2019 NBA Free Agency (Durant to Nets!, Kawhi to Clippers!)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 27, 2019.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

There is a stench of negativity & dysfunction permeating from the Garden, and as long as James owns the team I don't see how that smells goes away.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Dolan didn't want to max out Kyrie and KD due to health concerns, so they went to Brooklyn - that is one hell of a gamble.

Perry has his work cut out, I think if he's allowed to stay on the path it's going to end well. But we're talking about a 4 year rebuild here, there is no light in the tunnel right now

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Kawhi to Lakers would be seriously fucked up

I hope he stays in Toronto

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think it would be great for him to go to the Clippers. They're a great team in need of a leader. He wants to be in L.A. It's perfect.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Not at all. How do you know Kyrie goes to the Nets if Durant didn't go? You dont know that, and there have been rumors for every player with every team, people were saying just a few days ago Kyrie was mulling the Lakers and clippers, how do you know he didn't follow Durant because Durant told him he is going to Brooklyn?

You are making baseless assumptions based on rumors, in which there were litteraly rumors for every player to go to every team, so you pick the ones that fit your narrative.

Maybe Durant never wanted to go to the knicks? No one knows, all the rumors about him going to the Nets were supposed to be false, turns out they weren't, but perhaps the knicks rumors were completely made up and started by people like Stephen A Smith who wanted Durant to go to the knicks.... But I highly doubt you know the true story, please, he may have been eyeing Brooklyn the whole time, you have no clue.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. NYJalltheway

So Soxxx when did you buy that sniper?

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the Knicks fans, but the Knicks deserve this 100%. They thought they could just tank for Zion, and then have Durant come to them because they are the team that plays in MSG....well it failed massively.

Meanwhile the Nets who made a terrible trade years back that haunted them, rebuilt and tried to actually win games, and get better. Now they get rewarded, its a big slap in the face of the Knicks, the Nets are the only team in NY that matters now and rightfully so.

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

??????

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Russell who was rumored to go to the Lakers, goes to Warriors.

I wonder why the Lakers didn't sign him.....oh wait.

10. NYJalltheway

I just loved your previous post about KD going to Brooklyn lol

11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

As a lakers fan i must say if KL takes long and then doesnt sign with us he kind of fucked us , the good roster building players are getting signed everywhere.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind that KD signs with the NYK if he doesn't get hurt. He lost all leverage with the Kyrie and picking the destination the moment he went down. There was no way he was going to sign with them without reassurance from another superstar that they would team up in MSG.

I'm happy for the TRUE NETS fan. The ones that will come out of the woodworks like they did after the KG & Pierce trade, those are the ones that will make this miserable as a Knicks fan.

FJF likes this.
  13. dawinner127

It would ruin basketball for me once again. 4 years of Miami. 5 years of Golden State. Now if KL goes to the Lakers? I can't watch this shit anymore.

Brook! likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It doesn’t matter what is true, perception is what will dictate his legacy. And no matter how you argue otherwise , the easiest thing to determine is he followed kyrie to Brooklyn.

15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Perception? Ive yet to hear anyone say he followed him, like I said, you can pick a narrative and run with it, and support it with whatever you want to support it with.

16. NYJalltheway

I understand your frustrations. If he goes to the Lakers, they've got to be favorites sure, but wasn't the Warriors winning again this year a forgone conclusion? I heard over, and over on sports talk shows, and radio how the playoffs were exciting (while they were going on) but we all knew how it would end anyway.

Well it didn't end that way.

Also I know AD, and Lebron are great players, and I know they were the only truly good players on their teams last year, but they both couldn't even come close to the 8 seed. Doesn't that say something? How many games did this new big 3 you're so afraid of miss also?

On top of that, what kind of bench will the Lakers have? That's not irrelevant. They play too. Look at the Bucks, and Raptors this year. They had good starting units, but both had excellent depth, and had the 2 best records in the league.

Kawhi to LAL would not be nearly as bad as KD to GS a few years ago.

17. dawinner127

I mean sure, if everyone gets banged up then yeah, it changes the landscape of the entire thing. It is not good for basketball if those three are together - Just like it wasn't good for basketball when Miami was formed and when GSW was formed when KD was added.

I think KL to The Lakers is absolutely on the same level as KD going to GSW.

18. NYJalltheway

Yeah man I've gotta back up Sox on this one. Everyone knows they've been talking about teaming up for a long time. Just because Kyrie to the Nets got leaked first does not mean that he made it official first, and KD followed suit.

Even if your theory is true, Kyrie isn't even a true #1. The Nets with Kyrie, but not KD are not a top 3 seed in the East. So it's not exactly a coward move this time from KD to go there. Plus what was he going to do? Stay with the fractured relationship he had in GS? Everyone knows he's only loyal to himself, and no team. Was he going to the Knicks who clearly didn't even want him? Lol.

19. NYJalltheway

So do you think the Lakers would be like the new villains if you will of the league?

I have a hard time hating on Lebron for taking the risk he took.

20. dawinner127

Without a doubt.

I never hated the GSW before Durant went there. I enjoyed watching them when they (Steph and Klay) made their first real impact in the playoffs and took the Spurs to 6 in 2013 in the WCF. The moment KD decided to go there, they became a huge villain in my eyes.

Brook! and NYJalltheway like this.