CBS Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Jun 20, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So I've been Commish of my Fantasy league for about 15 or 16 years and we have used nothing but Yahoo, but man, I can't take that website anymore. Compared to what is out there and the customization that other sites offer it seems like a no brainer to switch.

I've used CBS before but is it possible to use CBS without dropping the $149.99 on the website fee? Does the $149.99 give you anything special in terms of customization?

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

we used CBS for FFB for over a decade... prob starting around 2003. Site was convenient and easy to use, but my buddy was the commish and he started it all, so I dont really know what to compare it to (I once did a free espn one, and that was definitely worse)... being able to make your own frontpage stories bashing everyone one was fun.

but I dont know what it's like now, as few years ago I finally said fuck fantasy football... and dont regret it (I did win a few times and top 3 others.... it bought me some plane tickets to hawaii ;)

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I've never used CBS, but I'd imagine they would have a free version if you handle the league dues outside of the website. I've used ESPN the last 5-6 years for fantasy. I like their stat comparison and layout better than Yahoo.

4. dawinner127

yeah we have always handled dues outside of the website, but I couldn't find anything in regards to how much more customization you get when paying the website fee. We have a 14 team league so it is only an extra $10/person so not to crazy.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hopefully those extra features are worth it, because you can probable get similar features among the numerous free sites. It sounds like Yahoo is making a money grab.

6. dawinner127

100% worth the extra money. You can configure anything and everything you want. I am in disbelief with the amount of options I am getting as Commish. I'm like a kid in a candyshop. It just sucks that we vote on everything in my league and I can't just force changes.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I had CBS commish for years. The only thing the 149$ gets you is for CBS to remember your league history and you get some fantasy draft swag (draft board, all eligible player' names as stickers, etc..).

We switched to ESPN and I was able to copy my league settings to ESPN without any issue.

8. dawinner127

I am very anti ESPN so I didn't even check their platform/options because I think the design is abysmal in terms of layout and maneuverability. CBS allows you way more customization (than yahoo) in terms of how you want your playoffs set up, 2 schedules/week vs 1 schedule/week, and certain scoring. You can also do FAAB where players count for salary opposed to a 1x fee of spending $X.XX on a player.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Espn is by far the worst one I've ever used. (Besides MFL, but that's specifically for dynasty)

dawinner127 likes this.