17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Brooks is a STH:
    Glad you got what you wanted. I could tell you didn't want to deal with Stubhub and wanted to commit. Row 23 blows and you cant tell shit when the balls on the other side of the 50 but that's the only way to pay $45 a game. The majority of people in your section will fans of our game day opponent so be prepared for that and comes December most likely others around you will pay half of what you did. Not trying to negative, just letting you know what to expect.

#19841 sec314, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks sir. I know I will sit with different folks every week but that's OK. $45 for kind of sideline tickets is good in my book.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  4. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

They will never negotiate with the small people spending $450. Try to buy a Suite partnership or 4 Coaches Club seats, then they’d maybe have interest in hearing your proposal. $450, you’re wasting your time and only insulting yourself here.

5. Brook!

Dude. Not cool. You really are crossing a line here but I am willing to let it go but if you really are trying to be funny try not to insult people doing so.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? Where’s the insult? He’s on point

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. Brook!

His point is valid but small people?

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't know IF they will NOW but I can say from MY own experience that they absolutely gave me other options and DID Negotiate with me in the past after saying " we don't do that " and flat out lying to me too many times to count-----I was relocated and moved a few times when I was previously told it could not happen again too many times to count-----> so never say never.

9. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

I’m trying to be realistic. Anyone spending that amount compared to suite deals and club seats are small people. Let’s call it what it is. They lowered ticket prices. The get in price you’re getting is unheard of in pro sports in 2019. Not to mention those seats in your section are going well above market value on StubHub and will continue to do so with this schedule. Nickel and diming for more when you’re already getting a pretty justifiable deal is a waste of everyone’s time.

Maybe next year upgrade to the club and propose the new offer.

10. Brook!

Okay maybe it is my bad English. Can you define small people for me in simple English? To me it is an insult. But maybe I am wrong.

11. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Okay:

-Abraham owns two seats in section 114. He paid a $60k PSL and $14k annually for his seats.

-Moses owns a half season suite partnership where he invites all my disciples to the games. Generally if we have a game during Christmas Eve, the suite is unused. He spends $190k per year.

-Jacob owns two upper prime seats where he takes his neighbor Abigail who grew up a Raiders fan. He spends $1900 a year with no PSL.

-Mary owns one seat near you in the same section.

Jacob and Mary are the little people. It’s a business. Time is money. No business is spending their time counting pennies and using their time to do so. They will put those resources toward the retention and generation of new revenue for the bigger fish. I’m not insulting you, I’m once again telling you like it is.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

Okay. Now I get it. :) Treat me nice now that I am in God’s country with my seat at Metlife. Lol

13. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

But to answer what I think you’re asking, no, I’m not viewing Brook as one of the little people. It’s relative to what the consumer spend is on the product. If I owned the seat next to you, I’m one of the little people as well, again, compared to the consumer spend as a whole.

You’re ahead of me, I don’t own a seat. I have to spend my time fixing all of the sins of everyone on this board. I’m lucky I get to watch games on Sunday. THAT SHOULD BE MY DAY.

14. Brook!

Okay. Here is my story. I always did stubhub 3-4 regular season games a year for the past 6-7 years. This year I decided to give season tickets a try due to home games being prime games mostly.

I was going to get Upper prime for $950. All I wanted was Yellow parking nothing else. I was ready to pay for preseason games as well. My 2 friends from Brooklyn both are Upper Prime and they have Yellow Parking. I always tailgate with them. So I really wanted Yellow parking.

I called the ticket office. I told them I wanted Upper Prime plus Yellow. They said they couldn’t give Yellow for Upper Prime. I said my friends have Yellow and they are Upper prime. The rep said it isn’t available anymore.

I didn’t make his job tough. I said fine. If that’s the case can you look for Section 334 for $450 if I am getting Orange. He said let me check. He checked and said no tickets available at 334. I said Okay thanks. I will wait a year and try my luck again. As I was getting ready to thank him he said sorry I looked wrong I can give you 334.

The whole thing took like 3 minutes. So I wasn’t really trying to nickle and dime or trying to be cheap. I really wanted fair treatment with yellow parking. That’s all.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree with $450 being unheard of for NFL season tickets so there’s no room to negotiate. I also believe that getting a bunch of those seats for this year could be a money making operation because of our opponents with the Jets being good the icing on the cake. If I didn’t have back surgery in the near future I might have bought 4-8 seats and made some cash.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So it sounds like nothing has changed in thee old Jets ticket office since I dealt with them since we played at Met Life. You wanted to buy the $950 tickets but they wouldn’t give you the better parking pass so they forced you to give them $500 less and lied to you about availability until you said no thanks. Frigging schieksters with there own fan base. They must hire some used car salesman on route 46 in Moonachie. That’s a bad business model right there. And they wonder how they turned over the ticket holder fan base and lost 40% of us

CBG and Brook! like this.
  17. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

You look at the escalator model in business, especially sports business where season tickets are one of the high revenue producers aside from lucrative sponsorships and partnerships. The Jets are smart. Introduce an affordable option for the everyday fan, make them feel appreciated and offer loyalty programs, good gameday experience and try to get a good product on the field. That price is destined to rise, yes, but if you’re able to apply the escalator model by bringing in consumers at an affordable price, the retention rates are going to be higher than most would think because consumers don’t want to break their routine of something they are passionate about. They want more and have the urge to continue their routine and traditions they set. They may feel reluctant about being retained at a higher price, but if you’re able to get 80%-90% of those consumers back while bringing in more, you’ll see a lot less empty seats in these venues.

18. Brook!

Hold on hold on. You think buying 4-8 tickets from Section 334 is sound decision? Don't make me regret for getting only 1. Lol.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OR------lets try this Brook = Jonah and Chris Johnson is the Whale , no ? How about , Brook is just in the garden minding his own business when the ticket reps offered him that sweet ,juicy , red looking apple along with an orange parking pass ? Still no good ? How about Moses parted the red sea and Alleycat, 314, CBG and company scooted on thru as fast as they could along with the Israelites and we walk on the dry ground and cross the sea, followed by the Egyptian army. Once CBG and friends along with the Israelites have safely crossed Moses lifts his arms again, the sea closes, Brook and the Egyptians are drowned by the sea of Jet sales reps ? Yep that one works for me !

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don’t trust the Jets and it doesn’t require any religious references. They lowered the price for one reason. Supply vs demand. They have made many bad business decisions since Met Life and the product has sucked for the last 8 years. The ticket inventory is high for season tickets. They know they will sell plenty of single game tickets to visiting team fans but I think they have lost there season ticket fan base for ever. No Matter how good they get I will buy single game tickets and pick my spots. Even if it means paying $ 400 for a home championship game because in the end I am saving money and time and I still get to watch them every week. F Woody