Get well Mark G!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Jun 28, 2019.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Looks like he is winning his war against cancer. I still feel ashamed to him. Live long Mark!

egelband likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would love to see an Manhattan Project style commitment to curing Cancers. So far, it just seems like chasing the cure is far more profitable than actually finding a cure.

4. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Yeah the guy you ran into at a Jet party and said "who are you?"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

egelband and Brook! like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Drug dealers are the same at every level. The money is always in the come back.

egelband, Jets69, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  6. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

Lost my dad to colon cancer. Guys get your colonoscopies! Something that can be cured right then vs death and if no issues you may only need one every ten years. Since my dad had it, I am every five. No biggie.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yes Mark! Get well soon!!!

Personally I sense a lot of Jet fan animosity towards Mark which I’m confused about. Sure the hit on Bernie was a bad play but overall he helped make the Jets relevant, and to me he was the Babe Ruth of sacks.

I feel like Klecko gets all the love but damn, Mark was an absolute specimen ahead of his time.

I recently watched the 84 season on NFL network and I believe he said he was 6’5 and 275 and ran a 4.5. That’s elite to this day.

Yes he was nuts and all that bullshit but...

I love him and wish him the best. He was a great Jet and somehow under rated and under respected.

This is all my opinion, so please fuck off with going tit for tat with me on if he was great or not.

To me, he was great.

westiedog1 and egelband like this.
  8. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This is new to me. I assumed all Jets fans love #99. I know he went a bit tabloid in the late 80s/early 90s. But who didn't??

Anyhow I'm a fan. Always have been.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm due for mine for 2019..I think they're annual right?

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they don't find anything on the first trip up and in then every ten years is good. If they find any anomalies or you have a close relative who had an issue then every 5 years. If you had one last year you are golden.

Mine is in T minus 12 days and I don't mind the procedure all that much since you're asleep but the damn prep, arghh. I thought they figured out a better way but I guess my doctors office didn't get the memo.

11. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Mark G.

Yes the Colonosopy is important.

My asshole turned into a fire hose.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I don't know about that comparison, a fire hose can be controlled. I think more like a volcano, spewing fire almost without notice.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They may just be conspiracy theory quacks, but I've read a couple of articles over the last several years that have suggested that they already have a cure for most cancers, it just isn't profitable to use it.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, unless you have a history of polyps or someone in your family has had colon cancer, now they're saying every 5 years I think.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sounds like something from a failed poster named for a failed quarterback.

17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Keep fighting Mark!

[​IMG]

Leicester Jet and AJW like this.
  18. LF911SC

[​IMG]

AJW likes this.
  19. LF911SC

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There isn't a cure. Since Nixon declared the war on cancer in 1971 the US alone has spent 500 Billion on cancer research. While there have been some great breakthroughs for some cancers the reality is we have barely moved the needle on cancer death rates. 10 Billion a year financed by the tax payer since 1971 and the private drug companies provide roughly 50 billion a year in for profit drugs in treatment.

The discovery and treatment of cancers, including surgery, goes back to the Pharaohs' of Egypt.

The reality is we have to eat right, exercise and get an annual physical and a colonoscopy probably starting at 40 instead of 50 and every 3 years if you have had a polyp. Early detection is still the best way to have a fighting chance for a long term remission. Many women are getting genetic tests and making the hard decision to get mastectomies as a preventive measure before any sign of breast cancer.

If you really want to understand how difficult this is there is a great book called "The Emperor of all Maladies" by Siddhartha Mukherjee It won the pulitzer prize for non fiction and it reads like a novel. It's a fantastic book on the history of Cancer treatment. If you or a loved one has cancer skip it. Read it before you have it.

If you get diagnosed the key to survival is mental and physical toughness and be ready to advocate hard for your or your loved ones care. Passive acceptance is absolutely okay if you're dying but it's not okay when you're still fighting to live.

Acad23 likes this.