You think Adam Gase will learn from his mistakes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No more nonsense than the dumb idea that because he was fired he did something wrong.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no. usually people get fired for making mistakes. people don't usually try to get fired on purpose

---

I don't really see the point in being an apologist here. I am encouraged by Gase, too.

There's no need to come up with a wacky conspiracy theory. He made mistakes in Miami, hopefully he learns from them. people can learn from their mistakes

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There is no need to blame employees for getting fired by bad management. It's an insult to employees who are fired every day for poor management. You haven't come up with 1 mistake that Gase made as a Head Coach that was deserving of being fired.

Deutsche Bank laid off thousands of people across the globe yesterday. Guess what the employees are being fired because upper management screwed up not because the employees didn't do their jobs.

There are a handful of Head coaches in NFL history who have retired without being fired. There are literally 100's of owners who have come and gone who have been the head of completely mismanaged franchises who constantly scape goat the people they hire for their mismanagement.

I guarantee you when the HR departments of poorly managed companies who are firing employees in mass call them in they aren't blaming the employees for their failure. NFL owners rarely do what Hess did and take responsibility for benign neglect. Ross is the problem in Miami.

#103 Biggs, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

what are you talking about? I listed 3 of them in this very thread...

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I mean a real reason. You haven't responded to the 5 head coaches in 5 years including two mid-season. Gase was hired to win now. He did when he had a healthy QB. He couldn't win with the roster and QB that was in Miami after year 1. There is no legitimate reason other than the whim of the owner.

So now your beef is with Jets ownership for hiring him. You haven't seen one season and you're attacking him.

Reality is Gase will probably suck just because. Until I see it with my own lying eyes, I think this thread is a steaming pile of horse shit.

6. BrowningNagle

OK.

Hey @Brook! you might as well shut down your own thread. "You think Adam Gase will learn from his mistakes?"

the answer is Adam Gase never made ANY-

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He may have but you have no clue what they are. Everyone makes mistakes. You have simply made charachterizations. In games against the Jets I've seen Gase go 5 and 1.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hundreds of owners?

That seems a bit exaggerated...

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It goes on in every sport.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Even the Mets?

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Even the Knicks.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh noes...! :confused:

13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I agree we should sign Clayborn and get some competition at center, but Harrison is not all that bad. He gave up 0 sacks in 8 games & Sam played his best football with Harrison as center against pretty good defensive teams. I'm not going to get on Douglass for not signing anyone because there isn't anyone worth signing. I think his best bet would be trading for someone

FJF likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO Tannenbaum was part of the problem, not part of the solution.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

My take is Ross wanted to win now. Tannenbaum is a contracts lawyer. They wanted to bring in established players in FA. Tannenbaum was clearly part of the problem but I think Ross hired him for his skill set in dealing with FA contacts and cap manipulation.

Tannenbaum engineered some very splashy FA signings.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Thats been Tannenbaum’s MO forever.He always wants splashy moves & lacks long term stamina.Seemed pretty clear thats what went on w him in Miami & that he had Ross’s blessing.

He has an incredible skillset as a negotiator,contracts,creative trades & executing on all of the above. But unless hes w a team thats been built the right way & is ready to make a major push within a 2-3 year window,his philosophies are not sustainable.

I think in the right situation where hes empowered to do what he does well but isnt the one picking the players or constructing the roster he’s a major asset. He gets deals done.They just arent always for the right player.

FJF and CotcheryFan like this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The eyes have it!

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Objectively speaking he did a good job as a coach and OC with very minimal talent in miami. I think he can be a really good coach here and great for darnold as well.

19. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as hope he can. Just give him the benefit of the doubt.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I easily see that happening. We will blow buffalo out and ill be tight there

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.