Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And he completes the blowing of the game in epic fashion.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Has there been one single move Brodie has made that's worked out? He might be the worst GM in Mets history judging by what I've seen so far.

JetBlue likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There’s the answer to the question, why has Mickey not been fired yet?

4. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I can believe I'm saying this. Diaz is worse than Flexen and some dude named Pounders.

It is incredibly frustrating. We would have been better holding onto Dunn, Swarzak, Bruce, and the kid we drafted in the first round. I don't understand why Callaway rested him for what, 11 days, and then dumped him into a high leverage situation. Sure, he's a professional, etc., but for your nerves, that's like going from sitting on your couch to running a marathon and expecting to finish first. Not sure where the common sense went. But it appears to be as uncommon as Mets wins.

5. statjeff22

Every day Callaway is manager is just a waste of time. It's very possible that the team is doomed anyway, but he has been way over his head since the day he was hired, and nothing is going to change that.

As to BVW, right now Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, Smith, Davis, and Vargas are exceeding expectations, and Ramos is meeting them. That's it. Everyone else on the team is underperforming, sometimes dramatically. You're not going to win when 70% of the team isn't meeting expectations. The GM grand experiment is clearly a complete failure so far. Remarkably, BVW's most correct decision (keeping Alonso on the team to start the season) may end up being the most damaging one of all (it turns out the extra wins the first two weeks of the season from having him won't matter, and now he'll be able to leave via free agency a year earlier). Just more proof that this team is cursed.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, here we are in another baseball season where I have to beg my wife NOT to go online to buy me Mets tickets for a game near my birthday in August. She's a Yankee fan and is used to Yankee ticket prices on the secondary market, so by comparison she thinks its a good deal to find decent Citi Field seats for $100 each. So, she'll pay $200 + to get two tickets to a late August game that means absolutely NOTHING. We go to the game, and the whole time I'm thinking "what the hell did she spend, what the hell did she spend" (I don't ask because it would ruin the day for me ; ) since I know she probably bought them in May.

Hopefully this year, she knows that a Mets season is over by the All-Star game, and tickets are better off bought the week of a game, at a substantial discount. I think next year we'll go to a Spring Training game in St. Lucie...

7. Cman68

I feel for you.. My wife gets me fishing trips for my BDay. :)

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Why bother watching? Seriously? You can just have opening call up and bring people off the street who can pitch better. This is absurd!

9. Cman68

They're gonna get the shit booed out of them in a half filled stadium on the celebration weekend. How fitting..

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Remember when they had the closing of Shea Stadium Tribute moments after one of the most demoralizing losses in franchise history? If for no other reason, the Wilpons should doubt themselves when most of these historic Mets tributes are held during dour circumstances. No only that, they have to realize the glory they are celebrating came before they ever got involved.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. statjeff22

Nice to see that Lugo has now become as terrible as everyone else in the bullpen. The big celebration just wouldn't have felt right without a blown lead, after all.

12. NYGalPal

Lost again! Lead blown again! Bottom of the 9th though with two on & no outs you gotta at least score the tying run. Come on guys!

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

As if this organization wasn't enough of a gongshow, now we offer condolences to two of the '69 Mets who are still alive :p

14. statjeff22

It's incredible that the Mets have taken the lead in the bottom of the eighth - is there anyone in the world (including Diaz himself) who doesn't think Diaz will blow it? And now it's a 3-run lead - maybe they'll win because he only gives up 2 runs?

McNeil and Alonso doing All-Star things, but it's really strange that a team as sucky as the Mets have three All-Stars. deGrom does not deserve it at all.

15. NYGalPal

Diaz not 1 run. Not 1 run.

[​IMG]

16. NYGalPal

Hooray the Mets finally win!

17. statjeff22

Amazing - 2018 Diaz shows up on the last day of June. Not going to believe that July will be different for a while, of course.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Big-time clutch by McNell and Alanso in the 8th, bullpen for once doesn't douse the mound with gasoline - nice win Amazin's.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's funny how the Knicks and Mets are continuing to make the Jets look like a great organization in comparison. At this rate I don't even know how I'll survive this crap until the Jets season kicks off.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I hope everyone had a Happy Bobby Bonilla Day yesterday.....