'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Isn't amazing how the NBA has 15 guys in the top 5.

phubbadaman likes this.
  2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

True, but I remember people saying that Lebrons game would start to dip when he got into his 30's, it hasn't at all. The man is obviously a physical freak of nature and eventually his age will catch up, but I think between the advancement in health care, and the game being less physical, Lebron may be able to dominate for a few more years. The best thing to happen to him was getting injured, and the Lakers missing the playoffs, now he has had more time off than he has had since becoming an adult, AND I think mentally now that he knows the Warriors aren't there as a road block, this is his time to make up what he lost because of them. If he wins one title with the Lakers, it would be great, but im sure he would love to win 5 like Kobe and Tim Duncan.

He now is with a dominate player that should be at the top of his game for the next 5 years at least, which means Lebron may be winning a title in his very late 30s like Tim Duncan.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So true. The best thing Lebron and AD have going for them is they didn't have the wear and tear of a championship run. They both will have a long off season. LeBron actually is starting to look like an old man. You can see it in his face.

When Green Bay played NE and they interviewed Rodgers and Brady before the game I was shocked about how much younger Brady looked then Rodgers. Rodgers looks like an old man compared to Brady. Lebron is starting to look like an old man. I could see him having problems being great for 40 minutes night after night in the playoffs.

4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I believe there is a clear top 3: Kawhi, Lebron, Durant

After that there is a gap, but obviously then its guys like Curry, Harden, Davis, Antetokounmpo, Westbrook....

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You can make an argument for Curry as a top 3 player. LeBron debatable top 3 player at this stage of his career. AD, and Giannis deserve conversation.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

There's no way in hell that is an "obvious" top 3.

All the guys you mentioned in the second tier make really good cases for #1.. Well not Davis, or Rus, but the rest lol

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Chris Paul to the Lakers would be a mistake. I know we are in the age of the "Big 3" but the Raptors just proved you don't need it. What the Lakers need are shooters and lots of them. Guys are going to be open all the time and everywhere with that team. I can see the argument for someone like Jimmy Butler, but not Chris Paul or Kemba Walker. The Lakers are ridiculously thin as it is right now, so I would much rather see them get many solid players with the remaining budget instead of trying to get an All-Star for the sake of saying they have a "Big 3".

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I like guys who can take over the game consistently when it matters most. There are the only 3 guys outside of Kobe Bryant that have done that over the last 10 years.

When Giannis does it, he will be right next to them, but as of right now he, he has not shown it, especially after he was up 2-0 on Toronto.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

even if LeBron's game dips as some of the detractors here are ready to declare, he's still going to be the best all around player in the game.

I don't believe his skills are eroding much. I honestly believe he is the type of player that is best set up for a long career anyway. He has athleticism but his game in not predicated on that. LeBron is also a great facilitator and a smart player. Those guys play strong until they hit their 40s. LeBron is only 34.

Davis is a perfect fit. LeBron's game will shift. From the guy in Miami/Cleveland who drove the paint all the time: To the guy posting up, coming off screens and finding the open man.

A 7footer to reliably clean up for him is great. A 7footer that can do that AND stretch to the 3 point line. AND is an elite defender like Davis? shitt that's ideal

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LMAO! I have never seen that before for any draft in any sport.

Team Needs: EVERYTHING (starters and bench).

Only the Knicks!

Antoni likes this.
  12. Sam Hammer

I'm happy with the Barrett pick. The guy was ranked #1 coming out of high school last year and averaged 27 when Zion was hurt. Seems like a good pick, who knows, might even be better than Zion.

I have to say, the Knicks have had some recent chances to really fuck things up but didn't. It's a promising sign. They are showing patience. Maybe Perry is actually following through with his plan to build via the youth.

Whatever big name free agent comes in, it really should be someone who is a strong leader.

13. Sam Hammer

Did the Knicks dodge a bullet or get boned? I guess we'll find out.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Dodged a bullet big time. If zinger averages more than 40 games per year on the court I'll be shocked

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. Sam Hammer

Agreed. Porzingis will likely be good with Doncic, and the pairing makes sense, but I have doubts that KP can stay healthy. He hasn't even finished a season healthy yet and missed almost as many games as he played.

I'm just glad that headache of him and his brother are gone and the Knicks didn't even have to make that decision.