You think Adam Gase will learn from his mistakes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 5, 2019.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

This guy knows his stuff. A realistic Jet fan. If the Jets make the playoffs I will be shocked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and dmw like this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

What mistakes?? LOL

seriously, gase could implode just as easy as explode onto the NY scene with a 9-7 record. while its very unlikely 9-7 will be the 2019 record, i do think its going to be a 7-9 job which will be a good year.

of course the real test comes in 2020.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Claiborne has offseason surgery and could not pass a physical in the heart of the free agent period. Now, if I was him, I would wait to sign and see if anyone gets injured and maybe I get a few offer. If I am a gm, at this point I am waiting to see exactly what I have during camp before I reach out to him. That’s how you develop draft picks.
    As for C, same theory. Sam has his best streak of games with Harrison starting, why wouldn’t I want to see more before I go spending capital on a replacement. Turn off madden bro, this is real life.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

We lost 8 games by one score or less a year ago with Bowles KC Bates and Darnold a 20 year old rookie.

Or will be tough, it's not close to impossible

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'VE LEARNED A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Good points! It's inexplicable that Mac didn't get a C or CB in the offseason when the team was and still is desperate to fill those positions.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Getting fired by Miami wasn't a mistake it was planned. Ross became majority owner of the Dolphins after the 2009 season ended. Gase was the 5th head coach hired since Ross became the majority owner before the 2015 season. 2 Head coaches were fired by Ross in season. Adam Gase was fired on December 31st. The Jets announced his hiring on January 11th.

Gase engineered his firing. Gase came in here and it was obvious in short order that Mac was a clown. Gase has had more positive impact on the Jets in one offseason than any coach other than Parcells.

Gase is a very bright young coach. He had a crappy record with a crappy roster with second string QB talent.

He hasn't coached a game here yet. Is there any coach or decision maker you won't criticize based on absolutely zero knowledge. There will be plenty to criticize once the season is half way over. Knocking Gase because a couple of mediocre players on a bad team were bitching isn't one of them.

8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Madden, meanwhile the Jets SUCK and have for almost a decade now? Stop trying to use words you don't understand. We need to stick to facts. And the fact is if this team does not get a cornerback, I guarantee this defense will not touch 15. More like high teens to 20 something.

9. NYJ1970

I have no problem speaking to you, you're a good poster. You tell it like it is and you don't hold back. I respect that.

With that said, of course they'll add to a 4 win season. There's almost no way the Jets could possibly be worse. But I know you can see plain as day what I'm saying.....

The Jets are currently guaranteed to miss the playoffs yet again so long as they go into the season with GAPING holes at Corner and Center.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Most of the teams in the playoffs last year didn't have top 5 or even top 10 defenses. There were two good defensive teams in last years playoffs. The Bears and Baltimore.

The Pats had the 21st ranked D last year. The Rams were ranked 19th. No doubt we need help at CB and on the OL. The Jets can make the playoffs without a top 10 D. Most playoff teams in the NFL don't have a top 10 D. They win the field position game they score TD's in the red zone and keep teams out of the end zone in the red zone. Plenty of mediocre teams are in the playoff hunt in the NFL up until the last game of the season. Plenty of mediocre teams make the playoffs. Most games are decided by less than a TD. There are lots of ways to both win and lose games in the NFL.

A smart team that can scheme and take away what other teams want to do can win in this league without shutdown CB's. It's a much tougher proposition but it is done all the time.

Facts are you have to be real good too great to get through the playoffs and win a SB. You don't have to be real good too great to make the playoffs.

11. Bingo.

Also,what Dolphins HC since Shula,has left Miami w.o being portrayed as incompetent & steering a sinking ship,when being shown the door?

Seriously.Jimmy Johnson,Dave Wannstadt,Nick Sabine,Joe Philbin,Cam F’ng Cameron..go down the line.

I actually thought Gase did a pretty decent job w the cards he was dealt. His work in personnel was bad..but in terms of having his team prepared & scheme, they were on the right track.

NYJetsO12, Ptflea2 and LF911SC like this.
  12. NYJ1970

This post makes no sense. You think you are talking me down when I'm fact you're proving my point. The Jets offense will sure as hell suck yet again. The Jets bread and butter for years has been their defense. If they don't have an excellent defense they'll NEVER make the playoffs.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We finally get rid of Hackenberg and now we get this.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Pessimism, unlike depression is rewarded by results. Why would I want to take your joy away by talking you down?

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Speaking of using words you don’t understand, your guarantee is not a fact. It is very much an opinion by definition.
    Now I am concerned about corner depth but if they stay healthy I think the shortcomings can be schemed around. If Williams can scheme some decent blitzes, A gap should be open all day with the Williams’ up front and both Adams and Mosley being good blitzers . Pool on the slot blitz was effective in Atlanta, no reason to believe that will be different. There’s enough potential and actual talent to make this defense more than adequate for a playoff contender. Every team in the league is going to run out a few guys that they will be cringing about the night before the game. It’s on the coaches and other players to pick up the slack.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you had too much twisted tea Biggs.

Gase didn’t try to get himself fired, that’s nonsense

Ralebird likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

These posts are so dumb it's painful.

18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Actually this makes no sense. Rex, Mangini, Herm aren't here a offensive HC is in charge.

19. Maybe trying to get himself fired is too strong but it seems pretty clear there were some major rifts in that building that were gonna blow up sooner or later..

Look at the way Tannenbaum skipped town & he was just the contract guy..

LF911SC likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Tony Sparano, RIP, was a fucking madman celebrating field goals though. Just putting that out there.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.