2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Laine is worth giving up prospects for that’s how much of a sure thing he is.

Big, fast and can score at the ripe old age of 21.

JetBlue likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Lou wasn’t willing to give up prospects for a rental but any proven player he can bring in and get under contract he will likely give up a prospect or two. Laine would be great, and there seems to be a lot of smoke around Gusev which I think is the more likely trade to happen.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I take it back, I saw the box where it says isles get and Montreal gets, sounded like a trade happened.

#2883 Red Menace, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  4. JetBlue

Did that happen? Eyes in Isles proposed it but it seemed like their typical vomiting of ideas.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sick of all the rumors just pull the trigger already or make the offers,,,,,I like Ehlers,,,,,,,,Would take Laine but like Marner better even if we give up picks,,,,,make the deal Lou get it done

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Big news on the arena front. They’re going to open a full time LIRR Elmont station on the Main Line, making the arena directly accessible from both the west (Penn, Brooklyn, Jamaica) and more importantly the east. It will be able to handle 12-car trains. The developers will eventually pay $97 million of the $105 million price tag. It’s not perfect (access from the east won’t be available until 2023, and you’ll have to take an electric shuttle to the arena from the station), but it will hopefully ease some of the game-time traffic.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If you go over to http://www.islandermania.com and check the business section where the Belmont thread is. Lots of good information on the arena situation especially the last few pages. According to some 7/18 is the day shovels meet dirt. If not that day it should around that time. This is a done deal

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Until they get ONE BIG NAME player to come here I believe this is going to be painful for us. I have said it too many times to count, you need to get a BIG NAME guy to come here and THEN that might open the flood gates. Until that happens and this team becomes attractive it won't matter who the coach or GM is. This is why I wanted them to trade for Stone or someone else at last years deadline. To think that this exact same lineup will achieve different results come playoff time is the definition of insanity. If anything this team might do worse than last season as we snuck up on some people early on and won some games we might have lost, that won't happen this year. I will root for this team as I bleed the colors but to go into this season with the same roster and expect better results just has me shaking my head as I don't understand how we can beat the bigger faster better teams with this lineup ? The season is not here yet and Lou can still make moves but WHEN ? The arena is 3 years away and Barzal will be a memory by then

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

schedule is out and YUCK as The Islanders do not play the Rangers until January and then they play them 3 times in 2 weeks . WTF is that ????????? hating it , these games should be spread out over a few months

matt robinson 17 and stinkyB like this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I noticed they don't have to many Sat night games which sucks for me as I make the trip from NJ. Most of their Sat games are afternoon. I wish they had more Sat night games at Nassau.

13. JetBlue

And Gusev to the Devils, which pretty much is a wrap on rumored players to the Isles.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Bad offseason for the team. I see real possibilities of them taking a major step back next year.

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

17. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

actually, the opening season is '21-22. it has since been corrected.

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Isles fans! Pretty cool.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Some douchebags are sure to sue somebody to overturn the decision. Probably won't work but will delay the whole deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.