round have made significant contribution to their teams?

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So don’t ever address CB depth after round 3?

9. NCJetsfan

No, I'm not saying that at all, but one can often find a very good TE in the 4th round, and not so much with a CB. I think you go with the best player at a position of need at that point, and it's possible that Wesco is better than any CB we could have drafted at that point.

There were 5-6 CBs that Mac could have signed, and should have signed (or at least tried) in FA and didn't. I wanted him to either sign two FA CBs or sign one and draft one. I'm actually more upset that Poole was the only FA CB he signed, than his not taking a CB instead of Wesco. In addition, he quite possibly could have traded down in the 1st, added a 2nd round pick and then drafted a CB or a C. I'm more upset about that than his taking Wesco over Isaiah Johnson, at least at this point. If Johnson develops and turns into a stud CB and Wesco is just meh, then I'll be upset.

Is there a CB that you think the Jets should have taken instead of Westco? I liked Isaiah Johnson's potential and wanted the Jets to draft him. I was disappointed they didn't. I think Johnson has a lot of potential. He's fast and has only been playing CB a couple of years. As a former WR, he should have a better understanding of routes than a lot of CBs, and he supposedly is a hard worker, fast learner and has progressed rapidly. If you're upset that the Jets didn't draft him, then I can understand that.

The thing is, I also liked RB Tony Pollard, OG Ben Powers, RB Benny Snell Jr., and TE Foster Moreau of LSU. I hoped prior to the draft that the Jets would have been able to draft 2-3 of those players in the 3rd - 6th rounds. As it turns out they all went in the 4th round, so that would not have been possible.

I had never heard of Wesco before, but have to hope that the scouts and Mac knew more than I do. At this point, I like what I have read about him, and the footage I've seen of Wesco, and I think he could potentially be a very good #2 TE for us. Another reason I can't get too upset about taking Wesco, is having him on the field, is like having another OL on the field, and our OL needs all the help it can get. He's supposedly an even better blocker than Moreau, and that's why I wanted Moreau.

The only other CB taken even remotely close to the Jet's 4th round pick is Amani Oruwariye. I hadn't seen him play but read a couple of reports that said that he had stiff hips, so I wasn't really high on him.

We just have to hope that Wesco works out better than Johnson, Pollard, Snell Jr., or Moreau.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Maccagnan: what about Westco?
    Jet scouts: never heard of him.
    Maccagnan: sounds good, let's draft him.

PabloJa, boozer32 and Footballgod214 like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His 2 year mark is Aug 20th of this year. He would have ended last Aug but since he was not in the league, time stops on his requirements and begins upon resigning. I believe he would only face 4 games though, part of the agreement between the league and Players association from his last suspension when it was reduced.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Pads today. Time for fights and injuries.

twown and Footballgod214 like this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sam's gonna pick up Quinnin over his head and body slam him. "Welcome to the NFL rookie". OK, probably not

NYJFOREVER, TonyFtLaud and Jets81 like this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Bell flashing his abs today.

Completely different atmosphere in camp. It’s almost electric.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

McCown is here hanging with Gase.

They legit have a DJ performing.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I have several jerseys hanging on a sign which is hanging on the front of the VIP bleachers.

The video and photo people are loving it.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Pics or it didn't happen. Text me the pics though. Lol.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Okay. They are scrimmaging and the QBs are wearing same color jerseys as offense.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I don’t really care what they wear though, as long as they keep lighting up the defense.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Cancel the season