Jets offensive pace "significantly higher" than previous years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who the hell let this guy out from under his bridge?

FJF likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gone =/= bad

1) lee - turned out BPA overall. outperformed everyone picked after him. top 3 cover LB last year as well according to PFF and above average according to PFF

2) flyer on a bust QB. shit happens

3) 3rd rounder who has turned out to be a solid starter and has more sacks then 1st rounder beasley over the past few years people wanted here

4) 4th rounder shit happens

5) average starting RT in the 5thy round who outperformed the OT taken in the 1st

7) good starting punter from day 1

7) ace special teamer in the 7th round

8) UDFA above average starter

we had 2 busts in hack and burris but lee was the right pick, shell was a steal, jenkins was a solid pick, and we wound up with 5 average to above average starters in 1 draft and an ace speacial teamer. hard to complain about that

3. GasedAndConfused

not really. both would be coming up for contract. fuller has missed a ton of time on his rookie deal as well. likely fuller would walk for us after this eyar and i'd take robbie, crowder, and Q over him any day so no can't see a reason to want fuller. only type of WR id' want is a stud WR1 like hopkins.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A faster pace should get us to field goals quicker.

Tony Sparano would be proud.

FJF likes this.

5. RIP..

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Who needs a skilled and experienced offensive line when a higher offensive pace and new uniforms should be enough to get the Jets into the playoffs?

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah for a bad draft class, this wasnt that bad of a draft at all. It was the 2015 and 2017 drafts that were really bad that I think got sandwiched between this one. Also we're so used to getting top 6 picks that you forget that Lee was a later 1st rounder.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The new unis should get it done by themselves! :)

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets are in great hands with Darnold ......let’s see what he does this season. Can’t wait .

FJF likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

yeah the 2015 was pretty awful. we got leo but every other pick was a bust. 2017 is hard to judge some of them and the top 2 picks were great (maye and adams) but the back to back bust WRs in the 3rd and 4th make it look really bad and nobody from the late rounds has emerged yet. I'd give it this year though to officially call it a bad draft. I sitll have hopes for maguire, clark, and maybe even jones. But yeah outside of the top 2 picks not good in hindsight. i think the 2016 draft was great though. so was the 2018 one with darnold, and getting herndon in the 4th and I think nickerson in the 6th can be a steal. I think he will grow into our nickel back by 2020. the sheprad and foley picks aren't looking great but could work out. need more time. cannon was a 6th rounder who at least is a good gunner so can't complain about that pick too much