Baker Mayfield goes after Giants fans

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jul 17, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

only you have one defending a bad comment lol doens't make him a bad QB. ODB is a top 3 WR but still a dick bag. baker is being a dickbag too. some players are dickbags

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

English please.

3. GasedAndConfused

that's racist

4. GasedAndConfused

also baker isn't done with the crazy talk. this came out today

Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield doesn't sound like he regrets any of his back and forth last season with former Browns head coach Hue Jackson, who spent the latter part of last season as a special assistant to then-Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis after the Browns fired Jackson, Dave Clark of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

in an interview with ESPN's Mina Kimes, Mayfield acknowledged that he particularly enjoyed beating the Bengals last season with Jackson on the Cincinnati sideline.

From Kimes:

Would a so-called franchise quarterback clap back on social media? Probably not. But Mayfield doesn't regret it. "I said what I meant," he says. "Don't stand up in front of us the week before and try to tell us you're doing everything for us, then go take a job with a team we play twice a year. It was one of those honesty and respect things." The quarterback says he didn't mind the blowback, though it did bother him when people said he was disregarding Jackson's need to earn a living, given that his former coach was still getting paid by the Browns. I ask him if he relished beating the Bengals last season. "Absolutely," he says. "I'm not gonna lie to you and say that the first time I played Hue did not feel good. It's human nature to want to get revenge."

Jackson, who said last week that he thinks he can coach again in the NFL and suggested that his time with the Browns was probably some of the best coaching he did, was asked Thursday on The Herd With Colin Cowherd whether he was bothered personally by Mayfield's remarks.

"It doesn't bother me personally. I've been in the NFL for a long time and seen a lot of different ways of people handling things. He has to do what he feels he needed to do and that's how he’s handled it. Everyone is going to handle things differently and that's how he chooses to make sure he's ready to go and ready to play. The Browns weren’t playing Hue Jackson, the Browns were playing the Bengals."

5. TonyFtLaud

How many giant fans do you actually think will stop watching football over Mayfields comments?
    If anything, there will be more football fans watching the Browns. Either to watch them have success, or hoping to see them fail.

6. TonyFtLaud

LMAO.

7. TonyFtLaud

That's in the article from 2 days ago from the OP, and the "crazy talk" was immediately after the Bengals game last year. Not today....

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Imagine the field day the NY Media would have with Baker...

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We saw it play out from 2009 to 2014.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Until the Browns actually win, nobody outside of a small market gives a crap about Cleveland. If the Browns don't win 10 games this year and make the playoffs Mayfield looks like the jerk he has always been.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

English is not a race, it’s a nationality.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

The Browns can go 17-0 and win the Super Bowl and he will still be viewed as a jerk.
    He's a douche of a person. That perception won't change with wins and losses.
    Outside of that small market, the Browns are currently being hyped nation wide. Over hyped actually. But that still doesn't impact the revenue stream of the NY Giants or the league.
    Let's face it,Brady is probably the most hated player by NFL fans, he continues to dominate the league and win Super Bowls yet league revenue has never been higher.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The dude is a Cleveland Brown.:rolleyes:

Sheesh what a annoying prick.

I get being confident and all that other stuff but this dude is becoming flat out annoying & unlikeable to me.

Almost makes me want to root for the Steelers to take that division again.

14. GasedAndConfused

um no. the "crazy talk" was in reference to that but he kept going on about it the same day i posted it in another interview

15. GasedAndConfused

it was a joke. i guess i should have added the /s

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

OB-Gay tries to one-up his new teammate Baker Mayfield by giving one of the biggest douchebag interviews I've seen in a long time.

Odell Beckham Jr,, Unguarded
    by GQ
    https://www.gq.com/story/odell-beckham-jr-interview-august-2019-cover

On how he felt "disrespected" for not getting enough love in NY...

"I felt disrespected, because I felt like I was a main reason at keeping that brand alive. They were getting prime-time games, still, as a 5-and-11 team. Why? Because people want to see the show. You want to see me play. That's just real rap. I'm not sitting here like, 'It's because of me.' But let's just be real. That's why we're still getting prime-time games. I felt disrespected they weren't even man enough to even sit me down to my face and tell me what's going on."

I'm pretty sure if you say "I was the main reason" you can't follow it up the very next sentence by saying "I'm not sitting here like, 'It's because of me."

--

The article had all the cliche douchebag tactics:

1) The classic douchebag fake retirement- He thought about retiring because he didn't feel respected enough.
    2) The victim playing- He thinks it unfair that he gets judged harsher than another douchebag, Rob Gronkowski.
    3) Contradicting himself- He said he hates that the NFL is becoming more about a business than the sport. But then later talks extensively about his "brand" and his instagram followers.
    4) Talking about "brand" and social media followers- 'Nuff said

An extremely high number of I's, and Me's. Oh, and he took a photo in a dress/skirt thing. enjoy

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Browns are an irrelevant small market town with a tiny QB. Nobody cares if they fail or succeed.

18. TonyFtLaud

Now market size dictates relevance.
    News flash, Jets play in one of, if not the largest markets and we haven't been relevant in 50 years.
    Now please tell me how the little, irrelevant QB, that nobody cares about, has hurt the NFL and the players financially as you stated. As usual, you make an argument you can't back up, and try to change the narrative.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He continues the narrative that the NFL is filled with douche bags that are essentially trailer park trash. Homeless people don't have the cash to buy jersey's and season ticket.

There's a reason the NFL tries to promote players who are of high caliber and high quality. They bring in corporate sponsorship that's the life blood of ever NFL team.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I will say when the Jets are good (Parcells years, Rex's first couple of years) the league is quick to give the Jets a lot of prime time games. You are right the Jets haven't been relevant for a long time for the obvious reasons. The league would love to have the Jets in prime time every year being a big market NY team that brings in high ratings when they are good.

Biggs likes this.