How excited are you for the new season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 25, 2019.

?

How excited are you?

1. Excited. Seems like Jets are on the right path

68.0%
  2. Somewhat excited. Some good moves but not enough excitement

25.3%
  3. Not really excited. Moves were bad but we shall see

5.3%
  4. Bad moves. Not excited at all. I am a darksider anyway

1.3%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Go for it TGG members.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The last 7 first round QBs posted a winning record in their second season as starter (Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson)

The last 6 Jets head coaches have posted a winning record in their first year on the job (Bowles, Ryan, Mangini, Edwards, Groh, Parcells)

I’m as excited as I have been in a while.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ask this question in 3yrs, because chances are all the people hired will be fired by then, I try not to get to optimistic these days, this team killed that for me years ago, hoping for the best though.

AJW likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Somewhat excited because I think Darnold will be a good QB and we made the right hire in Douglas. But jury's still out on Gase, and our roster construction is awful. Enough Pro Bowl-caliber talent for 10+ wins, but it's all in a running back and a bunch of interior defensive players.

Vida likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm excited for the first time in years. No coincidence because I think they've finally figured things out and the new pieces they've added - players and CS/GM -are the best they've had in years. Realistically I see an 8-8 or 9-7 record, but potentially even better with some luck and everyone performs to their ability.

I'm keeping my "Dark Sider" membership up to date just in case, but maybe it will finally be retired after this year.

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

After years of NOT being a darksider, we finally have a QB, and I'm headed to the dark side.

I am less impressed by Gase than I've ever been about a new Jets coach. As much as Mac needed to go, I don't like that Gase got to bring in his buddy for that job. Also, the Offensive line is terrible--but I blame Mac for that. I know some of you are high on Gase, and I hope you're right. If he can get us three or four games over .500 at any point, I'll gladly change my tune.

I'm excited about our QB and our defense, though. I think every guy named Williams is going to step up in a big way.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't believe Douglas will be Gase's puppet. And he got a 6 year deal, so he shouldn't be tied at the hip to Gase. I'm taking a wait and see approach on Gase, BTW.

#7 CotcheryFan, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you are voting on this poll in late June on a Jets message board, hate to break it to ya: but you are EXCITED. And you love football. Good. You should be. Me too! It's fun. :)

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Or we just have no life.

-Darksider

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm stoked.

But then I remember it's the NY Jets. :confused:

But really...I'm worried about the lack of depth and the scrubs we have in key spots.

Gase is a question mark at this point. So far so good.
    I get the feeling he may go a little nuts if they start losing.

Sam Darnold has a lot riding on his shoulders...heavy load for a kid that just turned 22.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

pick up the bricks

FJF likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

14. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I have gotten on the bandwagon. I just hope that I don't end up regretting it. I think that this coaching staff had all of there duck in a row.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I want more O-line help. I'm more than a little concerned about Gase as a HC given his track record, such as it is. Depth is always a concern. And...we're the Jets, yknow? This franchise has found ways to fuck things up spectacularly over the years, and nothing would surprise me.

Having said that, I'm fucking pumped for this season. Darnold year 2, Le'Veon and just a better overall team. Also, our schedule...four of our road games are against the Jags, Deadskins, Ravens, and Bengals. Handling them, + a split against the Bills and Fins (which would be disappointing IMO) + murdering the utterly helpless Giants, would be 7 wins. Even if they're absolute ass against stronger teams, if we can just take care of business against the weaker ones? 8-8 should be the floor for this team next year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Baker Mayfield is a bitch.

Baumeister, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’ll be an exciting year but I don’t expect the playoffs . The Jets are on the right track but it’s going to take at least one possibly two more off seasons to compete for a championship.

But give Douglas time to construct a roster the proper way. OL, CBs, and a consistent pass rush are needed for the Jets to be serious contenders.

I expect 8 wins this year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

If youre not excited at this time of the year, with all the excitement brought in by the changes, youre really not a fan.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Definitely excited.

I am hopeful for an 8-8 season where we prove we are ready to compete with the top teams in the AFC by November/December.

Anything more than 8 wins would be awesome. I would like to see Darnold take another step in his development. Increase the completion percentage and cut the Ints down a bit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Am I permitted to be interested without being excited? Or does that make me "not a fan" after all these years?

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.