here, how about a trip down memory lane. Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets 1986 Week 3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hackenberg, Jun 19, 2019.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If we beat the Browns we absolutely beat Denver in the AFC title. That Jets team had a very quick & strong defensive line and linebackers. Elway back then would murder teams with his mobility. Buying more time again and again and making huge plays down the field

The Jets, as evidenced by our Monday night win over them that season could neutralize Elway.

KurtTheJetsFan and sec314 like this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my lord i couldnt agree more. grit is a great word to describe the football that i fell in love with.

Hackenberg likes this.
  3. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Brook! should watch this game. Real football. Not the game if today

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Do you have video of the tumor being removed? Without video I can not believe any of this.

sec314 likes this.
  5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Worse Jet loss that I ever saw. Had the game wrapped up and gave it away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay AJW I will.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I said its the worst sporting loss, not the worst thing... get it. Maybe read a post next time. I am a father of 2 and been married for 34 years and work 70 hrs a week to support my family. i think I have my priorities set. The fact that you post on a Jets forum means you take this shit to serious to begin with. How long have you been waiting to post this? Find someone else to lecture pal. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hackenberg, Brook! and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I disagree here. The Jets would not have won in Denver in fact it probably wouldn't have been that close.

I don't know if you remember but the Jets were decimated by injuries by the time the post season arrived. The Jets had lost their final 5 regular season games ( mostly blow outs ) after starting 10-1. The secondary and OL ( much like today ) were very thin and very beatable. O'Brien was only in the Browns game because Pat Ryan had gotten hurt. O'Brien in particular could not get the team moving with the porous OL - he simply wasn't mobile enough. He had several possessions in OT to get the Jets into FG range and if I remember correctly only got maybe one first down. He was simply dragging a dead horse. Had the Jets not made some mind boggling mistakes at the end of regulation - particularly the defense - they would have survived the Browns and moved onto Denver but the season would have ended then. And in hindsight it was for the best because the Giants would have made mincemeat out of them in the SB and what would of been worse than that ??

Now had they avoided all of those injuries we're talking a different story because earlier in the season while healthy the Jets were whipping everybody....

KurtTheJetsFan and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes to everything you said. We were on a downward spiral and limped into the playoffs. But this game was ours and we blew it big time. Like I said this was my worst Jet loss and there’s a long of lost

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's been a while but I thought we got some guys back by then

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

This, the Mud Bowl, 1998 AFC Championship Game

#31 matt robinson 17, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  12. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

One of the best games I ever saw and I've been to just about every game since 1977