Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

If before the season started you would have told me the Mets rookie 1st basement would hit 26 home runs & counting before the all-star break I would have thought the season would look differently.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Ah, but if you had been told that the starting rotation would have 4.19 ERA and 1.287 WHIP, the setup man would have a 7.81 ERA, and the closer would have a 3.64 ERA, 4 losses, and 3 blown saves, what would you have thought?

3. NYGalPal

I was going into the season assuming the starting rotation would be good. I didn't go into the season thinking our 1st baseman would be Mcgwire lol

4. NYGalPal

Quick question did you guys vote for Pete & Jeff for the All-Star? The voting process is unfair but whatever. I voted only a couple of times & I kind of feel bad about that. lol Fan bases be voting a billion times, and I just don't have the time or desire to do that.

5. statjeff22

Nope - I haven't voted for the All-Star team in any sport in many years. If it was being based on merit Freeman clearly deserves it over Alonso, but I expect that Pete will be their representative anyway. Personally I hope he doesn't participate in the Home Run Derby, but it's obviously up to him.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Crazy that Alonso set the record for most rookie HRs before all star break. I hope this continues. He's the stud that this team has been waiting for for years to build around and his salary is cheap for a while.

7. NYGalPal

Most home runs by a Mets rookie: 2019 1- Pete Alonso, 27 2- 1983 Darryl Strawberry, 26

8. NYGalPal

No way was this pen holding on to a 1 run lead. Mickey it was clear as day the man didn't have anything.

Didn't even have Diaz warming up.

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Another gross loss. Lugo wasn’t right today, they should have pulled him after the 7th, even if it meant giving Gsellman the 8th. Result would have been the same but Lugo wouldn’t be burnt for three days (or more). Even if Regan pulled Lugo during that mound visit, it would have been better. Oh well, characteristic 2019 Mets.

10. NYGalPal

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This team is good enough to get it together...the manager, not so much.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I see Brodie's Bums dropped another winnable game. Oh well, off to Philly.

14. statjeff22

And here I was about to say that the only thing stopping the Mets from firing this clown's ass was embarrassment about how bad it would make them look that they hired someone so obviously over his head. Instead Callaway gifts them with the perfect excuse to do it. The only natural possibility now is that the moron Wilpons will blow this golden opportunity and NOT fire him, just to show how they "stand by their people."

You really can't make this shit up.

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think if they fire him, they will wait for the all star break or even possibly the end of the season. BVW has been publicly supporting him pretty strongly, I doubt they can him now and do a 180 on that.

Plus they are about to have the 50 year anniversary of the 69 Mets and those celebration games are this coming weekend, so firing him now could put a damper on that.

16. statjeff22

So now they're talking about putting possibly the worst defensive shortstop in baseball in center field; according to Rosario, he "played some outfield as a kid." Why exactly would this be a good idea? Pretty soon Alonso is going to be the best fielder on the team. This just strikes me as more desperation from a person sadly unqualified for his job.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

lol what a clownshow - Callaway met the media and refused to apologize. Just could not fess up to making a mistake and people are saying that's exactly what ownership told him to say
    looooooooooooool

NoodleArm likes this.
  18. statjeff22

Update two hours later: Callaway called back the media and said that he apologized to Healey in their meeting. Presumably BVW told him that he had two choices: apologize publicly or lose his job.

Vargas made a 30 second statement to the media that clearly showed that he doesn't give a shit about any of this and then ran away into the clubhouse. What a tool.

19. statjeff22

Another brilliant pitching job for Matz. :rolleyes:

20. NoodleArm

Must End The Season. Another wasted year.

Please baseball gods, convince Wilpon to fire Callaway before 1969 weekend (Friday).

Cman68 likes this.
  21. NoodleArm

This is the same guy who avoids using the 2018 saves leader who's fresh in favor of a reliever with an elbow condition, who's tired...